[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on buying a 10 year old motorcycle with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 01616_EAYTkXlgn4_600x450.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
01616_EAYTkXlgn4_600x450.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
What are your thoughts on buying a 10 year old motorcycle with 3,000 miles on it? Is this a bad idea? Are there certain issues to look out for?
>>
it depends on the price obviously.

I used to own a honda shadow 1100 93.
Take a look at the fork - look for oil on it.
Check if the battery gets out of power very fast.
check for the basics (breaks/all lights/ tires etc)

On a cruiser you will be able to repair most things easily yourself.
If you like the bike and the price is alright go ahead.
Oh and check if the choke is working - definetely insist on a COLD start - if the bike is at temp when you arrive something might be wrong with the bike when it's cold and the owner knows that (i used to do that all the time when selling bikes)

check every part if it is tight. go to the rear fender - put 1 hand on each side - shake it - do this for all parts that are bolted

check for anything that is customized and ask for the original parts.

Tire condition will also tell you a lot of the previous owner - also check the footrests - maybe the bike was on the side once - if the footpegs are new there might have been a small crash on the bike.

check the approval certificate for the bikes power - every (old) bike i bought so far had 24kw according to this letter - not really important but good to know if you live in a country that has the A2 driving license - you could get a shadow 1100 with that license cause the letter says 24kw lmao

also check the seat bench like you checked the fenders - it could be loose.

Check for dirt on places that arent impossible to reach but rather hard - if they are clean the previous owner might have cleaned the bike regulary and not just for your visit.

Finally check if the bike runs smoothly on its own and have a ride to check the feeling you get.

Hope you enjoy your bike
>>
>>17840153
>>17838306
>>
>>17840585
Damn that's a perfect response. Yeah the bike pictured in OP cost $3,000.
>>
>>17840153
it really only depends on how much you're paying

people buy 70's-80's shitbikes with like 40k on them all the time and they usually run just fine with a weekend or two of work
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.