[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /o/ think of the Toyota 4runner? Beginner friendly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

What's /o/ think of the Toyota 4runner?

Beginner friendly vehicle? I understand the Honda Civic gets 30mpg and that I should just buy a Miata, but come on lads.
>>
>>17770678
>Beginner friendly vehicle?
get an older one with the 22RE and you're set.
>>
>>17770680
Was looking at a particular '99 4runner.
>>
Just don't cry when someone steals your catalytic converter.
>>
>>17770688
>registering your car in a place with smog restrictions.

lol who cares.
>>
>>17770686
the VZ-FE's are okay. i'd still try to get a second gen tho. toyota kinda fucked up the 4runner as time went on. get a Rav4 if you want something newer.
>>
File: 2.jpg (86KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
86KB, 640x427px
>>17770678
I'm actually going to be buying an 06 4Runner tomorrow morning.
>>
>>17770678
Very beginner friendly vehicle.
A+
>>
>>17770727
the second gen is the one they fucked up on. the 3VZE is a ticking time bomb of an engine; head gasket blows almost all the time
>>
>>17770678
They're great vehicles, easy to work on and reliable. Just look for frame rust, that and make sure the radiator has been replaced or prepare to replace when buying, just look up the "Pink Milkshake"

>>17770688
Happened to mine when I first bought it, luckily insurance covered it.
>>
File: Snapchat-8162834968044903167.jpg (768KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8162834968044903167.jpg
768KB, 1440x2560px
the older ones are fun, driving the 3rd gen and newer feels like most other generic SUV's. The back window rolling down is bretty kewl. Mine had a 3" lift and 33's and was a bit spooky to drive, low speed corners made you feel like it would roll over
>>
>>17770678
i just got rid of my 96 SR5 4x4. they are fairly easy to work on, just stay away from the 2nd gens. I also had one of those and they just blow headgaskets 90% of the time
>>
>>17770688
Luckily I don't live around niggers.
>>
I like them but wouldn't buy an old one because the value is so obnoxiously inflated. I don't care enough about "Toyota quality" to spend 5k on a 20 year old SUV with 300,000 miles.
>>
>>17770678
Great vehicles if you can avoid the Toyota tax. The news ones 2012+ feel like every other suv and are quite pig fat
>>
>>17770678
great cars, some guy told me all 4runners are made in tokyo or something
they get bad gas mileage though, if you aren't a 4runner guy then i don't see why you'd get one
>>
>>17770678
My aunt has a 2000 4Runner. Uncomfortable seats, but I remember the ride quality being okay. Unless you really need an SUV, I might recommend something else.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.