[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any eurobros in here? What's the highest average fuel consumption

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 17

File: eu-attacks-meme.jpg (512KB, 735x951px) Image search: [Google]
eu-attacks-meme.jpg
512KB, 735x951px
Any eurobros in here? What's the highest average fuel consumption you are willing to accept? How much is too much? 8L/100km? 10L/100km? 12? 15?

>You have to use the highway at least once a week to be able to participate in this thread.
>>
Manage to keep both baiku and shitbox at around 6.5L/100Km, I suppose 8 or 10 would have me worried
>>
I consider 8 to be average, 10 would have me concerned
>>
>>17804020
I average about 17L/100km in my Phaeton.
>>
>>17804020
less than 20 mpg is a bit ehh
>>
Anything less than 20mpg is the sole province of bourgie excess, only tolerated by people who don't have to care about mundane things like 'money' and 'cost of living'.
20mpg = 14L/100

I can just about get 30mpg (9.4L/100), and that is currently considered to be below average.
>>
Well my car tells me that the average consumption over the last 6500km is 7.7L/100km... I mean I DO hoon it almost all the time and the little engine is not suited for the kind of highway pulling I do sometimes (I guess I average about 12L/100km on highway) but hey it's fun so...
>>
12.5L / 100km in my volvo 940, but that's on LPG
>LPG costs only 0.15€/L in Belgium
>I live close to belgium
>LPG is 0.45€/L in my country
It's literally cheaper for me to drive that landbarge than to drive some ecohatch
>>
>>17804051
>Only tolerated by people who don't have to care about mundane things like 'money' and 'cost of living'.
Wrx checking in with 12L/100KM.
>>
I am on LPG, so I am willing to go to about 18L/100km
>>
>>17804061
>>17804065
Nice, LPG fags are in. That was faster than I anticipated. The only thing missing now are the "I do 4.5L/100km!!! And it's chip-tuned!! Beat me!!" 1.9 TDI fags...
>>
>>17804071
What exactly is wrong with LPG, except the tank in the back?
>>
File: IMG_1966.png (80KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1966.png
80KB, 640x1136px
>>17804051
>20mpg = 14L/100k
How did you calculate that

20L/100k twin turbo fairlady z reporting in
>>
>>17804071
The best I can manage is 4.7 in my TDi swapped 6N2
>>
7 for diesel, 9 for gas.
>>
>>17804077
He meant imperial.
>>17804074
It's more of an /r9k/ fuel than /o/ fuel.
>>17804078
git gud
>>
>>17804081
So you are just sperging just because.
>>
>>17804074
What isn't wrong with LPG

>>17804081
Is British mpg that different to us mpg? Wtf why can't we all just use km/L
>>
>>17804020
>L/100KM
Kill yourself, km/l is the superior metric.

Currently averaging 6.5 km/l, which is pretty tolerable on a 395hp truck running on LPG.

For regular petrol vehicles, I'd consider anything above 10 km/l. My mopeds managed 30km/l, and my last motorcycle only got 20 km/l.

>>17804051
Some people know how to find tax loopholes that make a 15MPG vehicle financially viable though.
>>
>>17804074
LPG is completely wrong because it's 112-116 octane, has high latent heat of vaporisation, is cheap as fuck.
>>
>>17804077
>How did you calculate that
Using proper gallons not retard ones.
>>
Depends on the car.
I was fine with my impreza gt (eu market, 1st gen tarbo) at about 10l since it was boosted a bit, but the honda jazz I currently drive needs about half of that which is also nice..
>>
With my punto 1.3 multijet I average 4.8L/100km while the old rav4 2.0 d4d never goes above 7L/100km.
Anything above 7L/100km is too much for a 4 cylinder diesel
>>
>>17804097
Say it's smelly and your argument will be complete.
>>
>>17804081
Your just assmad I >>17804061 pay barely anything for a 2.4L turbo engine making 250hp while you're stuck in an ecohatch.
(old) Volvo engines are though enough to survive higher pressures and doesn't need to limit the amount it injects to prevent blowing up.
>>
>>17804097
>lpg is high octane dur
This means nothing. LPG is shit
>>
>>17804099
This.

