[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are the 80's rx7s? Anyone have opinions on the rotary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image-3638856560.jpg (55KB, 799x597px) Image search: [Google]
image-3638856560.jpg
55KB, 799x597px
How are the 80's rx7s? Anyone have opinions on the rotary engine? Looking in to maybe getting one like this
>>
Great candidates for an SBC swap.
>>
>>17795109
The only one I found in good enough condition and at the price I wanted to pay, someone bought it before I could.

I look for them almost every day on Craigslist, but they're all either beat to shit.

If you want to SBC it I guess your options open up a bit more, but I want mine to be clean and stock.
>>
>>17795134
I see. I don't think I would do an SBC swap. Not for a while anyways, but if you've looked into them a bit what are your opinions on the rotary? I've heard mixed things online and from people I know
>>
>>17795170
Never owned one, but I've done enough reading to lead me to believe I'd be able to maintain and take care of it enough to reliably drive it.

I would anticipate a rebuild at some point in the future, but hopefully that'd be after you learned some of the kinks, and were ready to build it up anyway.

Basically I'm gonna budget ~2k for the car, in decent running condition, and ~5k more for a rebuild in the next two to five years if it goes well. And, since we're talking a project here, we might as well double it and understand we're probably going to make it a 10k+ investment.
>>
>>17795216
Fair enough, thanks for the input
>>
Prioritize body and interior condition, and rebuild/replace the engine if necessary. Mechanical issues can be very tough to work out, but they're great for leverage when negotiating with a seller.
>>
>>17795109
>REW
>>
i almost bought one like 6 months back, was fun as fuck when i test drove it. light as hell and handled great, felt connected to road real well. no power steering.

but i had a jack in my truck and i could see the owners face pucker when i pulled it out. floor was rotted.

sux
>>
>>17795109
If it's healthy when you get it and you properly take care of it you should be fine,but a problem those old rotoraies have is the oil squirters get clogged so it makes premixing your fuel 100% necessary
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.