[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he doesn't back into the spot every time he parks Explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 301
Thread images: 44

>he doesn't back into the spot every time he parks

Explain yourself.

The only excuse is angled parking lots
>>
frontlets are cancer. Sometimes i pull in front first if im driving the van and need to unload it but thats it.
>>
Pretty much ever parking spot is directional these days. Just like manually driven cars, 'backing in to a spot' is a lost art, and only meant for pick up trucks with shit to unload. AKA poor blue collar people.
>>
>>17825323
It's easier to reverse out of a spot than into a spot tbhfam
>>
>>17825369
>Pretty much ever parking spot is directional these days
Where? I've yet to see a supermarket lot with angled parking, assuming that's what you meant by directional.
>>
>>17825323
I do it depending on if I'm more interesting in getting there or getting away, I always reverse into the spots at work but normally park forwards when at my GFs apartment.
>>
>>17825375
It's easier to get slammed reversing out of a spot than it is pulling out
>>
>>17825390
Your mom should have pulled out
>>
Failing to back into a spot is a sure indicator that you can't drive. It's less than a second slower if you know how to drive, looks better, and is safer and faster for leaving. Not to mention most modern cars have backup cameras. If you pull into parking spots you're either a woman, an asian, old, or a combination.
>>
>>17825323
because i can get into a spot just fine without backing into it?
>>
Oddly enough I cant get into a stop going in nose first. One of the first times I did it was in a narrow as fuck spot and the car next to me was some jacked up shitbox 4runner with mudders. I rubbed a bit on the tire. Ever since then I have backed in....am I broken /o/?
>>
>>17825323
>backing up into a spot
>not just driving through a space into another so your front faces outward
>>
Its harder to get stuff out of the back if backed into a spot.
>>
>>17825375
What car do you drive where this is the case?
>>
>>17825380
Wal-Mart, Kroger, Gas Station pumps, Malls of America, McDonalds. Are you not American?
>>
>>17825443

What do you do on busy days where there are no pull-throughs?
>>
My car has a shit turning circle so its almost always easier to reverse in
>>
>>17825435
Same here. Unless the lane is extremely wide and I can be far out enough to get a nearly straight run at the spot I can't do it. It'd help if my shortest vehicle wasn't 17 and a half feet long I think
>>
File: 1501814467740.jpg (305KB, 918x610px) Image search: [Google]
1501814467740.jpg
305KB, 918x610px
alot of the parking spaces in my city and college are labled as "head-out" only because of people hosting car meets and things like that. No wonder there are so many accidents at the local community college parking lot
>>
>>17825390
Yeah but then I get insurance money whereas if I slam into someone while pulling forward out because I'm in such a fucking hurry to gtfo then I'm at fault.
>>
>>17825964
Genius jew. I do the same lol.
>>
>>17825323
God I just love running my key up the side of any car I see that is parked like that.
>>
>>17825323
Access to the boot without scraping the trolley along other cars.

Angled spaces are inefficient.
>>
File: 1358925935691.png (17KB, 208x212px) Image search: [Google]
1358925935691.png
17KB, 208x212px
>>17825323
Wait. Are you not supposed to back into angled parking lots?

I just moved down south, and angled lots are everywhere. I still back in all of the time though. Sometimes, I'll be the only one that backed in.

Have I been in the wrong?
>>
>>17825323
Easy trunk access
>>
Because your front wheels turn, you're less likely to clip the car next to you when pulling out after parking forward into a spot. This is why some corporate lots even ticket employees who back in.

Backing in is cancer, you're not impressing anyone.
>>
>>17825591
2/3 Walmarts that I've been to in my city have regular parking spots, only one is angled
>>
File: 1502687117582.png (126KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
1502687117582.png
126KB, 800x769px
>>17826003

This is the first time in a long while where I'm not sure if I'm being trolled or if you're actually retarded.

They're one-way streets, bro
>>
>>17826007
>you're less likely to clip the car next to you when pulling out after parking forward into a spot.

This is exactly the opposite

>This is why some corporate lots even ticket employees who back in.

Sauce? Which corporations?
>>
>>17825591
Nigger show me an angled Kroger. I'm at one right now and it's normal.
>>
>>17826019
I have worked for two companies that did that. And it's true, if you pull out forward, you are dragging your rear tires along a different axis and you can clip the car next to you if you turn too quickly.
>>
>>17826007
>t. faggot who is such a lazy piece of shit he can't even spend 10 to 30 seconds parking is car up optimal.
Let me guess, your one of those retards who just swings into a space leaving a grand canyon on your drivers side and no space at all on the other side and then doesn't even bother to straighten up his front wheels.
>>
>>17826034

Which is the same going backwards, it's now just easier to clip your nose, which is easier to do because you're looking backwards when you back out.
>>
>>17826036
>>17826039
Wow, okay, you guys feel way too strongly about this. I've been driving for 13 years and have never even dinged another car, but y'all just jerk each other off b/c you can back into a spot. I'm out.
>>
>>17826060

>Honey, why don't we park there?
>Let's p-p-park somewhere else
>Honey, it's close to the theatre, it's just a back-in only
>I SAID LETS PARK SOMEWHERE ELSE
>>
>>17826060
>Wow, okay, you guys feel way too strongly about this

You literally said "Backing in is cancer"
>>
>>17826012
Ohhhhhh, my bad. I guess only the MAJORITY of parking lots are angled.
>>
>>17826015
he probably got a two-way car
>>
>>17825993
God, I just love stabbing people who park back-end in.

Look, I can say things too!
>>
>>17826211
Bring it on, motherfuckr
>>
I reverse out of spots so people can actually see my fucking break lights
>>
>>17826543
If they don't see A MOVING CAR what makes you think they're going to see a light?

Besides, when pulling out you don't have to put as much of the car out before you can see up and down the lane as when you back out, meaning you can control your own accident chances.
>>
>>17826033
Not that guy, but this is my local one.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.653542,-86.1660549,97m/data=!3m1!1e3
>>
File: 1476535998149.jpg (114KB, 1280x782px) Image search: [Google]
1476535998149.jpg
114KB, 1280x782px
1 km turning radius, tinted windows, no beeper, big ass car which leads to insecurity when parking backwards, so I cram my car forwards into parking spaces even when I have to slightly reverse and correct myself 5 times

how to get gud
>>
>>17826674
Practice

Takes some cones out to an empty parking lot and just practice over and over again of just approaching the slot then backing into it

You can't get better at something you never do:
>>
>>17826674
Is that the car in question? You shouldn't really have that much trouble backing it up.
>>
>>17825993
good shit my dude
>>
>>17825393
втaк йo
>>
>>17825323
i have to load stuff in the back
why would i make the back harder to get to?
>>
>>17827465

Because you're making it easier by having the back end of your car next to the sidewalk?

