[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've had a really shit night /o/ My '01 Neon (yes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160930_164405618.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_164405618.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I've had a really shit night /o/

My '01 Neon (yes I know its a shit mobile) had its transmission line that runs to the radiator get a hole in it.

What I need to know is how to properly seat the transmission fluid lines running to and from the radiator on the nozzles that come out of the radiator.

The radiator essentially has 1/2 inch wide and 2 inch long nozzles coming out that the transmission fluid runs in and out of, the hoses that go on these are extremely tight and very difficult to get on, I can only get them about a half inch then clamp them on due to how tight they are the the fact the nozzles are raised around the edge presumably to the clamps don't slip off.

Is there some trick to this, do I need to bring it to a mechanic?

Please help, I'm really miserable right now and covered in transmission fluid
>>
>>17775780

Did you try lubricating the ends of the hoses before slipping them over the nozzle? Use something that will gum up later like WD40
>>
>>17775787
Damn things are fucking pouring transmission fluid, believe me, they're lubed
>>
File: IMG_20160520_073758764 (1).jpg (521KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160520_073758764 (1).jpg
521KB, 2560x1440px
bump
>>
i have a cat just like that and also drive a dodge
>>
>>17775780
If it really won't fit, maybe you just need slightly bigger hose?
>>
>>17775894
They're the ones they came with, IDK
>>
>>17775896
Get new hoses. It sounds like a fitment issue, are they aftermarket hoses? Buy OEM ones. I've spent 3 hours trying to fit a Moog rack boot on my Honda Civic only to suck it up and buy one from the dealer for $25 and have it slip on in less than 10 minutes.
>>
The factory transmission lines are rubber and not steel? That's weird, but okay.

On your new radiator, measure the barbs, make sure they actually are the same size as the old ones. Even 1/8 of an inch makes a LOT of difference.
>>
>>17775780
put one end of the hose in a pot of really hot water on the stove, that should allow it to have more give and make it easier to get back on
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.