[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When it comes to cleaning your cars, are you a mindless sheep(leather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (11).jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (11).jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
When it comes to cleaning your cars, are you a mindless sheep(leather cleaner, 2 bucket method, foam canon, paste wax, ph neutral soap, designer chemicals) or is you WOKE?
>>
File: 1500706953148.gif (2MB, 294x223px) Image search: [Google]
1500706953148.gif
2MB, 294x223px
>>17847880
>>
>>17847880
It depends on which one.
My fun car, I'll do the whole two bucket setup, grit guard, microfiber towels, panel by panel.
With my daily I just spray it with the hose every few weeks.
>>
Diswashing detergent everytime. Paste wax errytime.

2 buckets always

I never have time to treat my tonneau :(

I'll try next week with half a gram of meth
>>
>>17847880
>not using spray wax
>>
>>17849128
>removal of clear coat intensifies
>>
File: fw1.jpg (211KB, 1024x638px) Image search: [Google]
fw1.jpg
211KB, 1024x638px
>>17847880
I wipe the dust off with a clean dry towel first then switch to this with a microfiber or two. I don't really like wasting water on car washes.
>>
>>17847880

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XzXVbT4lz4

If you aren't cleaning your car like this, you're a fucking casual / dirty pleb
>>
>>17847880
I only use 1 bucket, microfiber wash mitt. Griots car soap. Use the powerwasher at local DIY wash.

When drying just a big microfiber drying towel. Go over the car after with smaller kirkland microfibers and spray wax to get streaks.

I got my car ceramic coated so I don't need to wax it, but do a few times a year when I want it to look extra good.

Griots tire shine.

Interior is vaccum, leather spray wipe down steering wheel and all leather areas. Then use griots interior cleaner.
>>
>>17851057
That's the first wax I ever used... It's OK I guess
>>
>>17849149
>dish soap
>removing clear coat
Nigga even rubbing alcohol has a hard time dealing with that shit.
>>
>>17851063
Doesn't everyone take a foam cannon to the interior? Isn't that how you're supposed to do it?
>>
>>17847880
My car is going to be washed by Irma
>>
>>17851749
Take it away now.. it's going roughly 16 mph just go
>>
File: tumblr_n8i4alKNlH1rgj8vqo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8i4alKNlH1rgj8vqo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x500px
Depends on my car. Take a lot more time washing my car than I do washing the truck. Two byucket method, grit guard, different mitts etc for the car.

Truck is one mit except for wheels and side steps which I do last, one bucket, quick wash. Just going to get scratched and dirty in the woods anyway.
>>
>>17849128
>Diswashing detergent everytime
If you're lucky and use the cheapest dollar store dishwashing agent, it might not have any enzymes and is just detergent. If you are unlucky, you use the premium name brand ones that have enzymes meant to loosen stubborn organic matter on pots, pans, casserole dishes, and ceramics. Those enzymes can artificially age your clear coat because both your paint and clear coat are organic materials. Some dish agents have "OXY" in their name probably because they have a non-chlorine bleach in them to help whiten melamine plastic plates coffee stained mugs. Obviously, any kind of oxygen bleach or chlorine bleach should never be used on car paint. The opposite of color is bleach of any kind.

Once in a long long time, sure, use that premium dishwashing agent to viciously strip clean the car. But don't use it regularly because it will artificially age the clear coat.
>>
>>17851749
>My car is going to be washed by Irma
And the tree sap will be lovingly brushed off by the chunks of wood and trash blown around by Irma.
>>
>>17849149
>>17851401
Ethanol, methanol, and isopropanol won't touch it at all. You can straight up rub acetone or toluene on full cured clear and it might just dull it a little bit.

Dishsoap shouldn't ever be used on clearcoat as a maintenance wash because it removes wax. But it won't hurt the clear itself.
>>
>>17847880
>cleaning your car

It's just a car lmao
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.