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
I have hobbies. If I want to put my hockey bag in my trunk after backing in, I have to squeeze between my car and the one next to it and get dirt from their disgusting car all over me just to put the damn thing in the trunk. Sorry that you have no hobbies OP
>>
>>17827530

>Not getting there early enough to get a frontwalk spot

Sorry you're not devoted to your hobbies, anon
>>
>>17827501
op's pic shows no sidewalk
most places that is not an option and the lot is an island similar to >>17826666

so i ask again, why would i back in making it more difficult to load/unload things?
>>
>>17827583

Because you can just NOT park close to other cars?

You realize you have TOTAL control over how close to get to the cars on your left, right, and rear, yeah?
>>
My appt complex has a rule against it. Exhaust fumes mess up the landscaping or some shit. I back in whenever is convenient otherwise
>>
>>17827608
>Global Warming is directional
You're land lord is a retard, you need to jip her out of as much money as you can.
>>
>>17827605
i can either have my ass on the aisle making it super simple to load/unload or i can park in such a way that makes it more difficult to load/unload

not saying it's hard to do that but it makes no sense. there's no advantage.
>>
File: PushmePullyou.jpg (129KB, 490x270px) Image search: [Google]
PushmePullyou.jpg
129KB, 490x270px
>>17827608
>appt complex has a rule against it

Drive pic related and tell manager to get fucked.
>>
File: WUT.jpg (44KB, 450x533px) Image search: [Google]
WUT.jpg
44KB, 450x533px
>>17825591
>Gas Station pumps
Angled parking?

WUT?
>>
>>17825591
>lists a bunch of places only poor people go to
there is almost zero angled parking that i have noticed in and around boston. i have also only been to a walmart once in my life, over a decade ago.
>>
>>17826007
>This is why some corporate lots even ticket employees who back in.
My corporate employer doesn't ticket, but sends a notice to that employee's supervisor. The note also appears on job performance reviews for the purpose of determining layoff rankings.

And yes, my corporate employer is a large one. It's policy is head-in parking. So that's why even if part of the lot is empty, if someone can drive forward into the spot in front of the current spot to be effectively head out, they do not do that.
>>
>>17825323
I put stuff into the trunk. Backing into a spot means moving the cart in between cars. I've seen some other people who back into spots do that. The husband and wife gets back. He pushes the car in between his car and someone elses to get to closer to the trunk. I hear the scratching noise!.!.!.!.!.! He doesn't want to scratch his car so he moved it too close to the other car and it scratched the side of the other car. Head Out Parking caused that. I kept on walking. It didn't look like they left a note. Too bad.
>>
>>17825964
Where do you live that the person pulling out has right of way? I'd like to move there. I bet you could left turn across an intersection whenever you want too.
>>
>>17826067
>back-in only
do those exist anywhere?
>>
>>17828120

Can only speak for Northwestern America, but yes
>>
>>17828093
The US of A baby. Basically the rule of thumb that I was told is that if your front end touches their car, you're at fault. And yes, people backing out do have right of way.
>>
>>17825394
Oddly enough everyone in east Asia backs into parking spots.
>>
>>17826039
Got no dog in this race, but once the car on your right or left has passed your mirrors you can freely turn without clipping your nose unless you drive a literal land yacht
>>
>>17828136
Are you alphonse posting another "bad info" post to confuse people? As for right of way, earlier this year in my city, someone backed out and hit someone in the aisle. The car backing out received a citation from the police.
>>
>>17828137
>Oddly enough everyone in east Asia backs into parking spots.
Same for a lot of cars in Vancouver BC Canada, but that is because of high traffic density. A car trying to back out of a spot often has to wait for traffic to clear. If they can just drive forward out of the spot, they are able to take advantage of smaller gaps in traffic and leave their parking spot.

I always park head-in because my headlamp bezels have a bit of side exposure. I noticed with my older cars that whenever someone hit my fender in the parking lot, it was usually in the area where my headlamps would be if I was head-out. I also have no protroding front bumper due to car style design. The front most elements are chrome followed by expensive hard fascia and then the grille. All of that would be expensive to repair if hit by a car backing up into mine. Also, my rear has a bumper that protrudes out. Thus I have some protection for the bodywork if I park head-in.

Having the trunk facing the aisle also lets me load goods into the trunk easily.

Another reason I prefer head-in is not related to cars or cargo. It is faster to drive into a space and then dash out of the car to the mall or store. That way, no homeless in the parking lot has time to walk close to me and try to talk to me. I am out of the car and gone.
>>
Depends on where I am... If I'm buying shit and need access to my liftgate, I pull in forward so I can easily put my shit in without some fucking mouth breathing glass licker thinking that a 'bumper' means you use it to bump other cars to park (like New Jersey). Otherwise, backing in is good,
>>
Nowadays it's becoming illegal to do that cause of exhaust fumes and inability of cops to see registration and plates (doesn't make sense here in cali as both sides are required)
One of the dumber laws we have
>>
>>17825390

As long as it's not my fault... I wouldn't care, I went from a Zephyr to a Rendezvous... Slow, seat feels like a couch with no leg support, Thermostat is possibly controlled by hitler... only feature I really wanted for winter (heated seat) doesn't work... I wanted more storage space, but I went overboard and got a fucking minivan...
>>
>>17826657
>driving in parking lot
>see break lights on
>"oh that guy is backing out"
Breaks light turn off when you're moving dumbass
>>
>>17828555
Not in most automatics, most you have to ride the brakes a bit to keep the torque converter from getting you going too fast when slowly pulling out of a space.
>>
File: 2w682o6.jpg (116KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
2w682o6.jpg
116KB, 620x349px
>>17825323
>in car line in parking garage
>empty spot
>reverse parker in front
>drives past it a little bit
>what the fuck is this guy doing lmao
>starts to reverse to get into parking spot
>well shit I already pulled up a little bit because how the fuck was I supposed to know he was going to reverse into the spot like a moron
>now I have to reverse to
>so does the guy behind me
>and the guy behind him
>etc
>all so one dude could reverse park like a retard
"Yeah alright sir your autism checks out you're free to go"
>>
>>17828573
Still applies
>o shit that guy has his break lights on
>he's leaving or he just entered either way I will know it two seconds
as apposed to
>minivan moving out of the spot from fucking nowhere
>>
>>17825323
if i'm in a parking lot it's to buy stuff, so i need easy access to the trunk

but usually i park so far away that there are no cars around me so front or back is irrelevant.
>>
>>17828585