>>17804092
British MPG is very different from American. Also the methodology for testing the "average MPG" is different in each country. That's why it differs so much.

>>17804093
I have yet to visit an EU country that unironically uses km/l only.

>>17804104
Any photos that can verify that you still do 250HP after the LPG conversion?

>>17804097
Do you even know what the octane rating on fuels indicate?
>>
>>17804020
>What's the highest average fuel consumption you are willing to accept?
4L/100km on gas
3L/100km on diesel
>>
>>17804111
So you drive a bike?
>>
>>17804108
I am yet to see a valid reason not to have an LPG system in your car except saving boot space.
>>
>>17804113
No, just a normal gas powered car.

My Motorcycle needs 2L/100km.
>>
my diesel bmw consumed 16.6 liters per 100km last winter
now it's down to 6.6l/100km
>>
File: IMG_1967.jpg (20KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1967.jpg
20KB, 512x288px
Daily reminder that if you get any more than 10 combined mpg and your car runs on anything less than pic related you do not drive a performance vehicle
>>
>>17804116
Also the motorcycle is a 80s 2-stroke with contact ignition and a carburettor.
>>
>>17804116
What car do you drive that you do 4L/100km on petrol in real world conditions?
>>
>>17804122
I need 3,7L/100km on my Aygo.
Why should I drive a car than needs more fuel for the same task?
>>
>>17804122
Mazda Imagination.
>>
>>17804114
Not him, but not being able to park in most underground parking lots sucks.
>>
>>17804127
This is a valid reason, if you are somewhere that follows the rules. I live in a third world shithole, so I am yet to be kicked out of parking lot because of it.
>>
>>17804119
>Hayabusa is not a performance vehicle
>>
File: IMG_1968.jpg (46KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1968.jpg
46KB, 384x384px
>>17804114
>have to run car dry and leave it airing out without spark plugs for 5 hours before switching fuel types
>lpg isn't available everywhere
>have to have a gay ass lpg sticker on your car
>make fuck all power and sound like shit
>be driving a bbq car (pic related is you)
>>
>>17804108
>LPG is shit because I say so!
Solid argument there.

>>17804110
>I have yet to visit an EU country that unironically uses km/l only.
Countries don't use it, people use it because it's easier to work with.

>Power after LPG conversion
Modern G3 Prins systems are warrantied to have identical power. Iirc the Dodge pickups actually get 401hp instead of 395 when they're retuned to run LPG.

>Octane rating
Octane is the resistance of a fuel to detonation. Higher octane means a tuner can be more aggressive on boost, fuel and ignition timing. Because of the duality of an LPG setup, you can have a 95 RON petrol tune, and then switch on to a 100 RON LPG tune.

>>17804119
>He doesn't run 100 RON
Plebians I tell you.

>>17804127
>Implying anybody does that
>Implying my truck fits in underground parking lots
>>
>>17804127
>>17804133
I regularly park in garages with those signs in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and France and never got in trouble for it.
>>
>>17804134
>car
>drive

>hyabusa
Legendary sports bike senpai but not a good counter argument
>>
>>17804135
>Implying you ever need to switch fuel types
>Implying LPG isn't available in first world countries
>Implying stickers are mandatory everywhere
>Implying LPG can't make more power
>Implying coal isn't superior for grilling
>>
>>17804135
>have to run car dry and leave it airing out without spark plugs for 5 hours before switching fuel types
What the fuck are you talking about?
You litteraly need to push a button on most systems.
>>lpg isn't available everywhere
That is true.
No.
I have been driving at top speed on LPG multiple times, it doesn´t realy change shit.
>>
>>17804135
wot?
>lpg isn't available everywhere
true
never has a car in the family had a sticker, but as said, I live in a shithole. So true again.
The newer gas injection systems don't hinder your power if tuned properly and if all else fails, just press the button to go to petrol
>I regularly park in garages with those signs in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and France and never got in trouble for it.
so this guy's post is moot.
>>
>>17804144
>>make fuck all power and sound like shit
>I have been driving at top speed on LPG multiple times, it doesn´t realy change shit.
The only thing that sounds different is the LPG pump in the back becoming noticeable if I floor it
>>
>>17804149
Some systems are pressure fed and don´t even require a pump.
>>
>>17804149
They sound more metallicy, like a slight ringing. Otherwise, not too much of a difference.
>>
>>17804140
>Countries don't use it, people use it because it's easier to work with.

