[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know a lot about car history, so I was wondering:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1502780720278.jpg (4MB, 5291x2976px) Image search: [Google]
1502780720278.jpg
4MB, 5291x2976px
I don't know a lot about car history, so I was wondering:

When the EVO and the STI were both in their golden age, or between the very best EVO and the very best STI, which reigned supreme. Not as a rally car but as an enthusiast car?

pic related minus the GTR
>>
>>17770997
i would say that the most enthusiast oriented evo and sti were the evo 6 tommi makinen edition and the 22b sti
>>
>>17770997
What rims are those? I see them a lot on jap cars.
>>
>>17771070
but out of the best EVO and best STI which one was "better", or have they always been neck and neck?
>>
>>17771075
OP here, no fuckin idea
>>
>>17771076
they have been neck and neck for a long time but in recent times i would say the sti has the competitive edge because of better funding

subaru devotes more funding to their sti division and the current sti is a lot better than the now defunct evo
>>
>>17770997
Don't know anything about the Japanese market, but in the U.S. the Evo was generally regarded as more hardcore and/or high-power oriented. Evo's could either be impressive on twistys or built to dominate the 1/4 mile.

STis were very popular too, but with a slightly different mindset. They were viewed as generally more off-road capable and rugged. The motors weren't as easy to make crazy HP numbers and they retained value a little better for a while.

So,
Evo = supreme performance
STi = supreme DD

It's honestly very difficult to choose between the 2 for me. My heart wants the Evo, but I think the STi is a really kick ass car too.
>>
File: group b.jpg (117KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
group b.jpg
117KB, 1024x683px
Toyota. Also fuck you not as a rally car.
>>
>>17771075
TE 37's
>learned from years of Gran Turismo drifting clubs
>>
best motoring stock evos always beat the sti at Tsukuba modified evos held time attack records in Japan and USA held 1/4 miles records the evo dominated the sti for years now that the evos gone reddit and mexicans made it the it car to own its the sicon tc of this era
>>
>>17771273
>>17771283
>stroke
>>
In terms of pure performance? Evo has always been better. The evo 8 fq400 and the evo 10 fq 440, which has the highest specific output of any turbo charged petrol piston car, perform better than sti's on tracks and in lap times
>>
>>17771283
in wrc, the evo 6 would destroy the sti, but once it got to the 7th gen it sucked, and the 2nd gen impreza was a lot better
>>
Turn in was always better on the evo. The sti is an understeering pig if you don't trailbrake or whip out your left foot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.