>following so close you had to reverse yourself

You sir are the retard
>>
>>17828614
>w-well you're following too close
>in a parking garage
You're supposed to follow close as long as you can see the bottom of their wheels.
>>
>>17828595

A person who pulls out of a spot nose first fast enough to cause an accident would have done the same thing going back too.

or are you telling me you stop at EVERY person with brake lights on in the parking lot?
>>
File: 1502603178950.jpg (5KB, 250x174px) Image search: [Google]
1502603178950.jpg
5KB, 250x174px
>>17828620

>You're supposed to follow close
>>
>>17828621
You're supposed to slow down and see if they have their reverse lights on
>>
>>17828627

Why aren't you travelling slow enough such that any person pulling out isn't enough to cause an accident? Why does it matter front or rear? Just slow down, man.
>>
File: DSC_0043x.jpg (236KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0043x.jpg
236KB, 900x596px
>>17828626
Nigger it's a parking garage

Are you one of those people who leave a massive space open in front of them when you're traveling at 5mph
>>
>>17828633

>You're supposed to follow close

So, now that you've learned your lesson are you still going to follow close? Or are you going to be part of an unnecessary jam once more because m-m-m-muh back-ups
>>
>>17828633

A queue is not an aisle. It's fine to be bumper to bumper in a queue. In an aisle where people are expected to slam on the brakes when they see an open spot, you should not be following closely
>>
>>17825323
Because I didn't pay $200 For a vanity plate to not be vain.
>>
>all these retards who don't know how to drive

You must all be American.
>>
>>17828646

I've never seen a Euro backup into a spot
>>
>>17825591
The only place with angled parking spaces I've seen is chik fill a
>>
>>17828631
Seriously. My apartments has a parking lot that is like a half mile straight away. People take that as an excuse to go 20+. When it's full of blind spots for cars trying to turn into the main aisle.
>>
>>17825456
Any car. Backing into a space means keeping an eye on exactly where you're going in every direction. Backing OUT of a space is just "don't hit anyone behind you."
>>
>>17828692

>Backing up
>Avoid non-moving obstacles

>Backing out
>Pray other motorists are paying attention
>>
>>17828633
>Are you one of those people who leave a massive space open in front of them
If I see someone in their car, I leave a bigger gap. I am hoping they will back out so I can take their spot.
>>
>>17828692
>Backing into a space means keeping an eye on exactly where you're going in every direction.
NO, it means you leave if you feel the bumper has hit the other car.
>>
Do traffic laws apply in parking lots? I always run the stop signs because I assume they are just put up by whomever owns the lot...
>>
>>17825323
When people back into a space, I naturally feel it is a riskier move. I often try to park farther away or even on a higher floor in the parking garage to reduce the number of cars coming and going around me. As long as the parking garage isn't prowled by dindu (some are), I will park farther away.

I was in a parking garage earlier this year (march or april) and a white nissan backing in hit. It's not my business to get involved anymore (long story) so I didn't bother. The lady left of course with no note left behind.
>>
>>17827405
yeah Volvo XC90
>>
>>17825323

This is not even hard anymore since most modern cars come with parking sensors and cameras.
>>
>>17829303
Traffic laws apply to VEHICLES, not to roads you idiot
>>
>>17829303
>I always run the stop signs because I assume they are just put up by whomever owns the lot
In almost all USA states, privately installed traffic signs do not INTRINSICALLY have the same force of law that officially installed signs possess. However, if an accident occurs, they can be used to determine if there was negligence on your part. Ignoring signage is allowed to be part of _deliberate negligence_ on your part. <-- judge's comment on a HOA case where a visitor ignored signage and caused an incident. The homeowner then disclaimed that the visitor was their guest in order to try to "cleverly" avoid being responsible. All that did was throw the visitor under the bus out from the protection of the homeowner. At that point, instead of being a guest, the visitor was turned into a trespasser. That person was then charged with a criminal charge of trespassing. So from a civil case, the visitor (friend of the homeowner) thought they'd be clever to try to exploit a loophole. They failed and a criminal record resulted plus the visitor now had to pay for everything while the homeowner smirked (and presumably lost a friend).
>>
>>17825707
I park in the back so there's always empty spaces.
>>
>>17827840
>only poor people get groceries
>only poor people get gas
>only poor people go places

>only been to a walmart once
that's weird, usually wal-mart is one of the most popular stops for bus riders.
>>
>>17828585
this desu, just fucking park.
>>
>>17825390
backup sensors my dude
>>
>>17830760
Okay, but I'm going to do it backing up, so please don't ride my ass so I can't back up.
>>
>>17828234
The way I understood it, is that if you're backing out, and you hit someone, it's your fault. But, if you're backing out, and you get hit, it's their fault. So basically, get hit on the side of the car when you're backing out, or you're fucked.
>>
>>17830775
>please your driving habits so that I can be autistic in a parking lot

No, nigga just pull in like the other 99% of drivers, or I'm gonna steal that spot when you drive right by it.
>>
>>17830819
Lol, remember this next time you get break checked
>>
>>17830819

You see a person pull close to an empty spot then turn away towards the other land of full spots.

Are you really so retarded that you can't tell he's going to back in?

How long have you been driving for?
>>
>>17828433
>inability of cops to see registration and plates

In a private lot?
>>
i just go at non peak times to the supermarket and drive over a space
>>
>>17825591
>>17825591
>Wal-Mart
lowerclassfag

>Kroger,
lowerclassfag

Malls of America
lowerclassfag

McDonalds
lowerclassfag
(why would you be at a children's restaurant...maybe you have kids?)
>>
File: 147141mfw0wtf1521960.png (209KB, 258x298px) Image search: [Google]
147141mfw0wtf1521960.png
209KB, 258x298px
>>17826003
turn in to the parking spot by turning left from the single-direction lane. Everything is OK.

back into the spot ...now how do you leave the sport and turn left (to go in the correct direction in the single-direction lane)??
>>
>>17831096
>sport
(parking) spot
>>
File: mfw Congration.jpg (100KB, 529x375px) Image search: [Google]
mfw Congration.jpg
100KB, 529x375px
>>17830819
First year driving, eh?
There's still a lot you're going to have to learn, obviously.
>>
>>17831096
probably the same way he got in?
>>
File: 4fc403e2df29565ec73642df3d34aec8.jpg (804KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4fc403e2df29565ec73642df3d34aec8.jpg
804KB, 1600x1200px
>>17827614
If your exhaust is blowing on plants the heat kills them not the fumes
>>
>>17830760
>>17828585
I drive past the space and flash my indicator twice before driving past to reverse in. 90% of people get it and hang back so I can park. The other just have to back up.
See what tailgating achieves?
>>
>>17825375
The thread ended here and you've been huffing each others farts ever since you daft sods.
>>
>>17831414
It's only hard if you've never practice.

