[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need /o/'s opinion on this: >have 1997 Toyota Celica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 39379064001_original.jpg (2MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
39379064001_original.jpg
2MB, 4288x2848px
I need /o/'s opinion on this:

>have 1997 Toyota Celica ST with a 1.8l 7A-FE motor with 260,000 miles on the odometer
>car was left out overnight with hood open in the rain
>car now has misfire on cylinder 3 but seems to come and go
>spark plugs, spark plug wires, and ignition coil all check out ok
>distributor rotor and distributor rotor cap were old stock parts, rusted out and rotor was missing chunks
>replace distributor rotor and distributor rotor cap
>car only runs slightly better, but still sputters occasionally

>If the car is idling, it will go from 900 and drop to 500 occasionally then back to 900
>while car is idling, and you slowly and gradually push gas pedal, the engine will rev smooth all the way to red line
>if car is idling and gas pedal is suddenly pushed all the way to the floor, it sputters and takes longer to reach redline while vibrating the whole car
>if driving around and RPM is at say, 2,000-2,500 and you punch the gas pedal, it accelerates smoothly with no sputters
>if stopped and idling, and suddenly punch gas, car struggles to build speed and feels like it's going to stall
>if cruising around at constant speed, car occasionally sputters and looses power, but stops after 2-3 seconds

My only other thoughts are the fuel injectors, the throttle position sensor, and/or the MAP sensor need cleaned/replaced but I fail to see how a little rain can suddenly make them dirty or non functional.

What does /o/ think the problem is?
>>
>>17801859
3k civic
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.