Never heard anybody using km/l in germany.
where are you from anon?
>>
>>17804158
I probably don't notice it since Volvo has shielded away engine sound pretty good and the pump makes it impossible to hear small difference in the engine sound
>>
>>17804158
That sounds like the AFR isn't correct on those, which does happen on a lot of LPG engines since they're foten badly tuned.

A properly tuned example will make identical power, and will make the same power.

>>17804162
Netherlands, 500m from the German border.
>>
>>17804166
what a coincidence, I live 10km from the NL border
>>
>>17804166
Nah, the power is fine. It might be that, as it said that the nozzle size is too small, but I have heard it on "factory" fitted systems, too.
>>
>>17804166
>>17804167
Verdammt, ich wohne 10 m (nicht km) von der deutschen Grenze in den Niederlanden.
>>
>>17804167
>>17804171
NRW? Close to Limburg?

>>17804168
Nozzle size too small = lean AFR. Great for fuel economy, not for power. Certainly explains the tinny sound. On a factory install on a 5.7 Hemi, there's no noticeable difference.
>>
>>17804172
NRW? Close to Limburg?
Yes, but on the dutch side.
>>
>>17804172
We just fitted the system, so there are some adjustments to make, but it runs a whole lot smoother, although the engine is on 330k km almost, being driven it's whole life on LPG.

Also everything in the Netherlands is close to Germany.
>>
>>17804180
>Also everything in the Netherlands is close to Germany.
Not that close.
>>
>>17804110
>I have yet to visit an EU country that unironically uses km/l only.
You should visit Denmark some time. Eat some pork, pop some happy pills and enjoy our km/l.
Also, I get around 10 km/l in my 940 Polar and I regularly beat the fuck out of that car. 10 km/l is really the cutoff for me, though. Any less than that and it's not viable.
>>
>>17804020
Looking around for cars I have a hard time to accept gas cars that are advertised as 7l/100km (so 10l irl). 8l irl would be the max for me.
>current car uses 5.5l gas
>bike about 6l
>10min commute to work, half of that is autobahn
>>
>have to daily a V12
I have ascended beyond this mortal realm of worrying about trivial things like gas mileage or "ease of access" and simplicity.
>>
If it's a normal car, C segment petrol hatchback, I'd aim at an average consumption of 15-16 km/l with modern turbos.

If it's a sporty hatch or coupe up to 250 hp I'd look for 12 km/l.

Considered than a Giulia Quadrifoglio with 510 hp stands at 9 km/l (something more on highway) this is it.
>>
needs to be under 10l/100km highway and in the city shouldn't be over 14l/100km
>>
>>17804207
I'm driving to Denmark almost every month. Never saw anything about km/L tho...Once I tried to fill my tank there and had to pay by card. These fags "reserved" 3x the right amount since I had a foreign card and held the money for a week (it was on the 1st gas station on the highway from Germany). Never again will I tank there. So now I just get full tank near Flensburg and then another one on my way back. I had to hypermile the shit out of my car but it's worth it IMHO.

Also I don't really like your country. Hate the fake "happy" citizens. But then again I don't get into contact with Danish people that much and when I do I'm all the way up north and some say that northern Danish are indeed weird as fuck...
>>
>>17804417
>hypermile the shit out of my car
Most people don´t even know how to do that.
>not driving at maximum vacuum
>not slipstreaming the Semi
>not pumping up your tires to maximum sidewall pressure
>not shutting down engine during descent
>>
>>17804431
>not driving at maximum vacuum
I don't have a gauge for it fitted.
>not slipstreaming the Semi
Driving the speed limit on EU higways automatically means that you slipstream something 99.9% of time. Remember most of our reads are only 2 lane.
>not pumping up your tires to maximum sidewall pressure
I do that even when I don't hypermile
>not shutting down engine during descent
I don't think that's really necessary on any modern car. Also Denmark is pretty flat.
>>
>>17804443
>I don't have a gauge for it fitted.
OBD II
>Driving the speed limit on EU higways automatically means that you slipstream something 99.9% of time. Remember most of our reads are only 2 lane.
Not realy since semis are not allowed to overtake in some areas and are only allowed to drive 80 km/h.
Also slipstreaming requires a verry low distance to be more effective than a lower speed.
>I do that even when I don't hypermile
That´s the spirit.
>I don't think that's really necessary on any modern car.
It is, the engine sonumes fuel as long as it is runnig.
>Also Denmark is pretty flat.
As well as northwest germany.
>>
Naive amerifat here, never knew yall argued about LPG vs petrol.