But I drive trucks, so maybe I'm biased. I had to learn to back into spots in order to get good parking.
>>
>>17825323
Is that a Quebec plate?
>>
>>17828136

people backing out never have right of way over here... people backing out having right of way is retarded
>>
>>17830849
>dude drives by spot
>i'm already in spot before he puts it in reverse

legally since 2009
>>
>>17828136
>people backing out do have right of way.
Your logic sucks. Lots of people assert they can do all sorts of things on the road, but they will not do this in front of the police. That is proof right there those people are hypocrites. If you cannot do that in front a police officer, then you sincerely didn't feel you could do it legally.
>>
>>17828136
Probably better read the legislature in your area, anon.

For the rest of the civilised world people backing up have no right of way in any circumstances, and are always responsible for anything that happens to them, unless they get swiped by someone losing control and spinning into them.
>>
>>17831789

He's not driving by the spot, he's turning next to it.

If you're able to swing into a spot before some reverses into it, that person was a bad driver anyways who prepared too much runway than was necessary.

Doesn't mean you aren't still a cunt tho
>>
>>17828585
>in car line in parking spot
>retard drives past open spot
>blinks his indicator to tell me to take the spot
>he puts on his reverse lights for some reason
>i'm in the spot locking my doors
>wave at him and thank him for spot as I mosey on about my business
>wonder what that nice autist was thinking giving up prime parking real-estate like that.
>hope he realizes he put his car in reverse instead of drive for some reason
>>
File: LUC10005-30.jpg (200KB, 1599x900px) Image search: [Google]
LUC10005-30.jpg
200KB, 1599x900px
>>17831789
Here's what you're not expecting:

I don't have any passengers or paperu cuppos so I don't give a flying fuck about perfectly smooth driving. I immediately slam on the brakes, jam it into reverse, and fly into the parking spot for the first part of the travel where you don't have to make a whole lot of adjustments.

If you act like a competitive retard, even though my truck is already half-blocking the spot when I start, you will hit me. And I don't give a flying fuck about fault in such a minor incident. We're both inconvenienced, and my vehicle is definitely larger than yours so yours will sustain much more damage. And it's a parking lot so witnesses will say that you darted behind a reversing truck. You will still be at fault since it's not illegal to back in.

Also if you succeed I will park elsewhere, but then put fat gobs of pic related under all your doorhandles.
>>
>>17830819
>pull in like 99% of female drivers and milennials

okay i'll also brake 50ft for gentle corners and accelerate as slowly as possible to conserve fuel
>>
>>17831892
Here's what you're not expecting

1. I will succeed
2. The reversing autist is always at fault
3. My dash cam captured it all
4. I have shaved door handles
>>
>>17831924

>dash cam

You think video of you rushing to steal a spot from someone OBVIOUSLY taking it is going to be in your favor?
>>
>>17831924
1. Not without serious damage to your car. Unless it's a smart or a motorcycle it's not big enough to shoot the gap, and in either of those cases you'll probably be hurt as well. Not so smart just to "BTFO" some "autist".
2. Not here.
3. Your dash cam captured you darting behind a truck with its reverse lights on. Then it's going to show your crumpled car. Settlements don't undo the past.
4. I have other methods. Like fucking valve stems, the cheapest thing to replace when deflating a tire, and using washable paint to write neo-nazi slogans on your passenger side (it's actually kind of hard to get off on the spot so you'll have to drive home or to a self-serve wash with it on).

Why do I have all this in my truck? I'm a hobby mechanic and my cousin had a wedding last week.
>>
>>17831951
>rushing

you honestly think your pigfat beat up slop shift hunk of shit is going to put up any inch of fight as me smoothly coasting into the spot you passed right up, and then maliciously tried to ram into me for your neglect?
>>
File: s.jpg (52KB, 749x718px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
52KB, 749x718px
>not pulling all the way through into the adjacent space
>>
>>17831962
Parking lots in my country are required by law to have those concret stops that prevent this
>>
>>17831851
>i'm in the spot locking my doors
>wave at him and thank him for spot as I mosey on about my business
You come back and your car was keyed.
Problem solved by the person you took the spot from.
>>
>>17831957
>he still thinks he can win because M-MUH TRUKK and M-MUH OWN LAWZ
>>
>>17831960
I think I'm already in motion by the time you're doing so and I don't have the visibility to see you darting behind a vehicle with its reverse lights on :^)

Since this isn't a commonwealth shithole where back in parking is illegal, you lose in court and in life. Have a nice day, mr. crumpledcar.
>>
>>17831982
>you avoid the spot
>i pull into the spot
>you put it in reverse and ram me

okay good game
>>
File: IMG_0759.jpg (44KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0759.jpg
44KB, 612x612px
>>17831985

>tfw this actually happened to me at my apartment complex
>tfw I smashed in the cuck's windshield with a brick that night

So glad that my shitty complex has no cameras
>>
>>17831985
You don't understand. I am in the way of the spot before I start to reverse. Even if I don't move a normal vehicle isn't fitting in there. You would have to be a raging faggot or in a faggot car to even try to take the spot, or the dumbest biker to ever live.
>>
>>17832009
>drive by and away from spot
>blocks it still somehow

this is some amazing truck you've got man
>>
File: 1431648416991.jpg (65KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1431648416991.jpg
65KB, 380x380px
>>17831789
>>17831924
>>17831960
>>17831981
>>17831985

>you share a board with this kind of abject subhuman waste of air

good god
>>
>>17825393
I'm so sorry
>>
>>17832029
It's called a regular truck. The back end sticks out past the back wheels. I can pull up next to a spot and angle it to back in while still blocking the spot somewhat.
>>
Especially if I'm at the store or supply house, I need access to the trunk, and that doesn't mean sneaking through a 3 foot wide space.
>>
>>17831969
What exactly does that achieve?
>>
>>17832229
People driving across lanes like a maniac
>>
>>17832234
Makes sense. I love doing that though, feels great to whizz across an empty car park rather than go the long way round.
>>
File: 20170815_114649_resized.jpg (249KB, 1383x778px) Image search: [Google]
20170815_114649_resized.jpg
249KB, 1383x778px
I feel more "in control" when I reverse in. When I do that I can most often just turn the car as I'm going to the spot and back straight in, and then drive straight out again.

