[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a stock Toyota BOV that is stuck open. It has no bolts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0633.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0633.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
This is a stock Toyota BOV that is stuck open.

It has no bolts or screws anywhere that would let me take it apart.

How the fuck do I clean this so it opens and closes again?
>>
Heat it up with a hot air gun, use a compressor air pistol and put a hose on it, then connect it to the nipple

Might be able to get it going. If not you could try letting it soak in petrol or diesel overnight
>>
>>17847474
buy a new one you cheap fuck
>>
>>17847474
dose it cunt
>>
>>17847529

The vaccum nipple is attached to the hat like thing which is crimped on.

I sprayed the whole thing with some carb cleaner (including into the nipple) and left it for the day and some nasty coloured fluid came out after I rinsed it and sprayed WD40 into where the vaccum mechanism should get the internals moving, but I can still blow through it.

I'll try heating and cooling to see if that works and report back, but any other suggestions while I do that are welcome.
>>
>>17847564

Toyota don't sell the factory one and I'm trying to avoid the obnoxiously loud HKS stuff.
>>
File: 57474.jpg (207KB, 1113x835px) Image search: [Google]
57474.jpg
207KB, 1113x835px
>>17847588
My mistake, I somehow forgot mid-sentece that it was stuck open

Stupid question; have you tried twisting the "top" to see if it comes off?

Like, locking whats marked in blue in a vice, then twisting on the red parts like you would anything else you're trying to unscrew
>>
>>17847627
and another question; for what engine & car is the valve for?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>17847627
>>17847629

So I tried with the heat gun and some cold water a few times but it didn't do much.

I'll give twisting it a try but I'm not sure it will work, the lid is held on by this lip that goes all the way around, you can see in this photo.

I doubt these were manufactured in a way that makes it impossible to open them, so I'll try twisting and see where it gets me

This is for a 92 Supra with a 7M GTE
>>
>>17847678

I don't have a vice so I tried leaning one side on the bench and hitting the nipple with a rubber mallet, but this didn't achieve anything other than bending the nipple slightly.

Since, I've just been spraying WD40 and water directly into the nipple and shaking it out, I can see small black chunks of shit build up falling out from the nipple.
>>
File: 1444676238056.png (10KB, 405x344px) Image search: [Google]
1444676238056.png
10KB, 405x344px
>>17847678
Ah shit, its probably cold-pressed on and then the lip is bent over

I'm really running out of options here. I tried looking around for new ones/replacement ones online, but could not find anything

The last tip I'll give; get a pot you don't really like, fill it so you can subermege the valve + another inch. Then you add half a cup of citric acid, mix it in (remove the valve first) and then put the valve in before turning on the heating element and boiling the water. Let it boil for a few hours, but remember to re-add water and acid so that it doesn't dry out
>>
>>17847912

Yeah it's a bit of a pain in the ass.

I will try squirting some oven cleaner into the nipple and leaving it overnight, I filled it up with WD40 earlier and gave it a shake and small chunks of black stuff came out so maybe an actual pool of cleaner instead of a spray over will remove the caked on grime.

Thanks for the help though.
>>
>>17848074
https://www.autopartone.com/products/89-90-91-92-toyota-supra-oem-turbo-air-bypass-valve-bov-abv?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=36048204104&gclid=CjwKCAjwos7NBRAWEiwAypNCe9zpA9cJG0_mGwCG8QgCGTet4sl48RRyc4C5ADdmSNnMWrthl61kOxoCTAEQAvD_BwE

Ok it's a bit expensive and I have no experience with this website but maybe this is good?
>>
File: 4642642642.jpg (20KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
4642642642.jpg
20KB, 271x400px
>>17848267
Shit, Google Wizard has arrived

How did you find that?
>>
>>17848291
Idk but I'm the same guy who helped an MR2 bro with Rock Auto a week ago. Maybe this is my speshul power.
>>
>>17848267
found one on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/89-90-91-92-Toyota-Supra-OEM-Turbo-Air-Bypass-Valve-BOV-ABV-/201926790720?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
>>
>>17848382
Good find! Gotta go cheaper!
>>
>>17848398
Why not just look on a forum? I've always been able to find stuff cheaper on RX7Club, for example, as opposed to eBay or other sites (and no, I'm not suggesting trying to find a MK3 Supra blow off valve on an RX-7 forum).
>>
>>17847767
That won't twist open. You could carefully try to uncrimp the lid with a small pair of pliers. Just work your way around and bend the lip straight.

Make sure to catch all the springs that will inevitably fly out and note their installed position. Clean the innards, reassemble and carefully squeeze the lid crimp back on.
>>
>>17848347
Thanks for the Rock Auto heads-up. I've heard of it before but never bothered to check it out. They have stuff that you can't buy on some manufacturer specific sites.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.