[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>25 years old without a license >take handful of driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: driving-lesson-810[1].jpg (43KB, 810x423px) Image search: [Google]
driving-lesson-810[1].jpg
43KB, 810x423px
>25 years old without a license
>take handful of driving lessons, instructor says i drive really well, even do some freeway stuff
>no way to practice outside of lessons because have no one to work with me (also big reason why ive gotten to this age without a license, parents wouldnt help, no friends/family to practice with)
>can't practice things like parallel parking, parking in a space, etc and scared i'm gonna fail test

even though ive heard the test is so easy here in america, i feel like a danger on the road not knowing how to do those basics like parking. did anyone on here have these problems and overcame them?
>>
Of course no one overcame any of those problems on /o/, there's a reason why this cancerous board is filled with Bench racing busriders
>>
>>17844916
bullshit everyone here has cars they arent bus riders
>>
>>17844907
im surprised instructors have never had you parallel park.

in general, its stuff that gets easier with experience.

I did my driving lessons, and practiced at home with dad, but only on empty roads in a local park.

Once I got my own car, I drove it only locally at first, because I never did any highway instruction, and I was scared of merging in and out.

>"w-what if there's traffic?"

once i got familiarized with local travel, I just up and drove onto the highway one day. i had to get to work, and i wasnt gonna take the bus if I have a car, so i just did it. And again, after a while it gets easier as you get used to it.

as for Parallel parking, nobody likes it. It's one of those things that, if you can help it, you avoid, especially if it's a single spot between two cars.

you just have to do it eventually though.

just remember what you were taught and you should be fine.

if you fail, just reapply. no harm no foul, not everyone gets it in one go
>>
File: doubt.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>17844941
>>
>>17844990
i did a bit of parallel parking, but i think the driving school just focuses more on what's actually on the test, and parking typically isnt. whats on the test more is just basic city driving with some backing up against the curb which my instructor taught is basically to use your side mirrors to get closer/further from the curb and turn around to not kill anyone

the biggest thing for me like i said has been just not having anyone to practice with outside of lessons and being terrified that, while getting a license is easy enough, not knowing how to do basic things when im actually out on the road alone because i havent had a lot of practice with them and getting into accidents/stuck, not to mention the embarrassment of being this age and not having a license
>>
File: ForzaHorizonpic4.jpg (114KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ForzaHorizonpic4.jpg
114KB, 640x360px
What kind of absolutely fucking shit parents do you have that didn't make you learn how to drive??
And if you have a dad what kind of shit excuse for a father do you have that wouldn't want to bond with and teach his son how to drive and basic mechanics and racing?? Jeezus christ OP half the fun of being a dad is teaching your boy how to be a man and bonding over fun things, Idk how yours never wanted to..

Jeezus christ Gen X parents are the fucking worst.
>Hank hill and Tim Allen are disgusted with your father OP..

My mom and I would go out driving and she'd help teach me, and I was excited to learn, and she helped enroll me in my HS drivers ed program back when I was 15, I'm the same age as you OP, how did you or anyone else never want to teach you how to drive???

I never understood how ppl my age don't have a driver's licence and a shitbox..
>>
>>17844907
>17yo
>no car
>father was a cunt and wouldn't teach me in his piece of shit
>pay for 7 lessons to learn how to pass the test
>do driving test in driving teachers car
>pass
>buy vehicle with bullbar
>actually learn how to drive
That's how I did it, m8.
>>
>>17844907
Reverse/paralellel parking is really easy if you get blind spot mirrors. As long as you can see where your rear tires, you won't hit anything and you can just readjust as needed. It's front parking I get nervous about because of the blind front passenger tire but that's something you get a feel of as well eventually.
>>
>american driving exam
>fail
pick one
>>
I've always been curious about americans and their worry about doing highway driving, highway driving has got to be some of the easiest driving out there?
>>
>>17845927
i'm scared because of merging with cars in front of me not going as fast as they should be
>>
File: 084.jpg (67KB, 600x1250px) Image search: [Google]
084.jpg
67KB, 600x1250px
>>17844907
Make the lessons more consistent.
I saved up and drove once a week with an instructor for a little over half a year. The longer you take to practice, drill good habits, get professional tips and learn how to scan the road ahead for obstacles and hazards, the more confident you will be with the test.

There's no race to get a license OP, you're not a teenager trying to impress some bitch before you graduate.
>>
>>17846161
I'll add that this instructor was a guy who taught other instructors in the UK.
Basically he did competency lessons, then took me through a defensive driving course and showed me how to maintain a car.
>My dad failed me so hard there
>>
>>17845824
My high school didn't have a drivers ed program

Mom always terrified of me behind the wheel even in my 20s

Father, eh we have always had a pretty shit relationship and he never really bothered wanting to teach me

>>17846161
>There's no race to get a license OP, you're not a teenager trying to impress some bitch before you graduate
Dude I'm 25 it's not about impressing someone this is pathetic. Instructor said I'm really good and could easily pass the test but what's holding me back is the inability to practice outside of lessons so while I may pass the test easily, once I get on the road alone I won't have anywhere near the practice necessary to succeed
>>
>>17845939
Always say that you didn't feel safe doing the correct thing because of external factors such as the slow driver in front of you.
The tester will make you re-do it and cannot mark you down.
>>
I was fortunate that my dad was fairly passionate about driving, However, I had to move away to University before actually taking a test, and the amount of time I had to drive was very limited. I think I ended up having a small 3 lesson course the summer I took the test and was fine. As far as being a danger, everyone on the road is a danger, read up on laws and road etiquette and you'll be fine (probably more prepared than the avg. American). I remember being scared shitless the first few months anytime I went anywhere due to the lack of experience, however it will quickly pass, and don't be afraid to get honked at or yelled at by other drivers, it happens to everyone at one point or another. As far as parallel parking goes, it's not going to make or break your test (from what I remember) and can be easily learned once you have the time and ability to drive on your own, so don't worry about it, worry about the basics and you'll pass.
>>
File: 1478444441718 cropped.jpg (347KB, 926x964px) Image search: [Google]
1478444441718 cropped.jpg
347KB, 926x964px
My test didn't include parallel parking, still don't know how to do it.
>>
>>17844907
My mother got her licence on the first try with 20 hours of driving lessons. The inspector was a bitchy old hag that tried to nitpick though.
If you can't even do as well as my mom then [spoiler]you can join me in the "third attempt is the right one" club [/spoiler]. Just be confident and wary.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.