[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absolute noob here. Posted a while back about my NX2000. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20160615_192126.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160615_192126.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Absolute noob here. Posted a while back about my NX2000. The engine in my NX2000 had a rod blown through it. I'm looking at swapping an SR20DET from an s13 240sx. However, there is almost no info on this swap on the web. The only swap that I could find that had a lot of info was the gtir swap. However, 240sx parts are much more available. I just want to know if the 240sx swap is even feasible. /o/ please guide me!

P.S. I was also looking at a VG30DETT from a 300zx.
>>
You'd be better off finding an SR20DE from like an Almera N12 or something like that and turboing that and putting it in the NX
>>
Bumping for OP
I'm curious about this too
>>
>>17778429
and by N12 I mean N15 sorry I'm high
>>
>>17778429
>>17778448

lol No prob man. Why do you say that if you don't mind me asking? I forgot to add that I really want it to be RWD more than anything. AWD if I can't do that, but certainly not FWD.
>>
File: 1502818142851.jpg (38KB, 816x404px) Image search: [Google]
1502818142851.jpg
38KB, 816x404px
Bumping for more input
>>
>>17778417
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 240sx S13 never come with the SR20DET?

I'm pretty sure that the 180SX got the SR20 while the 240sx got the KA24.
>>
>>17778467
You can't make your car rwd.
>>
>>17778904

It's been converted to awd before. Why not rwd?
>>
>>17778889

You're right. I misread it.
>>
>>17779015
Do you know what sort of AWD system? Is the engine mounted longitudinally or transversely?

If the engine is longitudinal then forget your dreams of RWD. Pain in the ass.
>>
>>17778417
>noob

>>>/2009/
>>
>>17779015
Because the GTi-R swap was made possible by the fact it's out of a Pulsar, similar platforms. You're like the first poster said, better off getting a FWD SR20 from some N platform or B platform car, seeing as you're calling it a 2000NX, I'm assuming you're in America so your best bets without importing would be a 200SX SE-R (Like a two door sentra from the same time frame as your car).

Could you make it RWD? I mean yeah with a fucking shit ton of fabrication experience I can tell from how you're talking you don't have, I mean look at the various RWD and even fucking Mid Engined Civics and Del Sol's are out there, that didn't really go in with parts from a platform mate, but people did it, but it sure as fuck wasn't easy.

I mean sure you can theoretically nigger rig a RWD set up out of the GTi-R drivetrain like some have done with say the RWD evo's out there, to solve the issue of getting the engine in easier, but why?

>>17779274
Pulsar GTi-R so transverse.

>>17778889
You're correct, the only cars to get SR20's in the US (and all naturally aspirated) were the 200SX SE-R, 2000NX and Infiniti G20 as far as I know.
>>
>>17778417
You might be able to do an SR20DET as SR20DE's were offered in FWD configs (Pulsar/Sunny/Almera) but good fucking luck with a VG30.

>>17778467
>rwd

Unless the floorpan has provisions for a gearbox, driveshaft, differential etc good fucking luck converting it to RWD.
>>
The RWD SR20 from an S13 won't work in your NX2000. Fortunately, you can get a FWD engine for pretty cheap on ebay.

Don't worry about the VG30 route. It's probably possible with a healthy budget, just like anything. But, if you have to ask...
>>
post that sexy gauge cluster
>>
>>17779909
This, if you have to ask...ehhh.

Plus while yeah there's FWD VG30 set ups and I'm not gonna sit here and spout memes about the Motor, but it's not really worth it, you honestly wouldn't gain that much aside from weight.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.