[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My oil drain back holes are clogged as fuck, previous owner must've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170901_094225.jpg (1MB, 2952x2997px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170901_094225.jpg
1MB, 2952x2997px
My oil drain back holes are clogged as fuck, previous owner must've never changed his fucking oil. How to I suck all this crud out?
>>
File: IMG_20170901_094208.jpg (2MB, 2952x3440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170901_094208.jpg
2MB, 2952x3440px
>>17804709
Better pic
>>
>>17804709
buy some diesel and clean it up with that
>>
>>17804709
Wash all that shit with some Diesel and a brush, then once it's almost clean, finish everything off with a bit of gasoline and another brush.

Diesel cleans oily shit like a champ, but leaves oily residues itself that won't dry in a reasonably short time, so use gasoline to clean what's left of the Diesel, the gunk and to have everything dry at the end.
>>
>>17805054
>and to have everything dry at the end.

So you can put more oil in it?
>>
>>17805174
The thing is going to be soaked in diesel with old ass oil gunk inside and out, you want it dry at least on the outside so you don't get your hands, your wrenches and everything else you touch oily as hell.
>>
>>17804709
>clean out holes to some extend
>buy cheap oil or Diesel
>run under low load (no idle on diesel due to low oil pressure)
>change oil every few kilometers 2-3 times
>engine is clean now

Don´t do the Diesel thing if your engine requires high viscosity ratings and don´t put high load on the engine since Diesel doesn´t lubricate that well and is thinner than oil.
>>
>>17804709
Straw and spittoon.
>>
>>17805317
>Use shit oil or diesel in your running engine
>Force all the dirt to detach and circulate all around your engine and oil pump
>eventually run engine with engine oil mixed with crap oil/Diesel and dissolved oil gunk from the Stone age

What kind of retarded advice is this? The guy already has his pan dropped
>>
>>17805461
That's not my pan bro. It's my head. The drain back holes in the heads are clogged. Also there's no way in hell that I can reach into them. I need to suck it out or dissolve it or something
>>
>>17805484
Probe the holes with something so they are at least somewhat open and then let the whole head soak overnight with diesel or degreaser+hot water.

Or give it to a machine shop that does the acid bath thing and pay them for the trouble
>>
>>17805497
So I gotta pull the heads to soak them? Ah hell...
>>
>>17805505
just dump some seafoam in there.
>>
>>17805505
Yeah, unless you want to gamble on those engine cleaners and hope all the shit that will be dissolved by it won't clog the oil pump.
>>
>>17805516
Yeah I just did that actually
>>
>>17805344
This
>>
>>17805497
>Probe the holes
Use something flexible like bailing wire. Don't be afraid to get aggressive. Then change your oil when done, and again in 500 miles.
>>
>>17806390
You mean shove it in to break the shit loose? Desu I'll probably go through a few oil changes within the next 50 miles to be safe. What about throwing some seafoam straight down the holes for extra measure?
>>
>>17806413
gasoline is a better solvent and a lot cheaper
>>
>>17806433
I got a couple cans of seafoam anyways
>>
>>17804709
Change your fucking oil you braindead retard
>>
Diesel or kerosene.
>>
>>17806433
Kerosene is super cheap

Acetone too
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.