Front in is quick, sure - but when going out I feel like there is a lot more I have to watch out for and a lot more that could happen. It was worse when I didn't have my rear-view camera, as there is a huge spot behind the truck that I cannot see because it sits quite high and the bed top aswell
>>
File: PANIC.png (3MB, 1572x690px) Image search: [Google]
PANIC.png
3MB, 1572x690px
>>17825323
o-ok
>>
It's a pain in the ass to back in if you crane your back around and try to line it up with your eyes. If you stay facing forward and just keep the left line visible in your left mirror and right line in your right mirror, you can park with extreme precision with very little effort.
>>
>>17825591
Show me a state with both a Mall of America and a Kroger, you lying Fuck

t. Minnesotan
>>
>>17834698
How can you stand living in that state?
>>
>>17828633
Disney's parking garage is organized af though.

Like I have been in that garage you wait a grand total of 3 minutes, the whole line is just so they can charge you after that you get immediately directed to an open spot.
>>
>>17826015
Not him but in canuckistan we sometimes have angled spots in parking lots because reasons.
>>
File: 1448413134811.gif (226KB, 330x236px) Image search: [Google]
1448413134811.gif
226KB, 330x236px
>tfw i find it difficult to pull in
>most places tell you to park face out because fire safety
>>
>>17836205
how would parking one way be more safer than the other?
>>
>>17836300
are you retarded
>bomb goes off in walmart

where would you rather be
>in a parkinglot where everyone backs out
or
>in a parkinglot where everyone can just pull out instantly
>>
File: 1501564968248.jpg (180KB, 500x658px) Image search: [Google]
1501564968248.jpg
180KB, 500x658px
>>17836300
>pull in
>emergency
>every tard is trying to back out instead of just pulling into the isles and leaving

its faster to pull out and you have better visibility
>>
>>17831831
I would think if you had witnesses saying someone was going unreasonably fast in a tight parking lot, which is the only reason you'd get in an accident backing out of a spot unless you are actually retarded, you could fight that claim.
>>
>>17836317
>>17836322
>implying people wouldn't be crashing into eachothers trapping everyone anyway
>>
File: 1501339572372.jpg (7KB, 331x152px) Image search: [Google]
1501339572372.jpg
7KB, 331x152px
>>17836354
and it would be wore with panicked tards backing out. thats the point
>>
>>17836362
fair enough
>>
>>17828611
this
>>
>>17825323
I try everywhere I go except when grocery shopping, when I feel like I will embarrassed myself or it would turn into an awkward situation.

>Be in parking garage
>Want to reverse it in
>About to do it when another car comes around the corner
>Pulled up right behind me so I can't reverse
>Wait
>Its some old cunt and she lays down the horn
>Decide to pull in forward in another spot
After that I just park on the top floor and whip it back into the parking spot in reverse now.

or
>Be in parking lot
>Mess up
>Adjust
>Mess up again
>Try again
>Mess up still
>Drive to another store.
>>
>>17837371
Do you have the car in reverse so those behind you would know that you'd like to reverse?
>>
>>17837392
No shit, I was already backing up because I overshoot by a bit and the person just ignored me. This is something that happens a lot to me parking garages.
>>
>brainlets backing into spots because they're too retarded to back out without plowing into somebody

lol
>>
>>17837447
>brainlets backing out spots because they're too retarded to back in without plowing into NON-MOVING VEHICLES

kek
>>
>>17837447
>because they're too retarded to back out without plowing into somebody
people here will accelerate when they see a car backing out. youre the brainlet for wanting less visibility
>>
>>17837525
there is no advantage to backing into spots other than pretending that you're better than everybody else

autist
>>
>>17837543
>waaaah everybody else is retarded except for me so I have to do autistic shit to keep my shitbox intact

get over yourself faggot
>>
>>17837547

>quicker exits
>not an advantage

There's a reason the Army made me "Battle Park" (i.e. Back in) every time we parked any vehicle, from our humvees to our strykers.
>>
>>17837554
>getting this upset at how people park.
You're just as retarded as OP
>>
File: 1436983567044.jpg (40KB, 400x535px) Image search: [Google]
1436983567044.jpg
40KB, 400x535px
>he actually has a reverse gear
>>
>>17837600
This

I pull into every spot and when I leave I push the car in front of me out of the way as I go.
>>
>>17837547
its easier fool

>>17837554
>lmao this guy likes having better visibility. fuck him
K

>>17837600
>too poor for a goldwing
>>
>>17837588
this isn't the army you sperg, I don't have to sprint to my sedan and pull out in .0003 seconds to go blow up some pakistani kids
>>
>>17837612
>muh visibility

are you blind? do you not have a rear window?
>>
File: 1500433556735.png (109KB, 740x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500433556735.png
109KB, 740x640px
>>17837623
>i can see perpendicular to the vehicle using the rear window
K
>>
>>17837628
What are side windows?
>>
>>17837628
>I need to see 3 miles down the road in every direction when I back up in a parking lot

maybe you should go back to drivers ed
>>
>>17837616
Nice attempt, could've been been better with an actual peoples killed by Americans, such as Iraqis or Afganis
>>
>>17837447
This
>>
>>17837665
don't you have some fireworks to be scared of?
>>
File: fotolia_149421_XS.jpg (90KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
fotolia_149421_XS.jpg
90KB, 424x283px
>>17837634
ah yes let me just use x-ray vision th see through the two suvs to see if someone is going to try accelerating past me
you cant control other peoples retardation so do what you can on your end

>>17837641
>all this rage because youre too retarded to back into a spot
maybe you should too because they teach you to back in. you would know if you didnt get your license out of a cereal box
>>
>>17837687
What are the windows on the SUVs?
>>
>>17837687
>people who can't back out of a parking spot in charge of calling other people's driving shit

el oh el
>>
>>17837685
Lol, I ain't Navy
>>
File: glorious nippon.jpg (579KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
glorious nippon.jpg
579KB, 2592x1944px
>>17837687
>Americans
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (32KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
32KB, 1280x720px
>>17837695
covered in reflective tint like every other vehicle here because the sun is hot
you need to have too much of the ass end out to use the rear windows effectively

>>17837703
>people who can't
i know you like projecting your incompetence but i dont do it because it think its stupid. i could go 30 in a parking lot too but i dont because its stupid
just like you
>>
>>17837732
it seems to be a nort american thing. i went to canada and it was rare to see a car facing out
ive never even heard anyone question backing in before. its just standard practice
>>
>>17837734
Get your eyes checked then, I'm in Texas and most cars are tinted here too. You can still kinda see through them, at least enough to see the motion of a car coming.
>>
>>17837734
>I think it's stupid

so you admit you're just autistic and pretending to be better than everybody else because it's all you have
>>
>>17837745

I live in Toronto and see faced out cars all the time.

