[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody explain why I need to go through a dealership to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1228884170623207751.jpg (70KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1228884170623207751.jpg
70KB, 800x450px
Can somebody explain why I need to go through a dealership to buy a new car? It seems like a huge waste of money and resources to have commission-based salesman, multiple layers of management, and finance jews. On average this just makes my car purchase cost more money. Yeah, 1% of people who "haggle" can get a "good deal" but the rest of society who aren't lucky/don't get the right salesperson/manager or show up on the wrong day/just aren't good at haggling get screwed.

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to do all financing through a credit union and have direct sales instead of adding tons of middlemen to the process?
>>
Go around and get quotes quickly. Pit dealerships against each other.
>>
>>17814755
How do you go about that?
>>
>>17814736
Because otherwise the state can't get the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin and then the whole scam about needing a license and insurance falls apart.
>>
>>17814764
Go around and get quotes quickly. Pit dealerships against each other.
>>
>>17814764
Just call or go to one place and see what they say. And then go to the next place and be like "XYZ dealership offered me this. Can you do better?"
>>
>>17814764
Never tried it, but you can visit cars in 3-4 dealerships. Make phone calls and make them bid for your sale.
>>
>>17814736

In short, yes, it is an unnecessary business there to make money off of you. Sadly its not going away. But it really isn't hard to get a reasonable price on a vehicle. It just takes patience on the buyer's part. Research is key; knowing the dealers and the times of the month to buy greatly swings things in your favor.

My '16 GTI SE PP I bought new two years ago was done at the end of October when they were desperate to clear out inventory for the 17s. The car I wanted MRSPd for just under 35K and OTD it was just under 30K. Got a bunch of free shit with it too, including 5 years prepaid maintenance.

But it took me about four weeks to secure that deal, and working with about 5 dealers in total. The process is tiring and not for everyone. Obviously if I could buy directly from the maker that'd be way better.
>>
>>17814781
On the other hand if your time is worth more than how much you'll pay in gas money and maintenance for the next single year, walk in and demand that they sell you the car you want right fucking now. Tell them to knock whatever off the asking price and you'll drive it off the lot today, let's go.

What salesman doesn't want to make a quick easy commission?
>>
No. A dealership can sell used cars and run a very expensive mechanic shop, using the sales to fund their dealership. Brands usually only set numbers of new cars they must sell. The dealers can sell as cheap as they want to achieve the sales numbers because they have other means to make up the dollar amount.

A Brand would not be this efficient. Just look at Tesla. You buy directly from them. They are expensive, not adjustable. They are trying to control the used Tesla prices as well. You get a cold hearted corporate machine. Believe it or not but a dealership is more personable.
>>
Another time I was looking for a particular used model and I asked the salesman, "You know the place over on the other side of town has this same car but your price is $1k less. Why?"

>we're just trying to sell cars, not hit home runs
Not really an answer, but not BS either. It never hurts to ask. I went with the more expensive one because it looked to be less worn.
>>
When tons of auto companies started popping up at the turn of the last century laws were made in the US that required them to be sold by dealers, because if not car companies would emerge, sell cars, then disappear/go bankrupt leaving the purchaser with a car that could not be repaired/parts provided for it. 100 years later these laws are being upheld by lobbyists from the big manufacturers, since the franchise system benefits them greatly and makes it almost impossible for new competitors to pop up (this is why Tesla had so much trouble with certain states when they popped up).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.