[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help, /o/. I want to cop a used cheap but reliable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: u3l560848trsdmv8wk59_400x400.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
u3l560848trsdmv8wk59_400x400.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
I need some help, /o/. I want to cop a used cheap but reliable car on craigslist before I move out (because of cheap insurance and not dealing with expensive ass monthly payments) but my mother wants me to buy a car from a dealership, how do I convince her a used car from the 90s isn't going to immediately fall apart the second I start driving away, also what cars are always reliable if kept in at least fair condition? I was thinking about a D21.
>>
>>17825067
It will
>>
>>17825067
just buy a civic for 3k.
>>
I was in the same debacle as you anon when I was trying to get a semi older civic and my mom thought anything older than 5 years old will explode on me when I drive. Give it your all, she'll keep fighting back. But at the same time yeah if you're going in the 90s it'll be at a higher risk to fall apart, just get something in the low to mid 2000s.
>>
File: paul.png (362KB, 675x625px) Image search: [Google]
paul.png
362KB, 675x625px
>>17825112
https://sanmarcos.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-hatchback-1994/6252580581.html

As a matter of fact I showed her this and she said:
>anon, hondas have a history of bad transmission and it will break and it will cost u thousands to replace, i'm always right :))))

It's literally one of the most simply designed Hondas ever built what are you talking about
>>
Try an experiment for me, OP. I was in a similar-ish position many years ago, but it was my father, who I couldn't just argue with. In the end buying a cheap shit econobox turn out to be correct because I needed something that absolutely would not fail at all period.

Say "I would rather drown myself in a bucket of my own piss than buy from a kike stealership. D21s do not break down, you know nothing about cars" and report back the results.
>>
>>17825128
You should have directly responded "the transmission costs $300. You are wrong. Show me the proof if you're so sure."
>>
>>17825128
>hondas have a history of bad transmission
technically true, but only applies to their automatic transmissions from the late 90s, early 2000s like the Prelude and Odyssey

also holy shit that civic is clean AF and its cheap too. An exact same car model would cost at least 3000 here and would be covered in rust too.
>>
>>17825128
that's a shitty example.

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-honda-civic-ex/6247941634.html

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-honda-civic/6291924438.html
>>
>>17825067
This is my d21. They last FOREVER. old pic is old the truck has 343k on it now.
>>
>>17825160
coup and sedan civics are top tier
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-29-17-20-20.jpg (390KB, 1080x798px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-29-17-20-20.jpg
390KB, 1080x798px
Get a late 90s Camry, I got one for 800, clean car
>>
File: 1504445328410.png (222KB, 482x319px) Image search: [Google]
1504445328410.png
222KB, 482x319px
OP here, after looking in to it more I'm going to try to specifically cop a D21 due to my friend's experience with it (although the bastard sold it for an FRS), how do I convince my good boy points supplier to see that it's one of the most reliable pickups of all time and not some random shitbox? To those wondering why i won'r go for something newer, it's because the older the car is the less insurance it will cost, I had a 89 MX-6 coupe that cost about $90 a month for insurance, but that thing was a fucking lemon (at least the one I had was). I want to keep insurance costs and car maintenance as low as possible because I'm moving out making a little over $1500 a month, so getting something old yet very reliable is the main goal here, although I would like to have a car that's not a bore to drive if at all possible, so a D21 is probably my best bet. Hope this thread is helping some other poorfag anons find affordable shitboxes.
>>
>>17825216
do it. I'll never sell mine.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.