With an ecocar I need at least 30 average with a heavy foot. Truck im happy with 15, pumped with 20+ (my 4x4 diesel gets 21 unloaded)

Sports car, luxury car, motorcycle? 0 fucks given.
>>
>>17804460
>economy car needs 30L/100km
That is more than a bridgeported, supercharged 4-rotor RX-7 in the city...
>>
>>17804459
>OBD II
You got me there. Truth is I'm lazy to do my research and buy something...
Not realy since semis are not allowed to overtake in some areas and are only allowed to drive 80 km/h.
>Also slipstreaming requires a verry low distance to be more effective than a lower speed.
Yeah, they can go 90 in here (so they do 100 usually). What I meant was that once you are in a heavy traffic during the day then it's no problem to just drive close to a semi. Overtaking will just fuck up your average so...
>It is, the engine sonumes fuel as long as it is runnig.
Well usually when I go downhill in Austria or Northern Italy I just go to neutral. Dunno how much fuel will the car take in neutral but I figured it won't be noticeable.
>As well as northwest germany.
True.
>>
>>17804468
>ell usually when I go downhill in Austria or Northern Italy I just go to neutral.

You would be better keeping it in a high gear, if the engine is being turned by the wheels most modern ECUs will cut the fuel completely, this is better than putting it in neutral or stopping the engine.
>>
>>17804463

I ment 30mpg.

I have no idea what 30l/100km would be haha.
>>
>>17804473
>most modern ECUs will cut the fuel completely
Not him, but mine doesn´t realy do that.
Since I deactivated power steering and I can lock my wheels up without the brakebooster, I see no reason to keep it running.
>>
>>17804473
But neutral will make me coast further even on small decline, no?
Dad has a 2017 VW in automatic and that thing goes to neutral by itself when in normal mode...
>>
>>17804477
>I have no idea what 30l/100km would be haha.
7,84 mpg
>>
>>17804417
Most of our major motoring publications as well as the general populace will use km/l as a rule.
>These fags "reserved" 3x the right amount since I had a foreign card and held the money for a week.
Was it a debit card? Because all stations pretty much do that here if you have a debit card. One of the only reasons I got a credit card, because I didn't want the hassle of pre-paying or going into the store period.
>Fake happy and northern Danes.
Yeah, most of the city folk love their fucking pills. It's become standard practice to shove that shit down peoples' throats for no reason at all. People up north are definetely fucked to the point they're barely Danes anymore. The majority of people there are upper middle class and most parts of the 'cultural elite'. Their main concern has always been and will always be, outwards appearances. That means living up to the state propaganda about us being the happiest people in the world at the expense of the genuine honesty that used to characterize us. Most Danes as a rule are pretty rude fucks, unless you fuck around Jutland or mid-Zeeland. Or if you're a tourist they want to sell some shit.
>>
>>17804484

Holy fuck kek, yeah thats drag car mileage.
>>
>>17804489
Was it a debit card?
Yeah, it was. Still it never happened to me in any other country.

Heh, you are actually the first one to admit that. I have friends and GF in Aalborg and man that city is fucked. I've never seen so many people doing drugs openly before and I'm from a country where everybody does drugs sometimes. What part of Denmark would you recommend me to visit? Also I don't care if people are rude or something. Brits are fucking cunts and I love them for it. Honesty (even if rude) is always better than fake smiles.

