[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These threads are always fun. >blob eye wrx >vr6 gti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: battleroyale.png (3MB, 1474x851px) Image search: [Google]
battleroyale.png
3MB, 1474x851px
These threads are always fun.

>blob eye wrx
>vr6 gti (12v or 24v), mk3 vr6 is also on the table
>turbo sw20 mr2
>zzw30 mr2

Im looking at buying a new car come spring time, and all of these cars can be found local to me for around the same price in good condition. My budget is 6-7k, but i have a few grand leeway in either direction. Im looking for a car I can dump money into long-term, as a weekend toy/backup daily. Whichever one I get will end up being heavily modified in the future.

I know these are all very different cars, and without making the OP a tl;dr ill just say there are factors about each that appeal to me. Convince me to settle on one, cuz i have a good long while to think about it
>>
>>17782342
Id say STI if you have the money to tune it so it doesn't blow up.
>>
>>17782357
blob eye sti's in my area go for 2-3 times more than a standard wrx. i dont think its worth it, and desu if im dropping 15k-18k on a used car id rather get an frs
>>
>>17782362
Just get an 03-06 dude. You really can't find an STI for like 7k in your area? It's fine if you can't, just surprised
>>
File: ricebois.png (508KB, 1317x313px) Image search: [Google]
ricebois.png
508KB, 1317x313px
>>17782371
Rice tax must be pretty bad here cuz the white one being the cheapest is also the most clapped out
>>
>>17782342
If you live somewhere with corners and fun roads then the zzw30 is hard to beat for fun.
an easy swap for a 190hp 2zz engine and then can FI it from there.

If you live on broken , pot holed roads go for the wrx
>>
>>17782434
I live in an interesting area. Almost all of the driving I do on a daily basis is awfully boring city/highway travel, but there are really fun areas in MD that definitely suite the type of driving the zzw30 is equipped for. A turbo 1zz or 2zz swap would eventually be on the table as well
>>
File: 1503207095023.jpg (189KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
1503207095023.jpg
189KB, 1024x678px
>>17782342
>Im looking for a car I can dump money into long-term, as a weekend toy/backup daily. Whichever one I get will end up being heavily modified in the future.
Your meme chariot awaits
>>
>>17782569
All of my friends drive 5.0 stangs, modded sti's and boosted 3.8 genesis coupe's. Id only be slightly butthurt because there's no way i can hang with them on a highway unless i drop some serious cash into it

What if I got a cheap spyder and just did an engine rebuild/turbo, or high comp 2zz?
>>
>>17782681
So then take them out to the tooj sometime.
>>
>>17782761
I definitely will. Id actually be really interested to see how an mr2 deals with cars with 2-3 times the hp
>>
>>17782396
Steering wheel is on the wrong side that's all.

Get a RHD one, cheaper.
>>
>>17783910
Almost anything rhd of that year is not legal in the states
>>
File: PORSCHEBoxster-986--2854_7[1].jpg (444KB, 1024x821px) Image search: [Google]
PORSCHEBoxster-986--2854_7[1].jpg
444KB, 1024x821px
>>17782342
For 7 grand I'd personally be looking at one of these. It's like a ZZW30 except not as light and nimble, but more powerful, infinitely more practical and more comfortable. The front half is basically identical to a 996 so it can use almost all of that aftermarket, and maintenance costs aren't bad at all as long as you don't take it to a stealership for every little thing.

Out of the ones you listed though, I guess SW20 or ZZW30 with a 2ZZ. The VR6 Golfs are incredibly nose-heavy (they sound great though) and the WRX is more of a daily driver that can double as a weekend warrior rather than the other way around.
>>
just get an sw20 desu
great handling
fantastic looks
lightweight
and you get a 3sgte which is a really solid engine
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.