[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 20 year old NEET >get my driver's license >go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: CTT61-9WcAADIzS.jpg:large.jpg (46KB, 640x364px) Image search: [Google]
CTT61-9WcAADIzS.jpg:large.jpg
46KB, 640x364px
>be 20 year old NEET
>get my driver's license
>go on practice drives with my parents every evening for half a year
>get a job
>save up enough money to buy a shitbox
>think i' have enough experience to drive myself too and from work
>have to drive in rush hour traffic
> already had two close calls in the span of a month

How to survive rush hour traffic? I thought I did okay when I was driving around with my parents, but during rush hour shit becomes more frantic. It overwhelms me. It's harder to predict what other drivers are doing, people bend or break the rules, nobody ever gives me a gap to change lane/merge. It's chaos.
>>
>>17860408
Just do it. I was driving my v8 commonwhore ute with 6 hours practice time and an hour of driving exam in a Yaris.
>>
File: 1503639340828.jpg (15KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1503639340828.jpg
15KB, 500x322px
Sounds like you have some issues with initiative and self confidence

Learn your blindspots, and acceptable passing area (like if you can see a cars headlights you can probably fit in front). Practice quick maneuvers on empty streets. learn your car and your abilities

Unfortunately, in rush hour, you have to be a shitty driver like everyone else.

Also, dont camp in the slow lane. People do the riskiest manuvers there. Safest lane IMO is the fast lane, as ironic as that sounds.
>>
Just drive firmly and with purpose and all the beta cucks will scatter before you.
>>
>>17860408
>It's chaos.

You described both this website and rush hour traffic very aptly. Like the former, you must learn to love the chaos of the latter.

>>17860471
>Safest lane IMO is the fast lane, as ironic as that sounds.

This right here, keeping the fast lane moving is a great tactic to make traffic less miserable. 5-10mph over the speed limit all day unless you're somewhere crazy like 95 near philly

Otherwise that right lane passing shit starts happening then it becomes a horrorshow.
>>
>>17860408
>>be 20 year old NEET
>>get my driver's license
>>go on practice drives with my parents every evening for half a year
>>get a job

16 year olds can't post here.
>>
>>17860408
>nobody ever gives me a gap to change lane/merge.
are you 100% sure about this? there is always someone willing to make a gap. it might be that they're giving you a gap but you don't trust it's large enough so they get frustrated and close it because they think you're not paying attention
>>
>>17860530
For real the only reason traffic around Baltimore even functions at all is because half of us are in the left two lanes doing 80 in a 60 to get the fuck out of there.
>>
File: 1494966672008.png (321KB, 480x650px) Image search: [Google]
1494966672008.png
321KB, 480x650px
>>17860471
This guy knows whats up. Also OP, you're going to have to be more aggressive, as Lisa points out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-It0v30194
>>
>>17860450
Umm but you can't drive v8s on ps lel
>>
>>17860643
This.

Also are you signaling properly?

Sometimes you kinda have to start going into the next lane forcefully but not so far in that you can't quickly/safely pull back out if the other driver decides to not let you in.
>>
>>17860918
NT checking in. Get rekt statecuck
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.