[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that this thing has officially been confirmed for 2018, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Now that this thing has officially been confirmed for 2018, what are your thoughts on it?
>>
i think they just want to see if there's interest for a sportier passat without stepping on audis toes
>>
>>17788077
This is the first I'm hearing of it, passats are alright but they're big and heavy so I'm kind of interested how this will work
>>
>>17788082
There is definitely a market for these kinds of "souped up" normie cars. People who can't yet afford a luxury car brand, but have enough money for one of these things are becoming more and more common. I see a ton of "Sport" versions of cars on the road which just appear to be the performance editions of less exciting cars.

The real question is, will VW actually change the car up? The only difference to performance currently is a suspension alteration of 6 inches, and that was probably an aesthetic choice anyway. Why didn't they hit 300hp? That certainly would've gotten the attention of buyers. AWD? Anything?
>>
>>17788077
>dsg only
into the trash it goes.
>>
>>17788082
They've made fast Passats in the past, they never sell. They even put a W8 in one.
>>
>GT
So, like a GTI but no direct injection?
>>
The R-Line passat is pretty nice, but it doesn't actually have any extra performance. Just a visual package. Kinda considering getting it
>>
>>17788117
i think they might go with actual performance if there's enough demand,that's why they started with something very minimal
they could at least give it non haldex awd (4motion?) and beef up their v6 a bit(to be better than the r36 anyway),i'd honestly buy one just for those simple changes

>>17788130
yeah but other than the terrible w8 and r36,was their any actual attempts?
>>
File: passat variant r line.jpg (66KB, 750x552px) Image search: [Google]
passat variant r line.jpg
66KB, 750x552px
>>17788077
>Chinese Passat
No thanks.
>>
>>17788388
>tfw passat wagons will never come to the states

why bother living?
>>
It's still slower than a Civic.
>>
>>17788130
>W8

Was still slow with that slow revving pig
>>
>>17788077
They used to put a 280HP 6 cylinder in the Passat with 4 motion and it was reasonably sporty.
>>
>>17788221
>they could at least give it non haldex awd (4motion?) and beef up their v6 a bit(to be better than the r36 anyway),i'd honestly buy one just for those simple changes
4Motion nowadays is literally Haldex, although Haldex has come a long way since the mk4 Golf. They'd have to develop a completely new AWD system if they didn't want to use Haldex for the Passat, or start using Audi platforms and drivetrain again like with the B5.

>>17789380
The R36 even made 300hp.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.