[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://jalopnik.com/mercedes-amgs-s treet-legal-f1-car-will-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: SV7c0N84.png (7KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SV7c0N84.png
7KB, 500x500px
http://jalopnik.com/mercedes-amgs-street-legal-f1-car-will-have-a-top-speed-1798694704

Mercedes AMG is developing a 'Formula 1 car for the road' with 1000hp, 220mph top speed, etc etc. Should be pretty awesome considering that they have the best car on the field right now.

But, this is what gets me upset. For some reason Jalopnik thought it would be good to bring on women as writers, which would be fantastic if these women actually gave a shit about cars, but instead we get opinions like this

>The thing is, it’s kind of silly to say that. You’re not going to pass a speed-limit sign in a rural desert that says “IDK, do whatever you want,” so paying $3 million for 1,000 horses and 217 mph seems like a huge, silly waste of money for nothing other than the Instagram props and the occasional track day. It feels that way with any ridiculous supercar that’ll never let you reach its full potential in daily life.

What the fuck. Why would a site that is dedicated to the awesomeness of the automobile consider it a good idea to bring on writers that want to talk down about how 'silly' it would be to build a car that will be designed in such an extreme philosophy (which is kinda what the automobile world needs right now). Jalopnik has been dying a slow death for a few years now, but it's official that the whole thing is going to be put to rest pretty soon.
>>
File: IMG_1766.png (30KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1766.png
30KB, 128x128px
>$3 million for 1,000 horses and 217 mph seems like a huge, silly waste of money for nothing other than the Instagram props and the occasional track day. It feels that way with any ridiculous supercar that’ll never let you reach its full potential in daily life.
objectively correct
unless you're a pro race driver you can't drive this road legal race car anywhere close to its limits
>>
>>17805324
What is driving it to a race track and let loose, faggot?
>>
>>17805340
something hardly anyone ever does with cars like these
>>
>>17805348
>people buying fast cars never track them
were you dropped as a child?
>>
>>17805272
More bullshit that only rich people and teenagers would care about, there are a boatload of 1,000+ hp 3 million hypercars out there already, woop de doo another one has come along.

What did you want? Some dude to tell you how awesome it is? You know how awesome it is already, when has jalopnik ever had good writers anyway? Each article reads like a high school dropout's first writing job that he got through his buddies.
>>
>>17805272
>reading jalopnik
there's your real problem m8
>>
>>17805348
It's still faster, even if your cornering speeds are more suited to a GT86 on prius tires.

If you think a $3 million supercar is "silly" you can't afford to buy one, let alone own one. Sorry. If you are into cars and think this is dumb you have some cognitive dissonance going on and should consider reclassifying yourself as a bus enthusiast.
>>
Why don't you just buy a GT3 car at this point?
>>
>>17805358
>implying people buying multi-million dollar hypercars track them
they just drive them around London during peak traffic hours, obnoxiously revving the piss out of them for maximum attention from car "vloggers"
>>
>BMW: yes here you go have a race (WSBK) winning motorcycle only $15,500
>Mercedes: We'll sell you A REAL RACE CAR but it'll be made to the specs of a rich man's sport and cost 3 million

Should have let BMW do this. We'd get a $30,000 go kart that could get US plates on it instead of a $3,000,000 gokart that probably won't ever be allowed outside of the burgerring.

>>17805386
*islamophobic engine noises*
>>
>>17805340
I guarantee no one who buys this will be physically able to do that unless they already have a super license.

Mercedes will probably package some sort of driving tuition program with the car, if not fully running from the factory like Ferraris FX program
>>
>>17805399
You only need a license for wheel to wheel because racing is run by jews. Chasing laptimes is open for everyone because racing is co-run by whites.
>>
>>17805373
>If you think a $3 million supercar is "silly" you can't afford to buy one, let alone own one.

I always thought I could easily afford to buy and own a 3 million dollar hyper car, until I was faced with this remarkable post right here. Thank you for opening my eyes you brilliant philosopher.
>>
>its "a mongoloids whine that a thinly veiled R&D project that's only being sokd to help cover the costs is not being targeted towards them" epsidoe
>>
>>17805324
>>17805348
>>17805359
>>17805386
>>17806227

You guys sound boring
>>
File: 5646974.jpg (107KB, 475x528px) Image search: [Google]
5646974.jpg
107KB, 475x528px
>Eh, OK.
>>
File: 1489449263621.jpg (320KB, 1003x798px) Image search: [Google]
1489449263621.jpg
320KB, 1003x798px
Fuck off Jalopnig
>>
>>17805272
>You’re not going to pass a speed-limit sign in a rural desert that says “IDK, do whatever you want
make no mistake gawker is cancer and always has been
embrace extend extinguish
>>
File: file.png (111KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
111KB, 259x194px
>>17805272
>Mercedes AMG is developing a 'Formula 1 car for the road' with 1000hp, 220mph top speed, etc etc

slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

im making 348 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be
>>
>>17805272

All performance-oriented cars are needless and should be phased out over the next 10 years.
>>
>occasional track day
>occasional
>>
>>17805272
Too bad it's a Mercedes

Sage
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.