[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of this fucking monstrosity? Looks legit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

What does /o/ think of this fucking monstrosity? Looks legit retarded and will probably cause more congestion than just having a few stop lights.

>Not building clovers

http://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatures/20170815/calgarys-innovative-traffic-solution/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Display&utm_content=Native-NF-20170816_Calgary_Traffic_Solution&utm_campaign=CA-DSP-DM-EN-CONTENT
>>
File: 1433440579548.jpg (14KB, 193x257px) Image search: [Google]
1433440579548.jpg
14KB, 193x257px
On first glance it seems really intelligent because each traffic light only has two sequences anymore and everything else being merges or yields.

However you could've just as well built two roundabouts, or even a single big one if you need to build two bridges anyway.
>>
>>17787291
too complex when a roundabout achieves the same fucking objectives
>>
>>17787291
i think outside of america it could work
>>
>>17787291

Someone looked at this and said "yeah i will use public funds to build that".

On the other hand, how often will you ever look at it from above to care how it looks?
>>
They just built a few of these near me and I was very skeptical at first. But after using them for about a year (my interstate exit has one) they actually work very well. The time I spend merging onto or off of the interstate during rush hour is definitely less than half of what it was when the intersection was a standard exit. Now, I'm not sure that they're much more efficient than a roundabout would have been. They definitely would be if you were allowed to turn right on red when going from the interstate to the regular road, but there are no turn on red signs.

tldr - Driving on these every day has made me a believer in the diverging diamond.
>>
>>17787386
>>17787311
Roundabouts don't do heavy traffic very well
>>
Like anything of its ilk (roundabouts, magic or otherwise, spaghetti junctions, chicanes, mini-roundabouts, speedbumps etc.) /o/tards will claim vehemently that it will make the situation worse but, as always, the empirical data will refute their claims.

Smart people have put a lot of time and effort into designing these things. You are not smart and you do not understand traffic management. Do not dissent. Do not question the state.
>>
>>17787945
Every roundabout that's been put up in my city has resulted in accidents increasing tenfold and traffic flow being quartered at the very least. The only reason they haven't reverted them yet is because no one lives here and they don't have the taxpayer money to do it because they blew it all on building these fucking things.

Within the past few years you can find a couple articles detailed how New Jersey has tried removing all their old jughandle intersections for example because they're fucking retarded. I don't know the finer details of that though.
>>
This is probably now the most dangerous area of the country.

Alberta drivers are fucking HORRIBLE and Calgary is a complete shithole where there is no roads only highways, so you get on a highway to go 3 blocks away.

Everyone is going to die on that road.
>>
File: 1503777515885.jpg (131KB, 525x809px) Image search: [Google]
1503777515885.jpg
131KB, 525x809px
>>17788027
Good. The more Leafs that rake each other the better
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.