[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone who knows what the fuck they're talking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Has anyone who knows what the fuck they're talking about ever compared the S550 Mustang GT and Alpha chassis Camaro SS?
>>
>>17869045
no one who knows what theyre talking about remotely cares about two pigfat slushboxes marketed to boomers and monster-energy-drinking trailer trash
>>
Depends what kind of metrics you're after. I've driven both and have a preference, but I'm by no means a professional automotive journalist/tester.
>>
File: f type.png (11KB, 643x213px) Image search: [Google]
f type.png
11KB, 643x213px
>>17869059
>being this much of a retard
>>
>>17869045
Why even ask this on /o/? Shitboxes and benchracing reign supreme here.
>>
>>17869067
What's your preference? I own a Mustang and have driven 5 other Mustangs and have only driven one Camaro. A 2016 convertible 2SS. But you can't form an opinion on just one 10 minute drive. Those fuckers are impossible to find near me.
>>
>>17869096
I'm hoping someone here watches Matt Farah, Savagegeese, Chris Harris, or someone along those lines and can hopefully direct me towards their analysis of those cars.
>>
The Alpha chassis is far superior and lighter.
>>
>>17869109
Really prefer the S550. I have friends that have each.

Camaro cliffnotes; I think my buddies is a 2014 2ss.

Sounded better stock for stock
Seats were p nice
It's fuggin big
Suspension/weight feels weird in corners
I dont like the interior. Feels old and lame. Muh opinion though so whatever.

Mustang:
Interior is much nicer imo
Better visibility
noticeably smaller when driving
like 10k fucking cheaper
suspension still wasn't great

IDK, the camaro isn't bad, and the new ones are better than previous gens. I just much prefer the interior in the Ford, and where the Mustang and Camaro both have similar problems to be fixed by the aftermarket, I'd rather buy the one that is a nicer place to be on a day to day basis.
>>
File: IMG_20170909_091215.jpg (3MB, 4640x2610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170909_091215.jpg
3MB, 4640x2610px
>>17869186
The 2016+ Camaros are completely new chassis despite similar looks. It's lighter and much better. The alpha chassis is also shared with the ATS and CTS
>>
>>17869214
If they fixed the suspension and weight feeling then I imagine it would be a much tighter race.

Interior looks quite a bit better too, I'd have to sit in one newer to have a real opinion though.

Didn't realize they did such a major refresh. My bad.
>>
>>17869186
>like 10k fucking cheaper
That's the kicker for me. The Camaro is a better "driving" car in nearly every way, on paper.

But the Mustang has a lot going for it. Squared stace, so you can rotate tires. Better visibility, usable rear seats (which are useful about once a month), a larger trunk (which I don't really give a shit about), I won't have to buy new winter tires since the base gt is still 235 wide.

But then the Camaro has better gas milage and lower insurance rates, but at a 9k higher sticker, that doesn't matter.

But wait, there's more! I hear Chevy gives aggressive discounts because apparently they can't sell cars while Mustangs fly off the lots and all that's left in my area are GT Premiums and Convertibles with 10k worth of options I don't want. Fuck, I hate Canada.

But to be fair, from what I hear the 2016 Camaro is a totally different beast. I thought the 2010 Camaro was a piece of shit and I never would have considered buying one until now.
>>
>>17869218
The Camaro is now lighter than the Mustang I believe.
>>
All my issues would be solved if I could afford a C7 Corvette.
>>
>>17869045
They're both muritrash. That's what someone would say that knows what the fuck their talking about. The Focus RS absolutely RAGS the Mustang on the track and in daily use. Camaro is bad quality rubbish as always
>>
File: gt vs rs.png (347KB, 1515x612px) Image search: [Google]
gt vs rs.png
347KB, 1515x612px
>>17869286
I'm not worried about some overpriced Eurotrash designed gay hatch.
>>
>>17869315
Hell, you could even get a 700hp mustang from Lebanon ford for 40k. Leaves you 8k for the hookers and blow you'll be doing after you wreck that numale fag in his focus.
>>
File: 20170707_011908.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170707_011908.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Stock for stock, for the 2017 model year I have to say it's not really close. The alpha chassis camaro is really fucking good. I test drove a mustang performance pack before buying a camaro 1le for a bunch of reasons:

>better power throughout the rev range(by a lot in the low and mid range)
>handling is on a whole different level
>better mpgs (I don't know how Ford managed to pull this off with a smaller displacement dohc engine)
>superior interior materials quality (It's the truth, there's nothing nice about the mustangs interior, the part of the dash you look at is a slab of hard plastic, in the camaro it's padded leather-look vinyl with contrast stitching)
>uses some wizardry to look much bigger than the mustang while being 100 pounds lighter
>1les brakes are pretty much on par with any supercar

That being said the mustang has some stuff going for it. People will have their preferences in looks and the PP mustang I would have specced out would have been about $5k less than the 1le. Also the visibility meme which I haven't noticed since I'm really tall.
>>
>>17869045
Brad drives the Shitstang, while Chad drives the Camaro for true alpha males.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.