[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redline me on porsches /o/. Specifically a used Cayenne S.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: porsche-preview.jpg (114KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
porsche-preview.jpg
114KB, 800x600px
Redline me on porsches /o/.

Specifically a used Cayenne S. I'm considering getting one in the future. I hear the newer ones only have 4 cyl. turbo instead of the 6 cylinder porsche is known for though.

>what do you think of them
>how do they look
>what's the interior quality like
>are they reliable
>what kind of maintenance costs can one expect
>can you even work on them yourself given how the engine is positioned? do you pretty much have to pay a shop thousands to drop it every time something goes wrong?

If you don't like them what would you get instead that was at least as luxurious with similar or better performance and looks?
>>
>>17859600
>Cayenne
VW Touareg with a Porsche V8 swap
>>
>>17859600
>>17859603
Fuck me. I meant Cayman. I don't know why I typed Cayenne.
>>
>>17859640
Caymans are pretty damn fantastic, although a bit down on power so they don't intrude on the 911's territory.
Maintenance-wise they're far from bad, Porsche has a great track record when it comes to reliability and you can do most things yourself, on older ones at least.
Parts aren't gonna be shitbox-tier cheap obviously, they take a lot of oil so oil changes are fairly costly, and if you take them to a shop (or god forbid the stealership) be prepared to pay out the ass since these are still high-end German cars.
>>
File: gallery08large.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gallery08large.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>17859680
Thanks for the input. It's good to hear that it won't be needing extensive and expensive service every thousand miles. I'd do all the work I could myself and it doesn't look that bad now that I see it without the upholstered engine cover on.
>Caymans are pretty damn fantastic, although a bit down on power
This part is concerning to me to be honest. Even used they aren't too cheap and at barely over 300 hp it really doesn't seem impressive. Speed isn't everything of course but when you're paying that much it's a tad underwhelming with the numbers other cars are doing nowadays.
>>
>>17859767
It's pretty common for people with early Boxsters/Caymans to swap in a 911 engine. It's a relatively straightforward swap, and a great upgrade if you've suffered from the infamous IMS bearing failure (on M96 and M97 engines).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.