[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is happening, when I push the brake pedal my lights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

What the hell is happening, when I push the brake pedal my lights turn on? Key not even in ignition.
>>
The headlights and dash lights that is. I just changed some burn out light bulbs.
>>
probably just some crossover in your wires in the loom.

check to see if you can find the culprit spot where the insulation has been worn through and then fix it. Because you say braking and headlights/dash, id assume its somewhere between the brake pedal switch and the dash

good luck trying to find it though could take you some significant time...
>>
>>17846691
Thanks for that. I also just noticed that if I keep the brake pedal pressed when I turn off the ignition the engine keeps running, until I let go of the pedal.
>>
>>17846813
Some wire is fucked, it's shorting somewhere, or maybe some ground. I had a loose ground and my whole dash stayed lit even after getting the keys out.
>>
patrician ride
>>
Brake light bulbs are fitted wrong. Either it's got a single filament bulb fitted when a dual should be used or vice versa.
>>
>>17847640
Probably this - same thing has happened to me in an og900...
>>
On my old car if I press the brake too hard it stalls or into 'crawl mode' or whatever and limits the power so much that I have to switch the engine off and on again to reset it. I'm so used to using engine break that I rarely use my foot break now lel
>>
>>17846671
I thought this was normal?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.