[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/, burger here. What do you guys think of the Focus ST? So

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: g38kmwzysgh1ct6rb2hz.jpg (274KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
g38kmwzysgh1ct6rb2hz.jpg
274KB, 1600x1067px
/o/, burger here. What do you guys think of the Focus ST?

So recently I've had an itch for swapping in my truck for a more fun, manual car. I was initially looking at either something like a Mustang/Camaro or a Golf. The Golf would be expensive to buy upfront and the pony cars would be expensive to run (gas).

I've recently bumped into the Focus ST, what is the general consensus on this? I am a frequent lurker on here but never see it discussed. Looking at reviews, everyone in publications seem to rave about it. It is small, manual-only, and decently powerful for its size and considering its size, it seems extremely practical.
>>
The fiesta and fpcus st are liked a lot by journalists, the biggest long term complaint I've seen is the brake vectoring eating pads.
>>
>>17841431

Really, just excessive pad wear? I have no problem replacing pads myself on my cars, so the occasional $80 to replace pads, I feel, would be well worth it for a car that is actually kind of fun.
>>
Very popular on this board because they are poor and its cheap. Get a BRZ instead much better sports car
>>
>>17841538
Brz with pp is best twin package so far. Only downside is tires still
>>
File: IMG_0477.jpg (738KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0477.jpg
738KB, 2400x1600px
>>17841426
I like the Fiesta ST more, but the Focus is fine too.
>>
>>17841426
They are discussed all the time
>>
>>17841426
just get a mustang gt. if you can't afford a little extra gas you can't afford any of these cars.
>>
>>17841643

A *little* more gas turns into doubling my gas bill over time. That adds up; plus, for the price, if I want to get a Mustang GT I have to get a mid-00s/late-00s model, which I think are visually attractive no doubt, but I would be relegated to finding one with approx. 100k miles. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of getting a 100k mile car and being autistic over it for a couple of months while I make sure all the maintenance items are done properly.

Besides, I find myself favoring something that can handle well and has a little pep, as opposed to something that is fast in a straight line, but can't take turns super well.

>>17841538
>>17841561

The BRZ is almost 10k more; I did give it some thought, but I personally don't like the BRZ very much.

>>17841638

I've never seen it, I'm on here a lot as well.
>>
>>17841538
Why did you attempt destroy this thread like that? OP is clearly in the market for a hatch.
>>
>>17841643
a *little* extra gas

everyone on this board is poor, they either don't have money or don't understand the concept of budgeting
>>
File: _20170519_074724.jpg (3MB, 2432x3558px) Image search: [Google]
_20170519_074724.jpg
3MB, 2432x3558px
FoST owner here, it's a good car, but it eats pads, has crazy brake dust with stock pads, and the interior is lacking.
That said it's a fun car that's easy to drive at it's limits.
>>
>>17842041

OP here, thanks for replying.

>Eats pads

How bad would you say? As I mentioned here - >>17841485 I really don't have any issue occasionally replacing them myself; its a simple job.

> Interior is lacking

How so? If I had to guess, overall interior quality? My wife has a 2014 Ford Fusion and the interior is honestly one of the worst put together I've ever experienced. It *looks* nice, but by god it does not hold up.

Being a ford of the same era, I'm already mentally preparing myself for that possibility that a Focus I get will have an equally shitty interior. From what I've seen, thus far, it has all the functionality I could want though.
>>
File: 20170908_133723.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170908_133723.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>17842055
>pad life
Haven't had to replace mine yet, but it's a somewhat common complaint on the forums for those that drive hard

>interior
Pic related. It's good enough for me though.
>>
>>17841426

Was looking at these for a while but the local Ford dealership really pissed me off and I'm looking at Golfs now. I'm involved in the TDI emissions buyback and am pretty sure I'll stick with VW after many happy years with them. Can't get any dealers to drop details on when the 2018s might come out though. One dealer is undercutting the others by almost $1,000 on the Golf Wolfsburg and they are acting all amazed about it. First time shopping for a new car has taught me a lot.
>>
I was gonna get the ST but I got the RS instead because I recently came into money and decided to splurge for the first time in my life.

If the ST is as fun as the RS, get it.
>>
>>17843988

OP here; just to add, I would LOVE to get an RS, but its MSRP is considerably more than the ST; plus there is such strong demand for the RS that dealer markups are insane. However, if the ST is at least partly as fun as I've heard from the RS, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

>>17843957

As I mentioned in my first post; the Golf was (and still kind of is) a top runner of mine; but where I live they're considerably more expensive than the Focus ST. Funnily enough, my step dad has a Jetta TDI that was involved in the scandal that is a manual that I enjoy driving when I visit him, the VW infotainment system is absolute crap, but they've got really good gearboxes.
>>
>>17841575
I wish the sold the 2 door in burgerland
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.