[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /o/ ,never been here but since I just bought a VW Golf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: i1_w1500.jpg (725KB, 1500x938px)
i1_w1500.jpg
725KB, 1500x938px
hello /o/ ,never been here but since I just bought a VW Golf mk7 I had some security concerns.
Is it possible to start the engine(button) without having the key near the car, that means anyone can just break the glass get in and steal it ? If so , is there anything I could do to prevent such cases/increase security ?
>>
>>17830381
>Is it possible to start the engine(button) without having the key near the car, that means anyone can just break the glass get in and steal it ?

No, only septics make cars that badly.
>>
>>17830381
No, the car won't start unless you take the key inside the cabin. Phones jam the signal btw. My car alarm has gone off many times for trying to start the car with my keys near my phone. Separate pockets at all times. If you turn the car on and walk away a certain distance (15ish meters) for a certain amount of time with the keys in your pocket the car turns off.

Additionally, you don't have to worry about the key running out of battery, if you hold the key up to the button (at least in my wrx) it recognises the key signature and lets you push to start it anyway.
>>
>>17830386
>>17830410
Thanks anons.
>>
>>17830381
>security concerns
Your main concerns are broken windows, interior defilement, and missing wheels.
>>
>>17830410
>Phones jam the signal btw.

Ever have the car lose track of the key signal while you are driving and shut down?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.