[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My car got totaled and the insurance agency is offering me $5200.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMGP5531_crop.jpg (3MB, 2248x1341px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP5531_crop.jpg
3MB, 2248x1341px
My car got totaled and the insurance agency is offering me $5200. I have receipts for $3600 worth of parts but they say they can't accept them since they're older than a year "as this would not increase the value of the car."

Are they trying to counter-jew me? Should I just take the money?

Pic related
>>
$3600 worth of what parts? Tuning? Nobody gives a flying fuck about tuning unless you get an independent assessor to confirm a certain value to you which usually only is worth it for theft insurance on high value custom cars. As I said nobody cares about your boyracer parts.
>>
>>17843382
Almost entirely boyracer parts. I don't see how they don't add some value, though, since that was money lost along with the car. It's not like a short shifter or bracing goes bad just because they're a few year years old.
>>
>>17843369
>Should I just take the money?
Implying you'd actually try to contest it in any way and actually win. Insurance companies are a business, and this is how they make money.
>>
>>17843428
That's the risk you run when you daily your boiracer mobile anon

They will only replace what was stock on the car

However next time if you tell them what parts you have they will:
Increase your rates but also cover the parts
Threaten to take you off their coverage as they don't want Boi racers fucking up their stats
>>
After you take the money you can buy the car back for a small amount of money (probably $500-600), then part it out
>>
>>17843514
This is the other guy's insurance. I didn't total it.
>>
>>17843518
This is the correct process. You buy your old cat back, but a compatible one preferably with a problem your parts will fix and transfer them over with a whole bunch of spares to compensate you for your labor. If you thought you were going to move to a different platform, prepare to suck it up.
>>
>>17843657
>I didn't total it.
Then take the check and part out the wreck.
>>
>>17843657
Then don't settle untill you are happy with their offer
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.