[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I actually heard that installing a blow-off valve is a bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 717g3Q5v+IL._SY450_.jpg (26KB, 330x450px) Image search: [Google]
717g3Q5v+IL._SY450_.jpg
26KB, 330x450px
So I actually heard that installing a blow-off valve is a bad thing. Can anyone explain to me why is that? I thought losing pressure, instead of letting the turbo surge is a good thing?

I'm mostly asking this in case of turbo Subarus but apparently it's true for other turbo cars as well.
>>
File: 1503081939507.jpg (28KB, 299x199px) Image search: [Google]
1503081939507.jpg
28KB, 299x199px
>>17789645
>>
>asking for Subarus

Subaru guys correct me because I'm going off of what I read in 2007, so I'm more than likely wrong. It's because the engine comes stock with a bypass valve that recirculates the pressure back into the intake system when you let off the throttle. A regular BOV goes straight out.

The fuckery comes due to where the MAF is placed on Subbies, this fucks hard with the ECU when you have a BOV installed and makes your ECU cause your engine to run rich for a split second.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
Eh bad or not sound is too orgasmic to not install it
>>
>>17789660
This is correct
>>
>>17789660
Not just Subarus, everything modern has this MAF setup resulting in a loss of metered air.
>>
So with that out of the way, can we discuss compressor surge then and if that's just a meme or not?

From my understanding from just lurking over the years at various forums, the surge people love hearing (like 2JZ's with no BOV's) isn't actually the surge that will result in a BTFO motor, is that true?

Video of the tu-tu-tu-tu-tu "surge": https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/world-41077102?SThisFB
>>
>>17789817
It is I think.

>>17789660
Just kill me senpai. A non flutter and no BOV sound turbo is boring as hell.
>>
File: Ok58l4J.jpg (279KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
Ok58l4J.jpg
279KB, 1024x717px
>>17789817
Get that pidgin shit the fuck out of here.

Fuck.
>>
File: pics 030.png (395KB, 599x593px) Image search: [Google]
pics 030.png
395KB, 599x593px
>>17789837

I'm baked, read your comment, didn't understand what the hell you were talking about, reread my comment and had a good laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6I7_Or4w7c

fuck me dead sorry, wrong link, so that sound, is that bad for the engine? Is that surge?
>>
>>17789881
Surge. It's the same shit Audi Quattro is known for.
>>
A friend of mine wanted to install a blow-off valve on his diesel 1.4l Pegeout 206,
because with the cold-air intake, air-temperature sensor disconnected and the ECU remapped,
the car was making too much power and since blow-off sound cool it must add power as well.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.