[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Didn't Chrysler sell a shitload of K-platform cars? Its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: dodge-aries-11.jpg (4MB, 3183x1656px) Image search: [Google]
dodge-aries-11.jpg
4MB, 3183x1656px
Didn't Chrysler sell a shitload of K-platform cars? Its what Iacocca created to save them right? Why are they so hard to find on Craigslist? I want to buy one just to use as delivery driver. Thoughts on these /o/?
>>
>>17844837
I wouldn't be surprised if the cash 4 clunkers program claimed most of those
>>
They all rotted into the ground decades ago or were scrapped/crushed.
>>
>>17844846
I didn't think cash 4 clunkers was very successful? I'm not too knowledgeable on them.
>>
File: ddny2.jpg (694KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
ddny2.jpg
694KB, 2048x1152px
>>17844837
because pentastars are bullet proof so no one wants to sell theirs. dynasty/imperial/new yorker have a great 3.3l v6.

>>17844846
>>17844848
rarely american cars are scrapped that's what happens to nippon cookie cutter trash.
>>
>>17844837
80's Chrysler products are mostly just piles of rust now
>>
>>17844922

>white trash
>35 year old Chrysler
>defends them both
>>
>>17844922
>rarely american cars are scrapped
Come to the Northeast some time. Rust and road salt don't care where your car is from, only where it's going- which is the scrapyard. All the K-cars are long gone up here and all the Chrysler minivans up to the third generation have all but disappeared as well.
>>
They were disposable cars from the start. Many suffered the fate of being handed down to the next generation as a first car till they stopped working. Others probably get traded in and scrapped at dealers because they don't sell at auctions.
>>
File: 1423109368672.jpg (69KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
1423109368672.jpg
69KB, 800x532px
>>17845214
This. Live in Connecticut and have been trying to find a decent Shadow Turbo for ages.
>>
>>17845245
i bet you like japanese cars which were always disposable econoboxes unlike americas. american cars always appreciate in value over time. also subarus and shit are handed down haven't you seen their entire advertising campaign. everything you said was a projection of your own.
>>
>>17845214
okay but cars designed in detroit michigan etc fair better than cars designed on mystical nippon island. which do you think had snow and salt in mind?
>>
>>17844837
>i want to deliver pizza in a 30 y/o american car
don't do this
>>
>>17844837
They were sold as cheap disposable cars that few people bothered maintaining well or preserving. 30 years old is pretty damn old for just about any car, let alone one that has largely been driven and neglected.

Therefore simple attrition, cheap build quality and a general lack of interest have taken the vast majority off the road.
The minivans seem to be lasting a little longer, interestingly.
>>
When I was younger...my family had a tan on tan Aries K from the first batch - was pretty reliable, comfortable, roomy for the time.

It lasted a LONG time, but was sold to a buy here-pay here place that would buy cars even if you didn't buy from them so my parents could get a mini-van...also a Chrysler (well...dodge...)

Most are just past their useful life by about 15-20'years. They weren't built all that great and did have rust problems. If you did find one that had a maintained engine, you'd need new rubber everywhere, new front axles (a big problem on these cars...) and probably a new transmission (the other common problem with age...)

They're out there to buy, but be ready to work on it.
>>
>>17845314
honestly this,my mom fell for the toyota meme and bought a 2011 camry after her fucking ancient perfect running cavalier got tee-boned, with in 1 year the camry shitted it's transaxle which was luckily under warranty and now it has rust already forming all over it
>>
>>17845314
Neither of them. If you want a car designed with snow in mind, buy Swedish.
>>
>>17846559

...or French (who knew?), or some old Audi.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.