[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will group B ever come back? https://youtu.be/ULZOgcHXwXw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

Will group B ever come back?

https://youtu.be/ULZOgcHXwXw

Also nostalgia thread.
>>
>it's another "born in le wrong generation" thread
Modern WRC cars are more powerful and faster than the fastest Group B cars ever were.
>>
>>17825136
>not knowing that danger adds excitement
https://youtu.be/tiTtgq2Pcow
>>
>>17825090
>wanting slower races
Why would anyone want this?
>>
>>17825142
Cooler and more entertaining though. Danger is exciting to watch.
>>
>>17825136

And modern F1 cars are faster than old ones. Doesn't mean they're better
>>
>>17825136
No they aren't. You'll see excess of 600whp in group b. You won't even see 400 in WRC.
>>
>>17825090
Just watch non-wrc rallies or hillclimbs. People still race group B cars and run non restricted rally cars which is basically modern group B cars.
>>
>>17827619
>Speed is the only factor in racing

you probably make
>auto is better threads, too.
>>
>>17827941
Speed is literally the only factor in racing you dumb nigger poster.
>>
>>17827954
Yeah, no.
>>
>>17825136
>>17827619
>>17827954
Group B was a class that more or less had no rules. Obviously tire technology has improved since the 80s, allowing for faster stage times. A modern Group B car would be much faster still.
>>
>>17827964
Yes it is, Who wins at the end of the race, the guy who crosses first. The fastest driver.

Wow, it's amazing. Who's the guy that wins in Rally, the guy with the lowest time. Same for Time Attack, Rallysport, F1, Everyone race is about the quickest time. E.G. speed.
>>
>>17827979
Is this why WRC died in the mid 2000s? And people went to IRC, Rallycross and every other sport imaginable?
Because Loeb winning was so much fun. No, racing is about attracting people and in turn gathering money. Who wins is important, only if the winner is exciting. That's why people liked McRae, because he was batshit insane behind the wheel.
>>
>>17825136
Put modern tyres and suspension on a group B car and im sure ited make a WRC car look like a toy.
even to this day when group B cars come out for classical rally they are limited to 75% throttle due to how insane they are.
>>
>>17827991
NO ONE LIKED MCRAE

He is a literal meme driver brought up by video game faggots. He was trash, he was always trash. He was beaten out by rookies while he was at his peak. The ONLY fucking championship he got was because two previous champions were banned thanks to Toyota.

I'm sick of faggots like you who have never watched rally and only see these stupid fucking Group B videos on youtube and think "OMG THATS REAL RALLY"...

It's fucking not, I also bet you are one of those dumb niggers who thinks current WRC has fucking assists in the vehicles.

Yes, I'm fucking salty as fuck right now because you need to go and fucking neck yourself you fucking child of a slave nigger.
>>
>>17827994
That's because they have more power then they can use, tire technology or not their cornering abilities and straight line acceleration blow ass up till they hit 80kmh.
>>
>>17828007
I don't watch current WRC I used to in the early 2000s when it was interesting, because cars were comparable and I could make a connection to my favorite driver.
You didn't refute any of my other point though, because you can't. Money is the driving force of a motorsport in this scale. Which means it doesn't matter who is winning, as long as it is interesting.
Try harder not being a retard next time.
>>
>>17827979
That's not totally true. For instance, if the course has obstacles that you are penalized for not avoiding, you can pretty easily cross the line first and still be 90 seconds behind.

Motorsports are not just about time. That's extremely reductive.
>>
>>17828027
>doesn't matter as long as X is winning
You literally never watched WRC, the events are free.
>>
>>17828033
That's still speed, penalties suptract from your time, EG subtracting from your SPEED.

Let me guess, next you are going to goal post about X car being able to turn faster then another isn't about speed.

Even though its about turning FASTER than another.

At the end of the day only one thing matters in racing, who is the fastest, who has the speed. nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>17828034
I literally don't get your point.
>>
>>17827994
Group B cars were crude, 4x4, understeering and turbo lagging pigs. Adding sticky modern tires would only make things worse. To get a group B car up to modern wrc speeds would take extensive modification and wouldn't really be a group B car anymore at that point. Basically like this thing.

Watch some 2017 WRC highlight videos. Those cars are stupid fast. I like group B too but they just don't stand a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YITEaY_A168

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gdn6mA-f2c&t=29s
>>
>>17828060
Why has no one acknowledged this point?
>>17827970
>>
>>17828059
>it's all about the money
>literally no money gained
>>
>>17828095
Are you implying that entrance fees are the only way to make money?
>>
>>17828106
They make money of advertising and fees, That's it. They still have to pay people who work the event. Plan the event and do costs to use the event grounds.

WRC isn't about money. It's soly about the sport. Why do you believe so many teams dropped out. Because it stopped being about the money when cigs and beer stopped being advertisers.
>>
>>17828114
>it's not about money
>teams dropped out when they started to get less money
>>
>>17828133
Exactly, about 20 years ago all sports were about money.