Also was it just me or are the people up north jealous as fuck? I have a shitbox but a rare and quite new shitbox and man I get so many angry looks every time I'm over there. I mean it's not my problem that you have to drive rusted peugeot since you can't afford anything else for fuck sake.
>>
>>17804506
Well, there's been a lot of problems with gyppos doing debit card fuckery and the gas companies want to be sure they get their pound of flesh.
I'm honest about it, because I'm like most 'normal' Danes. I'm fucking tired of the constant propaganda about how happy we're supposed to be. They shove it into our faces every two months or so, like there isn't anything else to be proud of that would actually be true. It's mostly so the government can tell us: "Sure, we have a gigantic tax pressure and an enormous, overbearing system that's about to collapse under its own weight. Sure, tax relief is only for the rich. But at least you're happy about it and if you ain't, go get some mirtazapram and get back to us."
Bigger cities are basically either gentrified to shit or containment zones for fuckfaces. The big three (copenhagen, aarhus and odense) are really bad, but provincial cities like roskilde and holbæk can be pretty shit as well. It does depend where in the cities you go, but most folks will have a very lazy and laissez-faire attitude towards boldfaced degeneracy. We also have an incredibly entitled subclass of drunkards and drug-addicts, because our system is one gigantic safety net for those scummy leech fucks. It's good we help people who've gotten fucked over by life, but so many of them are basically just what I call "professionally unemployed".
But if you want some nice, softly rolling hills and pretty decent people, I'd suggest mid-Zeeland. Lejre and roskilde both have some okay museums and sights. You want to experience proper Danes, visit the countryside. Just keep out of west- and south-zeeland, because those people are fucking animals. The south is where municipalities send all the criminal youths and the terminally undesireable.
>>
>>17804506
Also, a lot of the "prim and proper" Danes who vote for all the correct left-of-center parties and tell everyone how they have the opinions that are in vogue, are petty and envious shits.
Mostly you can divide them into two groups. The ones that hate you for having a car that isn't just older than theirs, but also has the gall to be in a better condition. Then there's the ones who are just angry because they've been browbeaten by their wife to get a peugeot 306 or a seat altea or a vw touran or some shit like that. Whenever I get near copenhagen or roskilde, I get angry looks, because my car is gigantic, bright red and in near-pristine condition. And the turbo is very loud. They hate people like us, because we remind them they chose the wrong priorities in their life.
>>
>>17804594
>>17804605
Thanks for the tips m8. I will try to visit some of these places at the end of the month when I have to go there again. Take care.
>>
>>17804020
My car is about 10-12L on E10, and 15L on E85.
I would probably not use to commute daily.
>>
>>17804668
No problem, man. Hope you catch some good sights and meet some nice people.
>>
>>17804697
How much will the care take when you use 98 octane petrol? I never use E10 since I guessed the fuel consumption would take such a hit that going for premium will actually save money?
>>
I drive so little that I'd have to do have a fuel consumption higher than 12L/100km or fuel economy lower than 20 mpg for it to make a painful difference on my budget. However fun only begins beyond that fuel consumption so it's not really of much help and until then it doesn't make much of a difference what car you drive. Up to that point cars aren't that exciting, and in fact there are even some boring old shitboxes getting that level of fuel economy.
>>
13-14L/100km in pic related

wondering how it'd be with LPG installed
>>
File: 2016-07-24 19.16.58.jpg (855KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-24 19.16.58.jpg
855KB, 1920x1080px
>>17804882
fuck im a retard
>>
>>17804885
That's a nice car desu
>>
>>17804882
Around 14-16L/100km
>>
File: Capture.png (625KB, 670x806px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
625KB, 670x806px
Im looking to one of these, it does 10 L/100km (28 MPG) but I like it
>>
>>17804885
Aw yee. That shit's from when Mitsus were at peak aesthetics. Sexy ride, anon.
>>
>>17804020
15l/100km

And that has to have at least 250 horsies

For a dd it's 11l, which is what I have right now.
>>
File: alfa-romeo-mito-2010.jpg (66KB, 645x465px) Image search: [Google]
alfa-romeo-mito-2010.jpg
66KB, 645x465px
>>17804020
I get like 8 combined in one of these. It's pretty ok T B H. Anything above 10 would be a no go for me.
>>
>>17804171
>>17804176
N R W REPORTING IN
>>
File: AAAAAAAAA.jpg (84KB, 1280x960px)
AAAAAAAAA.jpg
84KB, 1280x960px
>>17804020
>tfw my 4 cylinder shitbox gets 13.07L/100km
>>
For me is 5l/100 km maximum. Have Ford Focus Combi 1.6 TDCi (85kW), pretty decent ride for acceptable money. Now is the average consumption 4,2 l/100 km, trying to reach 4l/100km.
>>
>>17804760
E10 is already 95 octane with up to 10% ethanol.
Despite having a 3L V6 engine I never needed 98. Honestly I don't many cars built those last 20 years will benefit from 98 over 95 so E10 should be fine.
E85 on the hand burns faster, but it's like half the price.
>>
>>17804020
Italy reporting in with absurd prices per liter of gasoline, less so for diesel.
Anything doing less than 15km/l or about 6.6 l/100km is starting to get thirsty.

