[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not a bait thread, I am quite new here. What is so bad about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: Red_Bay-1440.jpg (148KB, 1440x670px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Bay-1440.jpg
148KB, 1440x670px
Not a bait thread, I am quite new here.

What is so bad about Tesla? Most people here seem to be hating them.

I understand that automatic driving is killing car-culture. This, while I definitely share the feeling, however is a little bit subjective. You have to distinguish between what's good and what's right.

But anything else..?
>>
Meme car for people who'll suck elon's musk no matter what he does
>>
>>17820293
>False promises
>Shit working conditions
>Shit build quality
>Not as environmentally friendly as people believe
>Memed to hell and back as the car company that will take us away from fossil fuels sooner rather than later
>Electric cars have limitations that ICE don't
>Not great driving cars
>>
>>17820308
All wrong, sorry, try harder next time
>>
>>17820320
OP here, I am not this cuck. At least give some counterarguments to his points, troll
>>
>>17820320
>presents tons of points
>hurr durr you're all wrong

The mind of a tesla shill everybody
>>
>>17820293
Despite being not as ecologic as a lot of people claim Teslas may seem like good cars but just feel incredibly sterile to me. The emotional aspect of automobiles is completely lacking.
>>
>>17820320
>.1 Kwh has been deposited into your supercharger stall
>>
>>17820325
>>17820327
I'll give a counterargument to an actual argument, not a retard spewing nonsense
>>
>>17820341
you mean like the list of arguments you replied to?
>>
>>17820336
You caught us, fuck. Tesla here, our viral marketing campaign is to covertly suggest our cars are good by making snarky posts on anime imageboards, where the average user is 15 years old and has a car budget of $750.
>>
File: IMG_1512.jpg (75KB, 458x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1512.jpg
75KB, 458x610px
>>17820293
Laughable build quality
>>
File: satisfaction2016.jpg (169KB, 833x946px) Image search: [Google]
satisfaction2016.jpg
169KB, 833x946px
Can I get some mental gymnastics to explain this? Perhaps compare them to Apple and suggest everyone is brainwashed sheeple? We obviously know that 90% of people wouldn't buy one again just because the cars are good.
>>
>>17820351
Man, If Tesla had this level of damage control on their cars they might actually be worth something.
>>
>>17820352
Now, I call hoax on that one
>>
>>17820293
It's not really the cars themselves, it's their fanboy cheerleaders.
Not all cars work for everyone, and not all cars appeal to everyone, but to hear these jackasses talk you'd never know it.
They're like the guy who wants you to be impressed by his expensive car, but can't fathom that you might not like it for aesthetic reasons.
So he rationalizes that you really don't like it because you can't afford it.
>>
File: IMG_20170723_170707.jpg (3MB, 2610x4640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170723_170707.jpg
3MB, 2610x4640px
The cars are extremely cheap feeling for their price. The back of the model X had zero features besides one vent per passenger. The rear window doesn't even roll down all the way and this is a 6 figure car! The backs of the seats are hard plastic, the captain chairs had no arm rests. Everything is controlled on the screen which makes it annoying navigating multiple menus and taking your eyes off the road. The performance is greatly over exaggerated. The battery dies pretty quick if you have a lead foot, and it runs out of steam after 60mph.
>>
>>17820352
I remember long ago, seeing a thread here on /o/ where someone had just bought a Lancer Evo X and that exact same thing happened.

Perhaps the problem lies with the parts supplier and not the manufacturer who put the car together.

>people actually think the badge on the hood indicates anything other than who assembled it
maybe back in 1950 auto manufacturers designed and engineered their own pedal assemblies but not anymore.
>>
The cars themselves are generally fine, aside from stupid design decisions like the space-doors on the X or the no-instrument cluster thing on the 3.

The Tesla fanboy culture is the second most cancerous thing on the internet right now. The worst part is the fact that most of them don't even own a Tesla and can't see the car for its objective faults.
>>
>>17820403
>>17820403
Okay? Call whatever you want lol

http://www.carbuzz.com/m/Article.aspx?Id=39823

>>17820421
It's possible but there's a pretty fucking big difference between a lancer and a 110k model x my dude. Even if you can excuse the cheap, plastic interior, a car in the 6 figure range shouldn't have plastic pedals that snap off.
>>
>>17820361
You could do that quite easily and, in some sense you would be right. Tesla are going through the same phase that Apple went through around 2008-11. They've been making niche products for a few years (obviously Apple had been around longer) and now have brought a product to market which has been well-positioned and designed to appear revolutionary. The people that are now, as opposed to a few years ago, buying their cars are the same sort of people that bought iPhones in that time period. When the technology has matured, as it has now with smartphones (or, indeed, ICE cars) a more realistic representation of consumer satisfaction will emerge in time. So yeah, Tesla's narrowcasting combined with a small sample size makes for an unreliable estimate of satisfaction.
>>
>>17820432

>>17820403 here. Wait, are you serious? Does it not have a metal bar in it which supports it? It is hollow so it really looks like it. I don't think that can even break off like you showed
>>
>>17820341
No you won't because you're a shitposter. You don't have the capacity to refute any of those claims.
>>
>>17820454
Yeah I was a bit stunned too, a hollow piece of plastic as the pedal lever in a fucking 100k car. It is pretty ridiculous.
>>
It'd not the cars we hate, it's the fanboys.
The model S has a great 0-60 time. There is no debating that. But now every car discussion is interrupted by 15 year olds and poor middle aged cucks that have no real interest in cars whatsover, but feel the need to butt in on every conversation. They then get mad when you give valid points as to why the tesla is no perfect. For example it has a terrible lap time, but apparently that doesn't matter cause 0-60 is all that matters. Also its labled as a luxergy car but it looks cheap as fuck inside.