Now it's not even remotely as they don't have actual sponsors to provide money.
>>
>>17828139
All modern racing is about the advertisement which is still money. It'd technically a waste of money as there's much better ways to advertise for cheaper. That's why you see teams constantly dropping.
>>
>Will group B ever come back?
Unfortunately there's very little chance, Group B ended in flames and dead people because of how ridiculous the cars were.
I don't think WRC wants to experience those disasters again, even though it would likely revive interest in the motor sport.
>>
File: audi_quattro_takes_down_pole.webm (412KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
audi_quattro_takes_down_pole.webm
412KB, 400x264px
>>17825090

I hope so!
>>
>slower than 90s fwd rally

hopefully not

Group B is so overrated its boring now
>>
File: Ford RS200.gif (2MB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
Ford RS200.gif
2MB, 500x385px
>>17829026

>triggered cuz his beloved Subaru was not in Group B
>>
>>17825090
The M1 always gets me. Fucking bizarre.
WRC should fix its homologation rules so cars resemble production ones in more than vague resemblance in the shadows they cast before anything else.
>tfw rally pooland is too much fun for modern wrc
K I L L
>>
>>17829076
>responding to a guy who posts literally nothing but bait
Inb4 >waaah posting things I don't like is bait
>>
>>17829076
>the co-driver survived that
>>
>>17827919
Incorrect
>>
>>17829092
u got baited m8 lmao
>>
>>17829100
with burnt face and body
>>
File: WRX doesn't understeer.gif (949KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
WRX doesn't understeer.gif
949KB, 320x180px
>>17829076
>Subaru
meh it is so overrated.
>>
>>17829111
keyword survived
>>
Group b had a lot of neat cars. I know group b only required a handful of road cars, but it'd be great to see cars that weren't based on econo boxes.
>>
>>17829121
yeah, he committed suicide afterward.
>>
>>17829125
I didn't know that
>>
I like group B because the cars were insane and loud and crude and shot flames. They remind me of something I'd make in my backyard. That's the charm of group b. I like modern WRC too because the cars are refined and crazy fast, and that's fun in its own way. Group B still has a certain charm though. The only difference between them isn't just the speed, it's the spirit of the cars. Rally is still crazy, but in a different way.
>>
>>17829125
That's bullshit, dudes still alive
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Surer
>>
>>17829076
its not even that exciting

fucking grassroots Finnish rallies are more enjoyable

but lol the cars were garbage and had numbers with no performance to back it up compared to newer cars so its awesome

its the equivalent of kids who think hardcore wrestling is the coolest thing because theyre so brootal despite having little actual merit

>>17829092
you really are a thin skinned faggot you know that

everything that isnt your opinion triggers your ass
>>
>>17829164
>Wyder was killed at the 1986 ADAC Rallye Hessen after the Ford RS200 Surer was driving crashed into a tree and burst into flames. Wyder burned to death in the wreckage while Surer ended up in a coma.

Marc Surer is a lucky sob.
>>
>>17825142
Are you implying driving faster and harder in vehicle with a better roll cage is less less exciting simply because the vehicle doesn't explode on impact and crumple like a beer can?

You, sir, are a retard.
>>
I don't mind that modern WRC is doing its specific thing, but I'd love some sort of gravel version of hillclimb events where private owners create the most wild, ridiculous machines they can imagine and just blast the fuck out of every corner, showing what the absolute highest potential is for cars in the modern era.
>>
>>17829718
You are pretty much explaining Pikes Peak. Also cucked like WRC now
>>
>>17829735
yeah shit you're right rest in peaces
>>
>>17828015
>That's because they have more power then they can use
That was always the reasoning behind group b existing in the first place though. That these cars would be limited by grip rather than the legislatures pen.
Of course this was before they realized what AWD was about to do to the sport but still. No driver wants to actually die and any rally has frequent points along the stage they can't open all the way up even now.
>>
>>17828027
solberg fan detected
>>
>>17828040
you retard, you proved yourself wrong with that dumb explanation.
>>
>>17832002
Where did I prove myself wrong. In Racing only one thing matters speed.
>>
>>17825090
It's called Open class. Look it up.

>>17825136
As much as i want to agree with you, the only thing the new cars have arguably is consistency. They're probably going to handle a lot better. The scandi flick was invented to circumvent the terrible understeer of the early quattros (Not counting the SWB ones, which even then had a spot of understeer too). In every other respect, Group B cars are just faster. Period.
>>
>>17827919
That's because the problem lies with driver/owner politics and the rules gimping or banning any fun tech.
>>
>>17832467
>in every aspect but the ones that matter they are faster
Who honestly gives a shit about going fast in a straight line. Rally is about corners and jumps.

Not open straight aways. Go back to your drag racing american fag.
>>
>>17832467
>The scandi flick was invented to circumvent the terrible understeer of the early quattros

lolwat

people were doing that in Minis and Saabs in the 50s

> In every other respect, Group B cars are just faster. Period.

yeah except in stage times and acceleration

Group B has numbers on paper and thats it
>>
>>17832491
No one did that in a mini with its 55hp...
>>
>>17832495
I think you underestimate how light and how thin the tires were on early minis
>>
>>17832499
>how light and thin the tires were
And I think you miss understand how easy they were to turn that they weren't ever required to flick.
>>
>>17832495
someone doesnt even know what a flick is apparently

you dont need much power
>>
>>17832520
>trip
>(you)
>>
>>17832531
not an argument

gg no re

ofc grp b fankiddies are ignorant
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.