>>17805705
I've a mk1 Ford Focus 1.8 TDDi and I run between 4.2 and 3.8 l/100km with an inferior technology, you should step it up
>>
File: _SAW4641.jpg (618KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
_SAW4641.jpg
618KB, 1920x1080px
11.8 L/100 in the truck, 4.8 in the monster

My friend's triumph, I don't know what he gets.
>>
File: 1503714073195.jpg (23KB, 485x491px) Image search: [Google]
1503714073195.jpg
23KB, 485x491px
>>17805811
You must be the 1%
>>
>>17804431
>driving at max vacuum
I have always done this on cruising, but I've always assumed the best point to accelerate was zero vacuum/zero boost

>slipstreaming
One thing I'll never to in a car this low

>Pumping up your tires to maximum pressure
I have a 1500 dollar set of 265 nitto invos. Rolling resistance is going to be shit regardless and id rather have the grip for when I need it

>shutting off the engine while moving at all
Spooky
Also I'd rather the water pump was still running as engine braking down hills is the best cooling for my hot running pig iron v6

Dispite my lack of willingness to compromise I still have managed as low as 9.9L/100k in a near 300kw car

>>17804503
>>17804477
Not that bad really. My mates gtr got 90L/100km on the day we thrashed it around Hampton downs
>>
>>17804020
[chanting USA intensifies]

That is a decimal point.
>>
>>17806246
how is this real, did you just put your foot on the gas or are you running on one fucking cylinder
>drive 15 miles
"time to refuel"
>>
File: A7wM90f.jpg (38KB, 576x390px) Image search: [Google]
A7wM90f.jpg
38KB, 576x390px
How does 25L/100KM sound?
Because that's how I roll.
>>
>>17806285
How does spending $0.63 to $0.68 per mile on fuel sound? Because that's how you would roll here.
>>
>>17806272
It's very easy.
>Just finished replacing cylinder head on engine
>getting dark but don't fucking care
>turn key
>foot meet floor
>literally at no time were the back wheels not spinning.
>dirt lot donuts for about 5 minutes
>park and play with stuff
>see dis
My truck can do 13 miles of donuts.
>>
File: muh trug.jpg (641KB, 1920x1080px)
muh trug.jpg
641KB, 1920x1080px
>>17806301
Where at? Gas is cheap enough where I am to keep the utility and fun of the vehicle outweighing the cost.
>>
>>17806285
If you live where I live, you are better off taking taxis everywhere.
>>17806301
Holy shit, that's almost twice as expensive, as it is here.
>>
>>17806315
nice
>>
>not driving a big-ass american car in EU

Dat 17L/100km
But seriously, with the standard european daily being bleak as a swedish police drama an US-car is so refreshing around here. Especially if you cover over 800km on weekly basis.
>>
1 - 1.1L/10KM Volvo 940 LPT ~0.6-0.7 Bar

I could consider a car with worse mileage if it's a car I like. An 80's El Camino for example.
>>
>>17806441
US car +LPG system is not bad in yurop desu
eye catching yet decent on gas
>>
My golf gets avg 25mpg. How does that sound europoors? I only make 170bhp and yet guzzle fuel as much as a 290hp GolfR
>>
>>17806545
Like there is something very wrong with it.
>>
>>17806539
But you could get a nice car that gets 17L/100km rather than any american car.
>>
>>17806545

