[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to buy a new car. Wanna know which of the two ya'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 2017 chevy cruze premier.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
2017 chevy cruze premier.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
Looking to buy a new car. Wanna know which of the two ya'll would recommend: Mazda 3 i Touring Hatch (2015 - 2017) OR Chevy Cruze Hatch Premier (2017)

I'll end up paying 14 - 17k with either one after trade ins and talking them down and all that, but im anticipating getting the cruze cheaper. There's one listed at a local dealer brand new for 20,000 when originally they go for nearly 30 at the premier trim level. So that's particularly appealing. There is also an LT lower trim model for 15,000. Could probably snag that for 5, but I'd lose some amenities...

With the Mazda 3 I'd most likely spend a similar amount. There's a used 2015 i touring for 16 at a local-ish dealer. 7k miles on it so it is like new but, for similar money the Cruze is new. However I do prefer the exterior styling of the mazdas and they appear to be better drivers, performance wise. 2 liter vs 1.4 liter. Both come with Bose sounds systems. Identical gas mileage. however the cruz has heated seats all around and has 4g lte hot spot. Both also seem to have very similar infotainment shit. real tough desicion here. I suppose it comes down to that the mazda looks nicer on the outside, and has a slight performance edge to the cruze.

What do you guys think?
>>
I think the Mazda will hold it's value better and be a better car overall. There's a reason the new Cruze is so cheap new. They depreciate like turds and aren't really built with lasting in mind.

I was tempted by the new Cruze too when I saw the price the hatches are going for right off the truck, but for another grand or two you can have a civic hatch turbo so just can't justify it.

Mazda has already depreciated a bit so will depreciate slower and still be reliable and nice.
>>
>>17799149
the mazda. ive been looking at used cars and the mazda holds value so well that I cant afford to buy a used one because its too expensive. it almost makes sense to buy new cuz the used ones are so expensive
>>
>>17799161
are mazdas relatively reliable? being an import its always a worry of mine that repairs would be costly. I had a bmw 750 that really broke my wallet for sure. I know germans and bimmers in particular are pricey but I just want to avoid that again. I know chevy shit is dirt cheap after owning a blazer and repairing it several times. It also comes down to getting a brand new car vs a car with some miles on it. granted 7-8k miles is hardly anything, it still isnt brand new. Where for the the same price i could get a brand new vehicle with a warranty.
>>
one bump before bed
>>
The mazda is probably more fun
>>
Hey guys, does anyone have any more input? Maybe some owners could chime in ff there are any on here?
>>
Definitely the Mazda. Much better interior and better QC all around.
>>
>>17799149
None. Fix your current car or get a civic for 3k or get something actually good for all that money.
>>
>>17799180
I'd say go Mazda 3, test drove one 2016 and was really set on it till price. That just mean it seems to hold value better I think.

Reliability wise it's not as proven as other econobox after splitting from Ford. Maybe try asking the hard question and see anyone has had any major to catastrophic failures w/ the model for respective years.
>>
>>17799254
>>17800488
>>17799175
>>17799161
damn boys, mazda all around on here. No love for GM. There's no doubt they've improved in the past few years. Is there any argument that could be made for the chevy or against the mazda? I mean the chevy does have an interior technology edge over it. And hey it does look nice inside the car. I need someone to really analyze the cars and give me an in depth answer. I've ben researching both too long so i need an outside opinion or something
>>
>>17800498
They're both shit
>>
>>17800508
good argument. why?
>>
>>17800580
because they're econoboxes. The whole point of an econobox is to cost as little to operate as possible. Spending 14-17k on one plus higher insurance and property tax is stupid. Get something nicer for the same price or just get a clean stock civic for 3k.
>>
>>17800498
Gm is hated almost universally these days desu.and there is a reason for it, their cars are slapped together shitboxes from the factory with the absolute worst stereo system I've ever used. I liked the infotainment in my 2002 x type more than my mom's srx. (All gm cars use the same infotainment.)
Mazdas been on a winning streak lately and I don't say that because I own a 1990 miata I say that because everyone else says it. Their interior quality is excellent, they all drive nicely, they look nice. They're just better quality cars. If I had to buy a new econobox (I wouldn't but if I did) id buy a Mazda 3 hands down
>>
>>17800871
>get a clean stock civic for 3k
Yeah because non molested civics exist.
>>
>>17801448
They do.
>>
>>17799149
>buying a hatch and considering anything other than a fit.

kys
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.