[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are locking lug nuts just a total waste of time? Or will it serve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

Are locking lug nuts just a total waste of time? Or will it serve even as a mild disincentive so that a thief might move on to the next target?
>>
>>17858913
>a mild disincentive
Yes, unless you live in a city where auto-burglaries have been de-criminalized. Then, they make the situation worse because the youths will start breaking windows and destroying the interior looking for the key.
>>
>>17859037
>auto-burglaries have been de-criminalized
The what now?
>>
>>17859046
San Francisco, CA. Cops will drive right by someone busting into a car.
>>
>>17859121
How're the cops supposed to assume that just because you're breaking into a car it means you're doing something illegal?

I can smash my cars windows if I want to. Maybe I locked my keys in there and I need to find them.
>>
>>17859145
>I can smash my cars windows if I want to.
You wouldn't want the cop to stop and check it out?
>>
>>17859162
That'd be grounds for a profiling lawsuit.
>>
>>17859162
no, it'd probably be an awkward situation for all parties involved.

just check back and if the glass hasn't been cleaned up, see if you can't locate the owner.
>>
>>17859145
I'm 99% sure a locksmith is cheaper than a new window, you have to be a serious brainlet (or thief, who are also brainlets) to consider that an option
>>
>>17859183
A lock smith needs money today, a window needs money next season, or potentially never.
>>
>>17859171
"Someone stole your car"
"You didn't stop them?!"
"No we thought he was the owner"
>>
>>17859226
Innocent until proven guilty.

Even if caught "red handed".
>>
>>17859233
Sometimes I hate our justice system.
>>
>>17859241
*are
>>
>>17859266
What?
>>
File: 1502018379959.jpg (70KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502018379959.jpg
70KB, 640x640px
>>17859145
>How're the cops supposed to assume that just because you're breaking into a car it means you're doing something illegal?
>>
>>17859322
I dindu shit nigga.
>>
>>17859170
I might just be pranking the cashier with a water pistol.
>>
>>17859573
Just give your getaway driver a video camera and record the whole thing with silly sound FX to post during the law suit trial if it goes south.
>>
these locks only stop stupid people... you could just cut two edges into any lock nut and put on a vise grip and pull them wheels off in no time...
>>
File: 12777757.jpg (89KB, 1000x624px) Image search: [Google]
12777757.jpg
89KB, 1000x624px
>locking
>>
>>17858913
Let me put it to you like this. I bought a used car with locking nuts on it. $20 from Amazon and I took them off.

So if you have rims so expensive that somebody wants to go through the effort of stealing them then they probably already spent $20 on Amazon to get them off. It's nothing but an annoyance for that time you're trying to put your spare on and you can't find the key.
>>
>>17859046
>The what now?
Some ultra-liberal places listened to the discrimination activists about not jailing so many criminals. That's because once they get a criminal record, it is harder for them to find employment. Or the criminal record increases discrimination. As a result, some non-violent crimes became de-criminalized to reduce the number of minorities getting criminal records.

In similar vein, Seattle recently approved a city ordinance that prohibits use of a criminal record from preventing someone renting or leasing an apartment or home. So apartment complexes can no longer make use of a criminal background check and deny renting or leasing to that applicant even for felony convictions. Activists said use of criminal records had a highly disproportionate effect in making minorities homeless in seattle. The city council agreed and passed the measure. There are still certain exceptions that allow denial on criminal record such as pedophilia or if the place is a private rental to a family member. But if it is publicly offered, then the rental agreement must meet the legal requirements of rental anti-discrimination.
>>
>>17858913
>Are locking lug nuts just a total waste of time?
It prevents simple crimes of opportunity from greedy teen dindu. The dedicated thieves buy or steal a basic set of unlocking key tools. Whatever you get, make sure that it is not the key lock type (as in a bladed key like your house keys or padlock). If the criminal fails to break a key lock, that lock is wrecked and your legit key might not even let you take it off. So you'll have a bitch of a time fixing the problem the failed thievery caused.
>>
If someone was out to get your wheels, they're as good as gone unless you garage it/park at random locations.

I caught someone checking out my wheels with a flashlight one night and I had to park it at another location. Luckily, I was in the process of moving into my new house.
>>
>>17861394
You are assuming that the lug nuts are protruding and exposed. Most wheels worth stealing have recessed lug nut slots so you would be hard pressed to get an angle.grinder or anything in there that will cut the notches. If you do, you will damage the wheel and defeat the purpose of stealing said wheels.
>>
>>17858913
>t. nigger with nigger rims
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.