seems right if you have the 5 cyl. which is famous for having the power of a 4 but the consumption of a 6
>>
>>17804071
3.5 L/100km Dacia Sandero dCi master race reporting in.
>>
>>17806837
My V5 happily returned over 35mpg day in dqy out.
>>
>>17806837
Correct, that's the one, and it's very true, although I'm pretty happy with it overall, gas in US is cheap so while I wish I had a 1.8/2.0t, I'm okay with what I have till I can afford better
>>
>>17806855
holy shit, what year is it from?
>>
15l/100km on my 911. Wish it could be better but its a Porsche.
>>
>>17806217
>best point to accelerate was zero vacuum/zero boost
Not exactly, since your engine efficiency is not the highest at that point.
Just look at the bsfc graph (pic)
>One thing I'll never to in a car this low
Why?
>I have a 1500 dollar set of 265 nitto invos. Rolling resistance is going to be shit regardless
But with more pressure it will be significantly less shit.
I tried the on Heidenau K42 tires and got a 10 km/h difference in top speed between 2,5 and 4 bar of pressure.
>Spooky
Why?
>Also I'd rather the water pump was still running as engine braking down hills is the best cooling for my hot running pig iron v6
As long as the engine isn´t running it is not going to produce any heat at all.
It will just cool down as long as you don´t start it.
> as low as 9.9L/100k
That is not low by any deffinition.
I bet I could get it under 5L/100km.
>>
>>17808534
forgot pic
maximum is at 100
>>
File: IMG_1316.jpg (70KB, 498x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1316.jpg
70KB, 498x640px
>>17808534
Is that graph the same for a 3L VG30DETT though? Also from what I read on hypermling theory, you aren't supposed to accelerate at peak power with a high horse power engine as the efficiency of the engine at that rpm will be mitigated by the power it makes and thus the fuel it consumes

>why
Because I can't see what's ahead of him, and if traffic comes to a stop I'm going up his ass and underide guard law is lax here

>significantly less shit
I'll give it a go. I'm a bit worried though as more pressure means they take longer to heat up and this car is sketchy as it is

>why
Just creeps me out with no power steering and shit. Also what if I suddenly need power to avoid something? You need power for max steering ability in a rwd
Also if the engine isn't turning over, coolant is just sitting on the hot parts getting hotter and hotter not passing through the radiator

>that's not low
>twin turbo fair lady
>3L
>1994
>1.6 tonnes
>0.32 drag coefficient
>fuckhuge tires
>ecu remap from the 90s
>300KW
>twin turbo
>3L
If you could get 5 in that thing you would be the hypermiling Jesus
>>
>>17808735
>Is that graph the same for a 3L VG30DETT though?
Not exactly, but is pretty simmilar for gas engines, I`ll search for one that is more accurate.
>you aren't supposed to accelerate at peak powe
Indeed, since you are reving at a point with worse combustion, lower volumetric efficiency and rich air/fuel mixture.

Every engine has a sweet spot of brake specific fuel consumption, on the 1KR-FE it is 244g/kwh at 70Nm and 2800 rpm.
For that specific engine that means you want about 70 kPa intake pressure and shift in a way that keeps you around 2800 rpm to accellerate most efficient.
(70kPa absolute intake pressure since it is N/A and has about 100 Nm)

>ECU remap from the 90s
That can change everything, if it was done properly, it runs something like a 16:1 A/F ratio in the normal driving area. (low throttle and low to medium rpm)
If it is done the simple way, it jus runs 14,7:1 everywhere except for full throttle where it runs 13,5:1.

>more pressure means they take longer to heat up
It does since the steal less of your energy, if you want to go to the track release the pressure.

>no power steering
You don´t need it when driving.

>suddenly need power to avoid something
start the engine with the clutch and WOT

>need power for max steering ability in a rwd
As long as you don´t plan to drift your way to work, you get your highest cornering force with no throttle.

>coolant is just sitting on the hot parts getting hotter and hotter not passing through the radiator
Since no combustion is occuring the engine won´t produce any heat and therefore not heat up the coolant.
Engine block and coolant temperature are pretty much the same anyways.

