[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it hurt an automatic drivetrain to not use the ebrake? Every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2042.jpg (1MB, 2680x2665px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2042.jpg
1MB, 2680x2665px
Does it hurt an automatic drivetrain to not use the ebrake? Every time I park without it, the car rolls a little bit until the slack is pulled out of the drivetrain and it's tensioned. I always wondered if that was doing any damage to the car.
>>
you only need it if its dsg
>>
>>17788116
It is in fact DSG. The roll is pretty noticeable on my gti
>>
in my dad's bmws it always rolled like you describe with the ebrake on or off in the park "gear" and i always wondered what the fuck the point of the ebrake was if it moves anyway
>>
>>17788127
BMW E-brakes have to be ripped upwards with the force of a thousand suns to actually hold the car on a slope of more than a degree
>>
File: 1497999475443.png (91KB, 620x406px) Image search: [Google]
1497999475443.png
91KB, 620x406px
>>17788144
it was a foot ebrake, very easy to put way down and every service it was never discovered to be loose or anything, so i think maybe i just don't get it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (165KB, 1646x926px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
165KB, 1646x926px
>>17788110
I'd rather not hang the entire weight of the car on this little chunk of metal
>>
File: Anton_Yelchin.jpg (14KB, 220x311px) Image search: [Google]
Anton_Yelchin.jpg
14KB, 220x311px
>>17788110
They're generally engineered to take the strain. The only thing that hurts is the park pawl. Weather you trust a french fry sized piece of metal to hold your 4000lb chunk of metal is your call. I've had cars and trucks slip out of park before.
>>
>>17788110
I always use it on any kind of slope, that's what it's there for
>>
I've never used mine and haven't had an issue yet. Although the only reason I don't use it, is because the previous owner never did and I'm afraid of it seizing.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.