[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Mitsubishi still producing the 2015 Evo or did they just not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Mitsubishi Lancer website.png (198KB, 828x622px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsubishi Lancer website.png
198KB, 828x622px
Is Mitsubishi still producing the 2015 Evo or did they just not update their website?
>>
>>17777107
dont see why they would, id imagine a lot of their dealers still have them though.
>>
>>17777107
Probably can't build anymore, just buy whatever is left
>>
>>17777107
They're not, but some dealers are still selling Lancer Evo final editions since Mitsubishi decided to stop making them (fucking retards)
>>
Still a fuckton of unsold Evos out there.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=t63775&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=90002&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&minMileage=30000&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true
>>
>>17778264
They're unsold for a reason
>>
>>17778325
Why? Expensive yet still looks like a old shit box inside?
>>
Is the final model any good?

Also, why did Mitsubishi stop making the Evo?
>>
>>17778391
No one is going to buy a car with no future developments from the manufacture, especially an unreliable one.

I like the evo doe
>>
>>17778225
>fucking retards
yes
>>
>>17779702
>the evo is unreliable
explain
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 2048x1360px
I honestly think Mitsubishi should take a gamble and get into the RWD coupe market that has been resurrected by the Slowbaru. Since the Lancer Evo has been discontinued in favor of a fucking crossover, the Starion successor could use the same underpinnings, the same engine and turbo, and the same drivetrain as the Evo, and also come in RWD configuration. Call it the Starion ][, and capitalize on the whole neo-80s/ a e s t h e t i c crowd.
>>
>>17778391
That's about it. It's an expensive boyracer platform, but most people with the money for it want an upmarket commuter that'll hold their hand when they try and park.

>>17779757
Cashed-up boyracer buys one, thrashes it, offloads it to a poorer boyracer and it blows up. Or they blow it up themselves and blame the manufacturer. It's the SR20 all over again; not as durable as the KA24 and it sounds like something out of a tractor, but most failures were caused by fully sikk eBay mawds.

Similarly, the WRX is given shit for it's "glass transmission" when it blows after a lifetime of hundreds of second gear pulls cold and the owner peels out of every Maccas drive-thru and 7/11 carpark to impress the underage girls staffing them.
>>
>>17779757
Complicated drivetrain and overboost = boom
>>
>>17778264

top kek
>>
>>17779813
> when it blows after a lifetime of hundreds of second gear pulls cold and the owner peels out of every Maccas drive-thru and 7/11 carpark to impress the underage girls staffing them.

my sides
>>
>>17779838
This is the average WRX owner here that isn't a Maccas manager. A state down and it's all Lebanese in stolen bugeyes, but they still do the same sort of shit and make the same sort of complaints.

For reference the average Maccas manager either owns (financed or leased) a new WRX, SV6 Commodore, last generation's bottom trim 3 Series, or a GT86/BRZ.
>>
>>17779757
>he has never dealt with Mitsubishi transmissions
consider yourself blessed.
>>
>>17779838
Unfortunately this is prob true in most cases.

>Modern cars
>Unreliable

It has a good engine that's fundamentally almost indentical to the 4G63, albeit aluminium instead of iron block.

>>17779898

>muh transmission

It's usually the transfer case that goes. There are many stupid people in this world, and I'm sure the majority of car owners are unaware of the laws of physics, and the concept of engineering or mechanics is beyond their grasp. There are kids with 600hp evos and no issues, and others manage to break their stock unmodded ones.

Most people don't even give their engine a few mins to warm up before redlining it, or carry out regular oil changes, you think they're going to take any precautions against damaging their transmission in a 1600kg sedan with one of the best 4wd systems in the world?
>>
File: IMG_20170721_191736.jpg (2MB, 4640x2610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170721_191736.jpg
2MB, 4640x2610px
>>17779693
The final edition had minor, generally useless upgrades that don't justify the price difference of a regular Evo. A tune will easily go beyond the Final Edition numbers. The 2015 models including the Final Edition doesn't have Recaro seats.

Mitsubishi high ups generally have lost interest in making cars. They killed their racing program a while ago and bet on econocars. That bet failed hard. Gas got cheap, and their econocars are behind in competition. They're dying a slow death.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.