[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you downshift and engine brake at every light, or just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 2r2osn8.jpg (542KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2r2osn8.jpg
542KB, 1600x900px
Do you downshift and engine brake at every light, or just use the brakes?
>>
My shitbox's brakes barely do anything so I smash that designated shifting stick like a champ.
>>
File: 13bexp.jpg (166KB, 787x639px) Image search: [Google]
13bexp.jpg
166KB, 787x639px
I can't engine brake
>>
File: automatic.jpg (118KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
automatic.jpg
118KB, 1024x768px
>>17852822
I just coast to a lower speed and then gently apply the brake as I approach the stop, then depress slightly to come to a complete stop, ending with lifting off the brake just slightly so that the stop is smoother for my passengers.
After that, when able to move again, I let off the brake gradually and depress the accelerator in a slow and linear fashion in order to maximize fuel economy and comfort.
>>
I usually only use the brakes as a last resort, if I have room I just let off the gas and coast till I need to downshift.
>>
>stopping at lights
lmaoing at beta cuck
>>
>>17852822
Brakes, I feel like brake pads are cheaper than a top end, and engine braking generally only actually matters from a performance perspective.
>>
Usually a combination of the two because lol bike. Mostly brakes more, though cuz like this dude said >>17852922, Pads are cheaper than a top end.
>>
>>17852822
Sometimes I'll do heel-toe, but for the large part I just toss it in neutral and brake to a stop.
>>
>>17852857
>passenger is annoying
>about to come to a stop
>stand on the brakes
>>
>>17852822
I will sometimes heel/toe if I'm pretty sure it will change soon.
>>
>>17852822
I always toss it down. Pedals still feel weird on my new car so I haven't yet gone all the way down to 1st. Only down to 2nd once in a while.

But if there's a red light or an exit ramp or anything, it's an automatic 3rd.
>>
>>17852822
I like to downshift and coast, also I love when the car pops and pops but that might be damaging to the valves over time...
>>
>>17852822
I coast in gear until about 2,000 rpm, then throw it in neutral and stop.
>>
>>17852822
If I think it might change before I arrive I'll go down the box but if I'm going to have to stop I'll just brake
>>
>>17852889
Driving on roads lmao cuck
>>
>>17853064
>Not driving the wrong way in a lifted f250
>Not having a massive erection at all times
>Not receiving on demand blowjobs

It's like you guys want to be fag fairies
>>
>>17852822
My car has regenerative breaking.
>>
>>17853654
That must be very helpful after it breaks.
>>
Brakes only

When pads & rotors cost ~$90 per axle and last 20k-60k miles, there is no reason to use a multi-thousand dollar engine to do the job of the brakes. If you live in a salt state like me, you know you have to replace the brakes before they wear out anyway because rust.
>>
usually downshift from 4th to 3rd and then cost and brake for the rest
>>
>>17852968
This
>>
>>17852857
my nigga
I don't have many intersection nor traffic-lights, mainly roundabouts.
They are like branching, if I guessed correctly I won't stop thus saving fuel,
if someone step into at the last moment I've to brake, wasting precious fuel.
>>
>>17852822
>When driving my bike, downshift unless I am on the tight track.
>When Driving truck coast from 50 to 30, then break.
>>
>>17853620
Not driveing a f700
Fucking KEK
>>
>>17852848

What happens when you downshift a dorito?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.