[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be me >building race car >need 14 M6 1.0 flange nuts to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: people-are-no-damn-good.jpg (41KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
people-are-no-damn-good.jpg
41KB, 338x450px
Be me
>building race car
>need 14 M6 1.0 flange nuts to secure interior bulkhead block-off panels
>go to Home Despot
>they have exactly 7 bags (2 in each bag) of the nuts I need
justwahtineed.jpg
>carefully check each bag to ensure they are the correct thread
>pay
>head back to shop
>get in car - begin to install panels
>two of the 14 nuts don't have threads
>two more of the 14 nuts have threads but the nut is mis-shapen and won't fit in the socket

Is it that fucking hard to make nuts in China now?
>>
>>17867248
it will only get worse
>>
>>17867248
China hate thread?

Just for future reference, Ace Hardware stores usually have a really nice section of assorted fasteners. My local one has two entire isles dedicated to fasteners - one imperial and one metric. The one at my vacation home only has one isle, but it has everything I've ever needed.

>Working on my trail rig s10 blazer
>This thing sees nothing but light service trail use
>Loaded up Rock Auto and placed an order to replace a CV shaft and a few steering & suspension components for the front end
>Mevotech IIRC
>Out of the box ball joints are loose, hardware is the wrong length
>Check item numbers to make sure I received the right parts
>They match up, returned the parts
>Went to O'Riley's for the lifetime warranty on the parts
>Paid quite bit more, still Chinese garbage
>I've had to replace parts I bought less than a year ago
>Haven't put but maybe 100 fairly easy miles on them
>You get what you pay for

I've taken my DD down the same trails at the same rate of speed and nothing is going out. Granted, I usually use OEM or Moog problem solver parts on my DD. The toy gets cheap parts as I don't care if it breaks in the trails.
>Absolute worse case scenario I walk 3 hours home and grab my tow rig
>>
>>17867297
>Just for future reference, Ace Hardware stores usually have a really nice section of assorted fasteners.

OP here - there were 2 Aces close to my house - one closed and the other is staffed by mouth-breathers who really would not know what a flange nut was. Ace is no longer an option for me. ;(

What pisses me off is its a 16 mile round trip from my place ( I live in the sticks) to the HD. Thats a full hour out of the shop and a gallon of gas for less than $2 of hardware.
>>
File: 1487788603279.png (170KB, 529x419px) Image search: [Google]
1487788603279.png
170KB, 529x419px
>>17867248
>buying hardware in bags of two
>>
File: images (4).jpg (7KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
7KB, 261x193px
>Buy 3 lbs of 2 1/2" galvanized nails
>Flying through them nailing sheets ply to the frame work
>Go to grab a nail out of my tool pouch
>It feels funny
>2 of the nails are stuck together

CHINA!
>>
>>17867321
I just walk in and ignore all employees. Don't ask for nothing and don't expect help. As a former retail wageslave I don't have high expectations from those that work there. If they haven't been promoted past a stock boy or cashier they're not making an attempt.

>>17867432
>Nail has two heads
>Screw heads are filled full of the coating applied to the screws
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.