>twin turbo fair lady
Not the most efficient engine, but that is not much of a problem.
>3L
Doesn´t matter for a hypermiler, pulse& glide can deal with that.
>1994
As long as you don´t neglect it too much, the car should be fine.
>1.6 tonnes
More mass to make pulse&glide efficient, I dont realy use the brakes anyway.
>>
>>17808813
>0,32 drag coefficient
Doesn´t sound all that bad.
>90s ecu remap
back when lean burn was a thing
>300 kw
pulse&glide
>>
>>17804020
15 city equals to 8 hwy. Poorfags and muh milage ruined cars. Buy a fucking 1.6tdi if u care about muh mileage.As long as it s not rx8 level i dun care about mileage
>>
>>17809135
I think you have that backwards
>>
>>17804020
I don't give a fuck about average fuel consumption, i like cars that slay puss
>>
>>17804020
5,4 litres/100km in my 1.9TDi PD
>>
When is car engine most efficient? When its at peak torque? Let's say I'm on highway and I can't shift any more and my engine peaks torque at 4000rpm and peaks hp at 8000rpm. How should I drive that car? Drive in such a way that I keep the car at 4000rpm?
>>
>>17810664
>When is car engine most efficient?
Midrange. Highest gear. Minimal load.
So grandma cruising on the highway. 55-60mph.
Efficiency generally takes a huge dump when you go >60.
>>
>>17808813
>>17808818
>For that specific engine that means you want about 70 kPa intake pressure and shift in a way that keeps you around 2800 rpm
Yeah that makes more sense. I've always shifted at 3k regardless of the car. I was afraid you were saying I should shift at 5k because that's where peak power is, it's pretty much impossible to stay in vacuum at that rpm

You actually seem like you know what you are talking about, I might give some of this a go, although pulse and glide would probably piss people off. I usually cruise at a constant 2krpm so 80km/h.

Also you would be surprised about the coolant thing, quite often you will find especially on a boosted engine that shutting it off will cause the water temp to continue to rise for a good few minutes, and while my water temp sits at 80, oil temp is more around 90-95
>>
File: zehaha.png (23KB, 219x231px) Image search: [Google]
zehaha.png
23KB, 219x231px
>>17804020

My E90 318i does 11l/100km in the city and 6,5l/100km outside of the city. Considering the fact that I don't drive that much ( I either work from home or just walk my way to an office ), fuel consumption is not that important for me.
But, if I were to choose, I'd say 15l/100km is enough.
I used to drive a Landcruiser 120 Prado 2.9 D-4D which ate 16-18l/100km ( depending on trafic ). That animal had to be taken to the petrol station every 2-3 days for a fill-up. And for the urban driving, a small and agile 1 litre Fiesta is much better than that living room on wheels.

>>17804051
I'm not a millionaire, but I don't care that much about the money. Remember, it's much better to look for ways of earning more rather than ways of saving more.

>>17804074
In the older days LPG was really a shit compromise for people too poor for proper fuel. LPG has come a long way since then, and now it's just as good as regular fuel, only that it needs shorter oil changes ( about 6-8k km is recommended for each oil change ) and that you need special oil for LPG. Since it's not a liquid, it can't cool the fuel pump and the general system of pipes. So you need an ultra-thin oil.
Ah yeah, most underground parking spaces don't allow LPG cars in.

>>17804118
the fuck u driving ?
>>
>>17804071
They told me, my car would get 4.4L/100km. No idea how they got this Number, i have Around 6~7L/100km with 40km Driving 5Days in a Week 34km on Ze Autobahn with a "Speedlimit" of 120kmh
>>
>>17807072
2014, but they depreciate like you wouldn't believe, despite the proven Clio running gear.
Meh, I took off all detachable panels/ rubber plugs and brushed/waxoiled to my hearts content. This little Dacia hatch will see me through for ten years at least. I like cars that have fuck all in them and this is as close as you can get to "80's toyotas" without the 3k insurance policies.
>>
>>17810911
The newer the car, the greater the deviation between claimed fuel economy and real fuel economy. Mine claims to use 6L and uses 7L, and that's with lots of town driving.
>>
>>17810874
Let me guess, your Prado was Automatic.
I used to have a 5 speed 3.0 DiD Pajero. 11L/100km was my average.

My friend had an automatic with the same engine. He used over 15L/100km.
>>
>>17809947
t. some cunt who wouldn't drive a nail, let alone his love truncheon into a woman's gash hole
>>
9.4 l/100km in my Focus ST.
9.1 l/100km in my Transit.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.