Which part of Canada?
>>
To me people who always back out are like people who change lanes with no blindspot check.

Sure, if there's someone in the way or coming up, they can just stop, but why put your trust in another driver of unknown quality?
>>
>>17837827
>reverse out a few inches
>anybody who isn't actively having a seizure/stroke behind the wheel stops to let you go or goes around
>back out all the way

are you actually autistic?
>>
>>17837850

I've seen a woman accelerate into a brick wall because she was texting.

Let's not pretend this doesn't happen.
>>
>>17837763
probably but i wouldnt know because i back in and the front windows on my car arent tinted. idk how dark tint+dark tint works out

>>17837774
>pretending to be better than everybody else
no because everyone does it. generally only bad drivers pull in and theyre never properly positioned because its much more difficult to place a vehicle steering from the front. its the same reason forklifts have rear wheel steering

>>17837817
oddly enough Toronto specifically around whitby. most cars were face in. i remember a qt NB that was face out though
>>
>>17837861
she's going to plow into you regardless what direction you're facing
>>
>>17837850
>anybody who isn't actively having a seizure/stroke behind the wheel stops to let you go or goes around
except they accelerate past you because fuck waiting a few seconds, i have traffic to sit in!
>>
>>17837879
>everyone does it

except they don't
>>
>>17837884
If you're facing out, you put less of your car in the crossfire, giving you a better chance of either honking your horn and alerting the driver or not being hit at all because you've stopped before too much of your car was in the lane because you've seen this idiot coming.

Sure, there's always a chance you'll still get plowed, but it's a lesser chance if you face out.
>>
>>17837887

>except I don't

FTFY
>>
>>17837887
>cant accept that people do things differently
K

http://www.automotive-fleet.com/channel/safety-accident-management/news/story/2015/12/aaa-warns-against-pull-forward-parking.aspx
>>
>>17826007
>>17837900
>>
File: rero.gif (472KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
rero.gif
472KB, 400x224px
>all parking lots with more than 12 spaces have double-lanes
>there's usually two empty spots aligned somewhere in there
>pull forward into one and cross the line into the next one so you can exit forward also
Bunch of fucking retards.
>>
>>17837909
>American Organization
>Giving out retarded advice

You don't say?
>>
>>17837909
>says I can't accept that people do things differently while not accepting that people do things differently

pottery
>>
File: 1501975893408.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501975893408.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>17837917
>its retarded because i disagree
K

>>17837920
i dont care what you do m8 im just saying why i do it. i havent told you to do differently even though i think its stupid. i dont fuck dudes and i can argue why but if you want to thats cool with me. just dont touch my car
>>
>>17825323
I do always back in though.
>>
>>17837936
>it's retarded because I disagree

this is literally what you are saying
>>
>Person backing out doesn't have right of way

I cannot fucking understand this.

The person in the lane can see the person backing out before the person backing out can see the person in the lane. Why the fuck shouldn't the person in lane yield to the person they can see?
>>
File: IMG_0920.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0920.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
check out this neat picture I just took
>>
>>17838106
>bmwfag ruins it
of course
>>
>>17838128
he wasn't even in the lines to boot
>>
>>17826153
i giggled

nice
>>
>>17838056
find one source stating that its not better. i already gave you one that stated it is
>>
>>17838168
here's a link from the same site saying that people should honk their horn several times before they pull out of their parking space
these people are obviously retarded

http://m.automotive-fleet.com/article/252993/park-with-extreme-caution
>>
>>17838081
Because why the fuck did you park lik a retard to begin with?
>>
>>17838106
>Americans

I shudder to think that this nation of inbreds lives on the same planet as myself
>>
>>17838183
You ever wonder why trucks make a loud beeping sound when they back up?
>>
File: 1503267469418.png (359KB, 1234x739px) Image search: [Google]
1503267469418.png
359KB, 1234x739px
>>17838183
>1 odd line that further states that its a precaution to avoid hitting unaware pedestrians
>article states again that you should back in
>this is the best you could do to try and prove your case

anon, for your own sake stop
>>
>>17838081

>Why does the car in motion and in the lane of traffic have the right away and not the parked car entering from outside the lane of traffic

You're

You're not serious, are you?
>>
>>17825323
>The only excuse is angled parking lots
those can be dangerous if you let your guard down. I was backing out of an angled space. Of course I was watching across the aisle and behind me for pedestrians AND to make sure no other cars were backing out at the same time. But some car heading the wrong way down the aisle (it's clearly a one-way direction aisle) almost t-boned me since I didn't look for it.
>>
>>17825323
That takes longer to park the car. There is also the risk I will hit other cars because I don't have rear cameras and parking sensors in my low-visibility car. I literally cannot see anything (of car hood/trunk height) behind me that is closer than 7.5 feet (measured with tape measure) due to the height of the rear dash and rear windshield being so high up.

Therefore, backing up to park is more risky than reversing out of a parking spot. I have a significantly higher chance of accidentally hitting your car. Sometimes, spots are empty because there is a shopping cart there. If I don't spot that car in the very early stage of backing up, I will not be able to see it after I have started becoming vertically aligned with the parking space. That means I will hit the cart and shove it into someone else's front end as well. I really cannot see it due to the infamous low visibility problem so many other people have commented about in other past threads.
>>
>>17838375
>That takes longer to park the car.

Time you gain back by how much shorter it takes to exit

>There is also the risk I will hit other cars because I don't have rear cameras and parking sensors in my low-visibility car
Always a risk of hitting a NON-MOVING obstacle, but this is easily lessened by practice. Besides, it's the same backing out when you exit, but now with the possibility of a moving car coming and being driven by a distracted driver who doesn't stop.

>I literally cannot see anything (of car hood/trunk height) behind me that is closer than 7.5 feet (measured with tape measure) due to the height of the rear dash and rear windshield being so high up.

You only need your side mirrors, and yes, I can't see out the back of my van.

Pull in park all you want, but don't pretend it's for any other reason than you're not very practiced in driving your vehicle.
>>
File: 1463017539861.jpg (58KB, 573x873px) Image search: [Google]
1463017539861.jpg
58KB, 573x873px
>>17837600
>tfw I actually don't have a reverse gear
>>
>>17838412

How do you exit your driveway in the morning?
>>
>>17838416
It catches when the tranny is cold but once it warms up it just slips
>>
>>17827605
Until the people next to you leave and some dick wagon parks super close.