Honestly it would be a great daily for me so I have no issues with the car. But tesla fanboys can't comprehend that I'd rather drive something else on a weekend.
>>
File: 1376888179999.jpg (23KB, 325x385px) Image search: [Google]
1376888179999.jpg
23KB, 325x385px
>>17820361
>Chrysler and Chevrolet in top 10
>>
>>17820432
>It's possible but there's a pretty fucking big difference between a lancer and a 110k model x my dude.
And how do you think they keep the Tesla's price as low as it is? You're paying for the batteries and motors and the software that makes it all work, the interior is obviously an afterthought. Almost all new cars use that same plastic pedal assembly.

Someone who thinks that the more they pay the more the car should be like a Mercedes is a fucking idiot. There's more to a car than the interior. Also early adopters of tech ALWAYS GET FUCKED.

>Uuuuh uuh muh rear windows on muh electric minivan don't go down all the way but I paid lods a monyyyyyyy fucking elon
Please kill yourself, you are too pedantic to live.
>>
File: luxurysales.jpg (140KB, 784x363px) Image search: [Google]
luxurysales.jpg
140KB, 784x363px
Hmmm. It outsells every car in it competes with and has the best customer satisfaction by a huge margin. It's almost as if people that actually have enough money to buy a nice car overwhelmingly support the car, while people on an anime imageboard who will never touch a car over $3k become upset by it's existence. Quite strange.
>>
>>17820483
>For example it has a terrible lap time, but apparently that doesn't matter cause 0-60 is all that matters

Yes because we drive in the real world, not on track.
Just watch the grand tour, busrider, even carfags like them knows that track times are pure BS.
>>
>>17820505
It's a 100k car with a shitty plastic interior, there's literally no excuse for them to not have bumped up the interior design at least in the fucking model X. Muh technology isn't an excuse.

>Please kill yourself, you are too pedantic to live.
Yeah I'm going to kill myself because some autist on an imageboard can't accept that his precious idolized ev car isn't absolutely perfect. Get fucked, dumb piece of shit.
>>
>>17820293
It may be good for driving 20km to work and back everyday. If you need to do hundrets of km a day e.i. actually get somewhere it's useless. yet people act like it's a car equivalent of jesus.
>>
>>17820293
One autistic furfag underageb& nigger spams them and shitposts with them. They're done a great job of making electric cars cool. I just can't stand the touchscreen only interface.
>>
>>17820293
it's the whole foods of cars.
>>
>>17820520
>being this retarded

Track times directly correlate to the handling of a car. A car with a high price point handling like absolute shit is inexcusable.
>>
File: d5a.png (199KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
d5a.png
199KB, 500x400px
>>17820687
obsessed. sperg more
>>17820483
0-60 is literally the only relevant day to day metric. non autistic people don't track their cars.
>>
>>17820520
>Yes because we drive in the real world, not on track.

Yes but as car enthusiasts we are interested in the overall performance of a car, which is relevant on a track more than anything.

>busrider
Ive got 3 cars. Feel free to post your shit box.

This is a prime example of a poor faggot that sucks tesla dick but will never buy one.
>>
>>17820717
It's a sedan that also outperforms supercars. track times are irrelevant
>>
>>17820717
>>17820702
To be fair, worshipping laptime down to the millisecond is kinda dumb. You can change brake pads and tires on most cars and shave 5 seconds off a minute-long lap. But yes, EVs in general have a long way to go before enthusiasts will come to them, as right now they cannot be flogged for very long.
>>17820711
Put your name back on nigger.
>>
Consumer reports says Tesla reliability is lower than Kia now. That isn't exactly what you want to hear about a luxury brand, especially not when its a luxury brand lacking a combustion engine.
Ironically however consumer satisfaction with them is very high despite their demonstrably poor reliability. Seems like people just want to feel good about their purchase. Its hardcore post purchase rationalization.
>>
File: premium_homo_love.jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
premium_homo_love.jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
>>17820732
Kill yourself racist
>>
>>17820293
Poor interior quality for the price paid. Fit and finish of everything except the touchscreen and drivetrain is along the lines of a 20k USD car. Unable to modify without being fucked over by tesla. Numb to drive. The idea behind the company is to make cars more boring.
>>
>>17820746
Rest assured if I ever do decide to exit stage left, you'll be the first to know. I'll tell you after I skin you alive and make you eat your own nuts.
>>
File: 1483779277860.jpg (121KB, 958x768px) Image search: [Google]
1483779277860.jpg
121KB, 958x768px
>>17820753
You don't even know where I live.
>>
>>17820738
This. People rationalize their purchase so much that over 90% of them buy another one. Meanwhile this never happens with any of their competitors offering cars for the same amount of money. See
>>17820361
>>17820519
>>
It's a car for people who hate cars.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.