[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long until EVs get to the 400 mile range as most ICE cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: the-ginetta-g50_100190940_m.jpg (40KB, 630x276px) Image search: [Google]
the-ginetta-g50_100190940_m.jpg
40KB, 630x276px
How long until EVs get to the 400 mile range as most ICE cars have? I have a dream about driving an EV sports car through a mountain road blasting the Initial D soundtrack (no engine noise so I need something to fill the void). But I don't want the car to shit itself and die after about 50-70 miles.
>>
File: 419967.jpg (126KB, 1140x718px) Image search: [Google]
419967.jpg
126KB, 1140x718px
first for kawaii ginetta
>>
when we invent a whole different type of battery or can implement solar panels to at least increase range until then lithium just isn't gonna cut it
>>
It's definitely coming. We're already at around 250-300 with that new Tesla that just came out. It may not sound like a big deal, but then again, consider what the EV market looked like five years ago. Maybe in another five years we'll get to 400.

Though DESU, most people on the road today would be fine with an EV even with less range, considering that the average commute isn't necessarily that far. The problem is that people are picky and usually look for excuses to get out of making a change. You'll get people like:

>my average commute a day is 15 miles
>this Leaf only does 100 miles on one charge? but what if I suddenly wanted to just get in the car and drive 500 miles on a whim, despite having my life and schedule structured in a way that would be virtually impossible for this to happen?
>guess I'll just have to make do with this fuck-huge SUV that gets 15 MPG
>gas will be cheap forever, right, guys?

If you could get even 10% of those people to switch to EVs, the market would be entirely different.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.