[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/ help a brother out. What could be this noise? passanger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 20170910_111949.jpg (3MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170910_111949.jpg
3MB, 2880x2160px
/o/ help a brother out. What could be this noise? passanger side, brakes and bearings look good, only thing is front rotors are faded (pic) but wtf could be this noise? I've checked everything

https://vimeo.com/233205030
>>
>>17852870
>modded g35
kys
>>
>>17852870
Those rotors are absolutely fucking toast.
I also don't think you know what brake fade is.
Those brakes are scored.
The sound sounds liek something stupid.
If the car doesn't make the sound when you rotate the wheel by hand in the air it's probably the bearing though.
>>
>>17852905
The rotors and pads only have 7k miles lul
The bearing is good I checked it...
>>
>>17852955
is the suspension stock? wheels upsized? weight transfers forward when you brake so it could be rubbing somewhere.
>>
>>17852975

Lowered on springs, stock 19 rays. Might be the rotor quality, ebay seller I guess
>>
>>17852955
Doesn't matter, those rotors are fucking done mate.

And if you actually checked the wheel bearings and they're fine it's likely your dust shield rubbing on the rotor.
>>
When did the noise appear?

Do you notice it more/is it louder when doing certain things? As in when you're turning, going over a speedbump or similar
>>
>>17852997
Oh, and also; does the noice correlate with your speed? As in does the noise "follow" the speed of your vehicle?

Have you tried jacking it up and see if the noise appears when you just spin one of the wheels by hand?
>>
>>17852870
FUCK my golf does that on the passenger rear side but it's more like a "creaking" sound like a big tree in the wind
>>
>>17852992
I already tried to bend the dust shield, I'll see what tthat does but I doubt its that the sound would be different

>>17852997
>>17853007

No noise at less than 5mph anything higher the noise appears, noise seems to stay the same at any speed and turning/speedbumps dont change the noise, I turned the front wheel by hand and no noise
>>
>>17853033
And you're sure thats the wheel where its coming from?
>>
>>17853039

Well guessing by the noise I couldn't think of anything else and nothing else is loose around (joints, arms, etc)
>>
File: 51nzdNAmQ8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
51nzdNAmQ8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
dont play loud fucking music when you make a video listening for a noise.

that sounds like a brake click to me. Take your pads out and put some synthetic brake lube behind the clips and on the little tab where the brake pads contact the clips too. pic related

also, anybody who's saying those rotors are done is a fucking retard.
>>
>>17853073
I'll repeat; when did the noise appear?
>>
>>17853075

There isn't any music playing, that's what I'm doing right now cleaning/lubing/greasing the components to see if it does anything rear didnt change anything doing fronts right now.

I'm not expert but 7k miles for some rotors to be done thats extreme, so you think they still good?

>>17853115

I really just came out of nowhere, I was at a car meet the night before and everything was good, next morning went to work and the noise was as loud/same as in the video.
>>
>>17853075
>Visible lip even in this photo
>Extreme scoring

Sure they don't have any hot spots or stress fractures, but those rotors are fucking toast.
>>
It's your parking brake.
>>
>>17853159

Alright, brakes are not expensive but I still wanna know if that could be causing this noise?

>>17853191

And what would the fix be?
>>
Update: Went for a drive again in a really tight road and its actually coming from both sides in the rear so its something in the middle, I spinned both rear wheels in the air and its quiet as shit. Both bearings are good in the back, idk what the fuck this is
>>
File: 20170526_112047_resized.jpg (332KB, 1268x713px) Image search: [Google]
20170526_112047_resized.jpg
332KB, 1268x713px
>>17854249
So its coming from the wheels/brakes on both sides?

I think its time you actually remove the rear rotors and see what they and the parking-brake assembly on the inside of it looks like
>>
>>17853234
>fix be?
Check to make sure the parking brake is off, then check the parking brakes by taking the wheels off and looking.
>>
>>17854487
>>17854527

Thanks will do this
>>
>>17854487

Sounded like both wheels cant really tell I dont have anyone to drive for me or listen but what am I looking at in the emergency brake? worn shoes?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.