[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are emissions laws more good than harm? I'm a libertarian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: howtofightspeedbumps.png (38KB, 1866x210px) Image search: [Google]
howtofightspeedbumps.png
38KB, 1866x210px
Are emissions laws more good than harm?

I'm a libertarian and I see where emissions laws do more harm than good, for example ethanol in gasoline or complex exhaust recirculation systems mandatory on every vehicle.

But at the same time the smell of diesel on a highway can be just too much for me.
>>
>>17777575
In the long run things have to change. No new ICE cars will be produced 100 years from now.
But right now, I don't care.
>>
We should be focusing on finding new planets to inhabit, not trying to save one planet that will die one day. That's why I think all this green push is useless. The amount of money we waste to prolong life on this planet could help us kickstart life on many different planets.
>>
>libertarian
>on /o/, a vehicle hobby board, where roads are important (hi /org/)
wtf
>>
>>17777626
We /deadspace/ soon.
>>
I have no problem with emission laws, (and i an a libertarian lite at least), because it is indeed something that affects everybody. However, i think punishing consumers is shitty. Yell at the manufacturing company, not the consumer.

On that note though, safety standards are killing the new car market. I just found out the other day that we had cars capable of 50 mpg at one point before all this shit. Like, what the fuck? These safety standards also killed the Viper. The only minimum safety standards should be those that prevent your car from becoming a fucking death missile if you hit somebody. It isn't the government's job to protect me from myself.

>>17777669
Not everybody who is libertarian is against a uniform government service.
>>
>>17777669
Le no road fallacy
>>
>>17777575
I like the idea of libertarianism, and letting people be as free as possible so long as that doesn't infringe on others freedoms.

I don't like the emissions situation from an automotive enthusiast perspective.

However, leaded gasoline is a good example of using a fuel that poisoned the environment and infringed on others freedoms, emissions crap falls into that same vein, I do think some of it is going to far, but on the same hand gasoline, additives, NOx all have detrimental effects on the environment.
>>
>>17777575
what are those "emission laws" every burger is speaking of?
>>
>libertarian
I used to be an idealist too.
>>
File: 1380347308212.gif (612KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1380347308212.gif
612KB, 245x245px
>>17777626
that's a terrible idea. humans are garbage. we shouldn't spread this vile race any further.
>>
>>17777952
You don't get to decide my fate you cuck
>>
>>17777960
You're going to die long that ever will happen. Assuming it even happen does you retard. it doesn't matter anyways because you won't exist. also im not white. i can't be a cuck
>>
>>17777966
I'm going to live forever, I'm a vampire. I'm immortal.
>>
File: 1474863713534.jpg (82KB, 960x934px) Image search: [Google]
1474863713534.jpg
82KB, 960x934px
>>17777971
>tfw no vampire bf
why Live?
>>
>>17777575
Yes, it's a federal offense to remove the catalytic converter and i turn people in that removed it. I actually like my lungs and plan to breath for more than 10 years
>>
It depends on how you rank good and harm for the environment and the same for mpg/power.

There's no doubt that emissions laws are good for the environment and health reasons, but they do hamper mpg/power outputs.

Disregarding egr and air systems, cats and the like, let's talk for a minute about this 14.7 afr that everyone tries to hit. One big reason (besides power falloff) cars don't run super lean ratios from the factory is that he leaner you run the more hydrocarbons are emitted. Now you can build an engine to take the heat increase from running lean (like 18:1+ lean), but the government won't let you because it's super horrible for emissions.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.