[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What year/model prius is the best and why? Yeah I know the batteries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

What year/model prius is the best and why?

Yeah I know the batteries are bad for the environment and after about 100k miles it'll be replaced.

>I like it anyway and don't give a fuck
>If there is a better hybrid for my $$$ let me know i'll research it.
>>
The newer the better.
>>
As a Toyota Tech, people still maintain mostly 2nd and 3rd Gen prius hybrids. First Gen is ugly and cramped.
2nd is dated and still relies on the engine to run for A/C but was the most aerodynamic.
I've seen 3rd Gen Prius hit 200k with their original HV battery. The Aux Battery seems to crap out ever 2 years or so.
I dislike the current Prius and hate the look of the Prime.

If I had to choose, the current Prius C or a 3rd Gen Non-plugin Normal prius would be it.
>>
>>17783107
get a volt instead. zero gas usage if you drive under 35 miles a day, or 70 if you can charge at work.
>>
>>17783737
I love the new interior of the primes, but that's just me.
I agree the 3rd gen is what I see most, the aux batteries are junk even from the dealer. The mufflers like to rot out, but I've seen a few over 300k and many in the high 100s-200k without much issue.
May just be my area or Prius drivers in general but they all end up with the old person mold smell inside after 50k regardless of year.
>>
>>17783846
That's the evaporator. Toyota sells a foam injection spray that get rid of the old man smell. Works very well.

The new prius is way to plastic looking to me inside.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.