I'm convinced all the people trying to find excuses not to back in simply don't have the skill to do it
>>
>>17838447

But it's easier to pull in than it is to back in tho...
>>
File: 1503441509022.jpg (88KB, 642x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503441509022.jpg
88KB, 642x960px
>>17828433
>Nowadays it's becoming illegal to do that cause of exhaust fumes and inability of cops to see registration and plates

No its actually not you fucking retard. Im guessing you live in some dipshit orwellian 1984 state like California or New York?
>>
>>17828136
Maybe over in commiefornia, but the rest of the US isn't like that
>>
We really should just ban people from California from posting. Fucking idiots who let their libshit meme politics runaway until they are basically living in a nightmare of a state that is literally on the brink of bankruptcy despite having started out with the 7th largest economy in the world, yes you read that right a single state has the 7th largest economy in the world and still fucked up this bad.
>>
i back in at work and parallel park at home
>>
>>17838447
>people trying to find excuses not to back in
there needs to be a reason to back in, i don't see the point iibh
i've never had a problem backing out into the aisle so why would i stop?
>>
>>17838455
>(doesn't make sense here in cali as both sides are required)
Yeah he does, what a fag
>>
>>17838542
IKR
>>
>>17838375
>That takes longer to park the car
it takes longer to back out than pull out

>rear dash
just switch to the rear controls of your two way car
>>
>>17838542
lol I had a couple drinks and didnt catch that, point still stands though fuck cali
>>
>>17838479
>i've never had a problem backing out into the aisle so why would i stop?
Because people in this thread accuse you of not being a driver that is familiar with your car.

Or they might say as was done in previous "Why doesn't everyone back in" threads that you should "Git Gud".

I will adopt the logic style of the fans of backing in and try some ad hominems as well. People who don't back in are probably pedophiles and mass murderers.
>>
>>17838725
>it takes longer to back out than pull out
Not many downtown parking spaces have signs, but some of the problem spots have signs saying "No head-out parking". Apparently the people doing head-out parking cause more traffic jams than it is worth. Or they might even have damaged cars to where complaints caused the city and parking garage to put up signs.
>>
>>17838770
Realistic insult: People who back in are effeminate and have zero sense of space. Anyone with a little testosterone in their brain will at least be able to back in without hitting shit, although they won't necessarily have it perfectly straight.

However, equality states that people ill suited for things can do them anyways so we let prissy women and beta males drive. They hit so much shit that speed limits have to be low, basic first world procedures like motorcycle lane splitting can't happen because of the amount of accidental mirror smashing and door dinging that would result, and back in parking has to be banned in cities where prissy women and beta males congregate.
>>
>>17838770
i just assumed they had inferiority complexes and were trying to put worth on a task easily accomplished in order to feel like they have some kind of skill

look at the way they talk. it's all variations of "you would if you could", "you wish you were as good as me at driving", etc. they clearly think this is some kind of feat
>>
>>17838821
*people who don't back in

Also the chaddest thing you can do is backing in when the lot is emptier of traffic and stealing parking spots when you can, since it doesn't matter that much and you have nothing to prove. It's nice to leave faster, but it's not nice to take longer to park in the first place.
>>
File: 1498517704306.jpg (17KB, 400x146px) Image search: [Google]
1498517704306.jpg
17KB, 400x146px
>>17838791
>but some of the problem spots have signs saying "No head-out parking"
always park as instructed

>>17838770
>ad hominems
did someone try to use an attack on your character to refute the argument or just insult you because what you posted arent ad hominems
>>17838821
>>17838822
this level of assmad over parking
ffs park how you want but dont get rum rustled in a discussion
>>
>>17825323
Purely because it's way too fucking early when I get to work. I just want to get in the office.
>>
>>17838871
I'm assmad over all driving.

With the retarded people they let drive, we need self driving shitboxes ASAP. They're either too limp wristed to operate a vehicle, period, or too hot headed and busy compensating to cooperate with other drivers.
>>
>>17838871
Calm down you don't have to respond to everyone in the thread.
>>
>>17838883
>I'm assmad over all driving
i understand

@17838904
Free (You)s
>>
>>17838883
>we need self driving shitboxes ASAP
The companies have to recoup their investments first. That means early adopters pay the highest prices. The options in my car for auto parking are pretty expensive since they are the final options package. That means prior option packages have to be purchased. All the options add about 60% to the cost of the new car over the most basic model. But it is nice to have it parallel park, warn me if I am straying in lane, provide automated cruise control speed variations, and even have automatic emergency braking if I am going to fast and will hit something at high speed. The computer knows once the car is in a certain envelope that it will hit, and slams on the brakes if the driver hasn't already. There will still be a collision, but it will be less of one. That is how the dealer explained it to me and I cannot really test it without ahem hitting something. Anyone want to stand in front or back of my car as I accelerate into them to test the pedestrian collision prevention?

Damn expensive stuff to protect other people when I have insurance to do that. If anon is alive, he sues me for a bigger amount that if he was dead. Isn't it better just to run anon over?
>>
My rule of thumb is back in for regular parking, front in if I have a trolley full of groceries I need to load.

I don't understand why people don't back in, reversing out of a spot is playing Fender Bender roulette.
>>
>>17839407
>> front in if I have a trolley full of groceries I need to load.
>not just double parking for a moment
>>
File: 20170907_230236.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170907_230236.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>not parking like a douche bag at the gym
>making it
Pick one
>>
I parallel park going forwards, get on my level
>>
>>17840112

So you don't parallel park?
>>
>>17826067
>not making her walk so she can stay fit and tight for you
>>
>>17840969
>So you don't parallel park?
Parallel parking spots are still fairly generously sized here. It's possible to forward drive into some of them and then back up only to center the car in the space.
>>
>>17838419
>driving a faulty car
>risking the potential life of other people

you shouldn't be driving
>>
>>17838469
I want to leave this shithole
>>
>>17825369
Backing into the spot is exclusively done by niggers
>>
The only time I don't back in is if there's a long line behind me (usually at uni where they admitted more people than the university can hold class wise and parking wise) because the moment I pull forward to back into the spot someone will steal the spot from me.
>>
>>17838469
>Fucking idiots who let their libshit meme politics runaway until they are basically living in a nightmare of a state
The real expensive stuff is yet to come due to Clinton and Obama letting so many mexicans into the state. A lot of the clinton mexicans are about to retire and they will soak the system. During obama, a lot of border enforcement was not done as was infamously in the news. In addition, a lot of older mexicans who don't have retirement funds or medical care in mexico crossed over the border to join their other relatives who made a safe haven or home for them to hide in while they claim social welfare benefits and medical care for their old age. All that tax burden crushes the legitimate citizens.
>>
I'm genuinely confused what the point of backing in is... you don't save time, your trunk will now be in the middle of a bunch of cars so your cart cant get to it.
>>
>>17845220

See >>17838399
>>
>>17845220
>Cletus, my son
>You have become driver now
>You can't see very well when reversing
>Will you choose to reverse into bay, necessarily after driving past it and observing that it is clear of hazards and an area that things are highly unlikely to be moving through while you manoeuvre
>Or reverse out of bay, into an area which many things will be moving through by design, perhaps in an unpredictable ways
Tough!
>>
>>17825323

If possible, I will only pull through two parking spots so that I don't have to back in.
>>
>>17825375
This is only true if you don't concern yourself with observing properly as you reverse.

