[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how can people even do this shit for a living? why dont people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: uber-logo.png (147KB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
uber-logo.png
147KB, 3200x1800px
how can people even do this shit for a living? why dont people just get a CDL and drive a truck or bus instead? i work as a paratransit driver and i dont pay for NOTHING. gas, tolls and cars belong to my employer compared to uber drivers where they have to pay money out of their pocket to work
>>
>tfw i drive

Literally all i do is drive railroad crews between trains and rail yards. so basically lots of cruising down interstates for hours at a time.

the bonus is when i have to tear ass down a service road to get to a train its not my truck thats getting fucked up or my car getting shit tons of miles since they provide me with an suv and a gas card.

so far the one downside is its on call so when dispatch calls i have to get my ass out of bed or whatever and go work
>>
>>17822554
I doubt many people do it for a living.
It seems like it has low barriers to get into it, instead of paying for classes you might be paying for a car. Same as pizza delivery, and you don't smell like pizza at the end of the day.
But uber also advertises it as an easy part-time thing too (which might be a waste of time depending where you live - from what I've heard), and that's probably where the conpany benefits most.
>>
I do Uber mostly in the weekends, it's a pretty chill job if you like driving. You also get to know your entire city.
>>
>>17822554
>how can people even do this shit for a living?
There are lots of people with cash flow problems. So they do this to cover their income gap.
>>
>>17823023
This.

And there's no problem with that. OP stop being an asshole.
>>
File: 1454714038695.jpg (78KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1454714038695.jpg
78KB, 550x550px
>>17822554
>>17822578
What are these jobs that just provide a car for you to drive I must know for scientific reasons
>>
>>17822554
I've been a van courier
Pizza delivery
CDL semi driver
Taxi driver
Limousine driver
now I am waiting for my ubereats application to finish up so I can do that.

Why?
I am going back to college so having an on/off flexible job to cover my rent is more important than making the maximum possible income. I definitely wouldn't attempt to make it a career but if you're happy with low returns, it's a very low investment pasttime. Since when did anyone get rich off casual ass bullshit jobs anyway?
>>
>>17822554
Do it on weekday rush hours to get a bit gas money while on my way to work/home and you can use the hov lanes with extra passengers

On weekends i only do deliveries, usually the are very short and pays slightly better than regular rides, good for when you like to diving around your neighbourhood
>>
>i work as a paratransit driver and i dont pay for NOTHING.
That's why you drive body parts around for a living.
>>
>>17823353
no a actually drive handicapped people around. its pretty much a car service for them.

>>17823199
any CDL required job. tow truck, tanker, school bus, livery bus, etc

>>17823175
i never bashed uber drivers its just how can people do this when YOU have to pay out of pocket JUST to work. your own car, your own insurance, your own EVERYTHING

here in NYC you need TLC plates and TLC license to do this. so its not like anybody can do it with their own personal car. you can but TLC police will bust (you)
>>
>>17823323
why go to college if you can already get a job that pays 50k or more a year being a semi driver
>>
>>17823807
cos maybe they don't want to be a semi driver?
>>
>>17822554
>i work as a paratransit driver

And do you make 120€ an hour like i do ubering in one of the biggest capital of europe ?
>>
>>17823874
i only make 15:50$ a hour. this job sucks, drivers should get paid way more. BUT i still get paid whether there is work or not. i might make less then a uber driver but i keep what i make unlike them who have to pay insurance, gas and tolls, repairs out of their own pocket. we get a company car
>>
I made $4790 cash this month delivering pizza. $1830 in the last 9 days. $560 gas in Aug though.

Everyone should just deliver pizza, the economy will fix itself.
>>
>>17823996
Does the IRS know ?
>>
>>17822554
>They dont have rich parents
Lmao
>>
File: Daihatsu_Ayla_front_view.jpg (151KB, 1200x789px) Image search: [Google]
Daihatsu_Ayla_front_view.jpg
151KB, 1200x789px
>>17822554
It pays good in my shitty third world country tho
>minimum wage is about $200
>median income is $1000
>made almost $2000 as an uber driver, using pic related

Granted I had to work from early dawn till approx. 11pm, but I could save enough money and start my business much faster as uber driver than my previous day job as lab technician
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.