[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello anons, im thinking about buying the Caterham 620r. I already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Caterham-620-1_0.jpg (1MB, 1600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Caterham-620-1_0.jpg
1MB, 1600x1060px
Hello anons, im thinking about buying the Caterham 620r. I already have a daily driver and i have some money i want to spend on a track/ weekend car. I chose the 620 because i want speed and good handling without having to shell out the money for a McLaren or a ferrari. Is there anything i should know? I dont mind the no roof thing, thats okay. I mean anything that they dont mention that i should know about.

I doubt any of you busriders have one so before you tell me to change my mind give me a good reason.
>>
Don't hit any other cars or you'll die
>>
>>17846851
Thanks, ill remember that
>>
>>17846843
Why not the atom?
>>
>>17846864
I just love the sound of the engine in the caterham. It makes me cum super hard.

Atom is a good choice though...
>>
Isn't that the one with the sequential racing gearbox? They're supposed to be pretty shitty on the road but great on track. A regular manual would be better if you're going to use it as a weekend car too.
>>
How much is a 620r? If I had the money I'd buy a BAC Mono, holy shit is that thing sexy.
>>
>>17846912
>Isn't that the one with the sequential racing gearbox? They're supposed to be pretty shitty on the road but great on track. A regular manual would be better if you're going to use it as a weekend car too.
Sequential transmissions are lovely.
They are wonderful to daily drive.
All the internet journalist memes about them are completely wrong.
The lighter the car, the easier and more fun a sequential is to drive.
Once you drive a sequential, you will forever hate regular synchromesh manuals for how slow and awful they shift... Even the wonderful boxes in the S2000 and the Miata will feel *almost* disappointing...
>>17846843
>Is there anything i should know?
Yeah, plenty. Since you're comparing it to supercars, it's funny a benchracer like you has the balls to call us busriders. The experience of driving a Caterham/Locost/Lotus 7 is not at all like driving a car.
Go race Karts for a while, get used to tossing around the light weight and wrestling *hard* with a steering wheel that's fighting you *hard* all the time. The road feedback is incredible, but you need to fucking manhandle the things... It is constantly trying to snatch that tiny wheel out of your grip. Karts are the closest comparable analog, but the Caterham is a much more raw experience.
That, and it's NOTHING like sitting in a regular car. You are wearing the thing. It's fucking tiny. You are inches from the road that's screaming by at what feels like a million miles an hour. Ask me how I know.
Also, it's a stick axle, which you will notice. the rear gets lively very quickly.
Anyway, it's funny to watch car folks try to get in one and drive it fast. You remember that Ricky Bobby scene where he screams "I'm goin' fast!" and he's putting around the track at like 5 mph? That's what it looks like. It's usually the first car that teaches people they have no idea how to drive fast, and it's too much car for them.
Buy it, benchracer. Fucking buy it.
>>
>>17847043
>Sequential transmissions are lovely.
>They are wonderful to daily drive.
>All the internet journalist memes about them are completely wrong.
You're confusing a race sequential with a dual clutch gearbox. They're not the same thing.
>>
>>17847077
I am abso-fuckin'-lutely not. I am talking about a normal, 3-pedal, push-pull, dog-engagement sequential racing gearbox like a Quaife or a Holinger.
I'm insulted.
>>
>>17846843
Better yet, buy one and take you new toy to a track... Then watch people in slow-ass Spec Racer Fords and Formula Vee cars walk all the fuck over you because they learned right in cars they can handle.
watched a guy do just that two weeks ago at HPR with an LS-powered Locost. (Homebuilt Caterham/Lotus 7 knockoff)... he put it in the dirt on the first lap. The dust cloud was visible over a mile away at the starting flag stand.
It's always funny to watch Spec Miatas walk all over much faster cars at open lapping days (even at a fast course like HPR) because the drivers, even doing their best, just can't fucking handle the power they bought.. Or the weight, usually... But you're gonna have the opposite problem on weight.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.