>>17826543
You should fix your lights.

>>17828136
That rule of thumb holds provided you define the 'front' of the car as the end facing the direction of travel.
>>
>>17825323
I can back out without problem as I know how. It's bizarre how OP and friends are looking for an excuse to look down on people. Today, their excuse is "who doesn't back in".

Since the place where cars get damaged are the corners exposed to the aisle or the center, putting the front facing the aisle means risking damage to the more expensive front. For those with headlamp bezels on the front corners, that also risks those headlamps being damaged. Some cars have expensive front fascia such as the Lexus with the "X front" and the Chevrolet Malibu. Both cars have their metal bumpers a distance behind the front fascia which means a substantial amount of decorative fascia is crunched before being stopped by the cells of the crushable bumper located in front of the metal impact bumper. Most other cars have their crushable bumper located farther forward to the edge since they have different styling.
>>
I don't want to squeeze between two cars to put my fucking groceries in the trunk.
>>
>>17846892
>squeeze

you've got larger problems
>>
>>17846906
If the three adjacent spots (sides and rear) have cars in them it is impossible to get a cart next to the trunk. I can just park front in and get to the trunk from the aisle instead.
>>
>>17846924
it's not that big of a deal having to walk like 3-4 metres extra, though
>>
>>17846962
It's not that big a deal to back out of a spot either.
>>
File: tumblr_ny02oaoWGX1ulvxrwo5_1280.jpg (168KB, 1000x924px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny02oaoWGX1ulvxrwo5_1280.jpg
168KB, 1000x924px
It's easier to load things into the trunk of the car if I don't back it in.

Also image related.
>>
>>17825323
>he doesn't just move the cart between cars to load the trunk

>>17846892
>I don't want to squeeze between two cars to put my fucking groceries in the trunk.
That's why so many people drag the car between the cars to load the trunk. They end up scraping the trim of other cars. Or they scrape the fender or sides of the other car when trying not to scratch their own car. I saw someone simply dragging their cart (not pushing) and it kept on bumping along the sides of someone else's car. The guy who backed into the spot was careful not to scratch his car, so he always kept the car near the other car instead.

When done, they shove the cart over to rest against the other car so the cart doesn't touch their car as they drive out.
>>
>>17847226
So I'd rather park front first and not fuck up anybody's car because I'm not an inconsiderate piece of shit.
>>
>>17847012
Niiiiiiiiice
>>
>>17837628
i really like this image where is it from
>>
>>17847012
This is why I prefer cars to park "head-in" with the trunk exposed to the aisle.
>>
File: 1500437643843.jpg (255KB, 780x490px) Image search: [Google]
1500437643843.jpg
255KB, 780x490px
>>17847292
drawfag on r9k. drawfags were taking requests that night and drew a lot of cool stuff. this was theirs too iirc
>>
File: MG_0001.jpg (34KB, 460x285px) Image search: [Google]
MG_0001.jpg
34KB, 460x285px
>>17826015
Where is your god now?
>>
>>17847933

This makes sense. With the parking spots angled that way, there is no way for cars on that side of the road to park except by reversing.

I'm also assuming there's a median in the road preventing cars from the other side of the road from pulling in.
>>
>>17825323
I almost exclusively back into stalls. It started with where I work, as there just seems to be a culture of doing it there. No one else in town does, so you can pretty much tell who works at the same place as me when you see cars backed into stalls at places like Target that have straight stalls.
>>
>>17825323
I hate it when people back into a stall and touch the car in the opposing stall. I've seen it happen more than once. After the bump, the car just pulls forward a bit and the driver gets out. Because of that, I try to park in stalls that have a concrete barrier block to prevent that from happening. I also notice some older parking lots do have those blocks. But newer lots are made with smaller spaces and aisles, so they usually don't have a barrier block. If cars hit another car when backing in, that is their problem.
>>
>>17831969
>not driving a beater suv or truck eith enough ground clearance to just hop over it
>>
>>17825323
>the Chard Park
>>
>>17849188
>No one else in town does
Years ago, my workplace posted a rule to not back into work parking spaces after some car doors got dented.
>>
>>17825323
>The only excuse is angled parking lots
Usually too many people following closely behind me to try backing up.
>>
File: 383186_01.jpg (21KB, 292x209px) Image search: [Google]
383186_01.jpg
21KB, 292x209px
>he doesn't pull in
>and out
thread full of fucking cuckbags detected.
>>
File: 1505097826356.png (2MB, 1600x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1505097826356.png
2MB, 1600x1900px
>>17825394
Speaking of time.
>spend 5 minutes driving back and forth looking for a parking spot near entrance instead of just pulling up straight away to a little bit distant free parking spot
Every time.

Fucking lazy normies with no concept of anything, also less risk of people hitting their car doors to your side.
>>
File: IMG_2943_0.jpg (273KB, 725x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2943_0.jpg
273KB, 725x420px
>>17858136
now what do you do?
>>
>>17858282
whoever's responsible for parking lots like these needs a swift kick in the balls
>>
>>17858312
why?

>prevents 'donuts' and other reckless driving
>people can't take up 4 spots, only 2 max
>prettier
>>
>>17858382
it's just a waste of space that's only there because some faggot "new urbanist" bugman who doesn't understand real people thinks dropping some shitty little bushes and grass strips here and there between the margins makes things pretty
>>
File: 1504728929737.jpg (93KB, 1650x672px) Image search: [Google]
1504728929737.jpg
93KB, 1650x672px
>>17858410
its so that you cant hit other peoples cars while pulling in at 20 like a toss
>>
>>17825375
Other way around in a pickup. As for Ops question, sometimes I'm just being lazy, and don't feel like backing in.
Thread posts: 301
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.