[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

classic American muscle cars in Japan are done up better than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: 34219426102_dcd0b218cb_o.jpg (2MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
34219426102_dcd0b218cb_o.jpg
2MB, 1800x1200px
classic American muscle cars in Japan are done up better than the boomers and other fools who own them here in America.

Why is this?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (604KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
604KB, 2592x1728px
because youre a weeb

Japan just imitates American styles
>>
>LOOK! DON'T TOUCH
What a tease.
>>
Nips can understand the appeal of an old rumbly vee-ayte, why can't Euros?
>>
>>17852748
their own performance V8s are much better
>>
>>17852748
because yurop is super nationalist towards the eu
>>
>>17852734
no rest of world imitates things japanese do and calls it a style
>>
>>17852748
Yuropoors can appreciate merican V8's, old chevy vans for example are super popular here because MUH VEE AYTE.
>>
>>17852763
except they're not, what euro engine from the 60s can make over 500hp easily that isn't from a ultra rare super car
>>
File: 180sx.png (1MB, 995x745px) Image search: [Google]
180sx.png
1MB, 995x745px
>>17852748
Because their own high performance and luxury vehicles are substantially easier to get than American V8 classic muscle cars are.

Even a current year mustang probably costs them $50k-$60k and probably a fuck ton for insurance and taxes.

Japan has a rare car culture, money to blow, a fascination with the west, and roads that don't rust cars to death.
>>
>>17852734
that is ugly as shit my boy
>>
>>17852819
>classic mustang
>ugly
literally kill yourself
>>
>>17852825
I think he meant the Chip Foose treatment that Mustang went through was ugly.
>>
>>17852766
>the eu is one nation
not in your lifetime, merkel
>>
>>17852832
exactly. im OP.

the car I posted vs that ugly chip foose tier mustang is just pathetic.
>>
>>17852908
the car you posted has ugly Chip Foose tier wheels

theyre even chrome

the Mustang I posted was built for cornering

lol weebs are this delusional
>>
>>17852703
Because they understand how to use Photoshop? You don't honestly think that's a natural picture, do you?
>>
>>17852809
This. There are no poorfags with muscle cars in Japan
>>
>>17852703
You got your answer the last time you made this thread.
>>
>>17852703
They were restored by Americans and then imported.
You can't import a non-restored classic into Japan, they have crazy mileage and mechanical condition vehicle laws.
I did this for a couple years. We did basically frame-off restorations (they're unibody cars, but you know what I mean). Japan bought every mustang we could rebuild. Everything has to be restored, to the point that the speedometer is reset to zero.
>>
>>17853822
You basically have my dream job except the inverse. Factory restoring JDM cars on Japanese soil and then exporting them to Canada would be GOAT
>>
>>17853196
i;ve never made this thread before senpai

>>17853822
yall niggas hiring
>>
>>17852748
>implying
>>
>>17853916
that would be my dream job
>>
>>17853822
Sounds like a sweet job. What state are you in? Did you ever convert any Mustangs to right-hand drive for them? '65-66 would be pretty straightforward to convert.
>>
>>17855449
>'65-66 would be pretty straightforward to convert.
The brake booster, steering box, and the exhaust are super tight in Mustangs because of the shape of the shock towers and brace, would not be straightforward at all. Old cars aren't Legos.
>>
>>17855449
theres a website similar to that called japaneseclassics.com
>>
>>17853920
The shop is in San Diego.
No idea if its still in business, this was years ago.
Don't want the owner to get spammed he was pretty cool.
>>17855449
We only did restores, no right hand conversions.
I believe that would be a modification and be even more red tape to get it in country.

As far as mechanic work, it was one of the better jobs I've had. It was almost surgical. Chassis was stripped, anything that was worn was thrown away. Anything that was to be kept was sandblasted and painted.
Changing a typical clutch in a regular shop sucks because of all the greasey shit you have to deal with before and after. With these cars everything was assembled as clean as you could imagine.
For some reason they liked the 65-66 the most. They'd go apeshit for a straight six 65 coupe and not give a crap about a big block '69 fastback.
>>
>>17856437
very interesting
>>
>>17856437
How much would they typically sell for?
>>
>>17856470
I honestly don't know. That was above my pay grade.
It must have been substantial, considering how much we put into them plus shipping them around the globe and having the additional import costs.
If you look at the typical "restore" done, many pieces are still original. We did almost everything. Every seal, every piece of rubber, entire drive train, most chrome was stripped and replated- and he was still making a profit. The cheapest must have ran $80,000 by the time it hit Tokyo.
>>
>>17856437
>They'd go apeshit for a straight six 65 coupe and not give a crap about a big block '69 fastback.
>>
>>17856572
>style over substance is only for tasteless weeaboos!!!111!!

It's crazy how similar the world is when you remove the pretention.
>>
File: cherrypicker.jpg (23KB, 346x253px) Image search: [Google]
cherrypicker.jpg
23KB, 346x253px
>>17852703
>>
>>17856545
Thanks for letting us know this kind of dream job exist. I'll try getting hired in one of those heavens, do you think I'd have a chance with an CS engineering degree ?
>>
>>17852734
fpbp
>>
>>17852703
Probably because the people who import them are billionaires and pay people to look after the car for them.
>>
>>17857750
I was hired at 19 and had zero college.
I'm older now and have thought about opening my own shop doing something similar. Maybe 54-66 F100's or big body sleds like galaxys and torinos.

If there's a niche market, fill it.
Don't rely on someone else's dream, make your own.
>>
>>17852703

Because only rich Japanese can afford them with import fees, shipping, taxes, high insurance rates and a total lack of parts availability in Asia.

That restored Mustang notchback is worth like 15k in the US but in Japan it could cost upwards 2-3 times that amount.

I also guarantee it was bought restored from an American company, not done there.
>>
>>17858429
read >>17853822
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.