[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of having more than ~200hp in a street

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

What's the point of having more than ~200hp in a street car? Sometimes I feel my Focus ST is way too fast, it only takes a downshift and pressing the pedal to the metal to go dangerously fast in less than 2 seconds. I can pull away from everyone in red lights if I shift just a little higher up in the rev band. Sometimes in the mountain roads I don't even need to shift because 3rd get is good from 30km/h to 100km/h, and going anything higher than that is suicidal.

Now I truly understand cars like the MX-5 or the GT86, fun isn't really about going ultra fast but to enjoy the very the very activity of driving.
>>
File: 1500798100355.jpg (100KB, 548x579px) Image search: [Google]
1500798100355.jpg
100KB, 548x579px
8/8 here's your (you)
>>
Try riding a sportbike one day.
>>
>>17851388

Because trying to overtake a long ass lorry in the mountain with 90hp is suicidal.
>>
>>17851388
Maybe you should just downsize then instead of having to opine here that something with the p/w ratio of a focus ST is too much for the public streets
>>
>>17851426
Try it in a 1.2 69hp fiat...
>>
Have you considered breaking the law, pushing the limits, or driving your car as intended on a racetrack?
>>
>>17851476
Nope, illegal and dangerous
>>
>>17851483
get off /o/
>>
>>17851483
and then there's also this faggot
>>
>Sometimes I feel my Focus ST is way too fast
literally stopped reading right there
>>
File: 1504446321401.jpg (46KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
1504446321401.jpg
46KB, 640x425px
You're not wrong, but it is convenient to have loads of power to overtake a slow Camry in the left lane by passing in the HOV lane. It's mildly empty and unskilled fun to accelerate from a red and defeat most cars on the road who aren't trying to race.
>>
>>17851553
You don't need too much power for that, just the ability to change gears
>>
>>17851421
/thread
>>
>>17851388
My shitbox has 230hp I know what you mean you can get into trouble with it if you want to but sometimes I still feel like I need way more power. Have you ever drove 300+hp cars before?
>>
260 hp isn't much in my 3800lb barge
>>
>>17851388
as somebody who has gotten 3 speeding tickets in 12 months I feel ya. Id rather have something I can drive the piss out of and not get in trouble for speeding.
>>
overtaking on the highway
>>
>>17851559
I've got 59hp, you can't make up for that with more gears.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.