[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys deal with giving up on your car? Im at the end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1498529401083.jpg (80KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498529401083.jpg
80KB, 720x960px
How do you guys deal with giving up on your car? Im at the end of the rope for my car and all its kind. My metro blew a engine on a highway recently and my other one broke in half. I'm sick of dealing with these stranded breaks. I'm putting a new motor into it but I'm really thinking of selling it off. What do you guys think? I love it to death but is it time to throw In the towel?
>>
Obviously put the engine from the one that broke in half in the one that blew. Have Crummy do it for you for a handjob.
>>
How well do those 3-cyl engines hold up to 5000+ RPM?
>>
File: 20170823_155801.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
20170823_155801.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>17765294
They just make noise. Thing is they technically can't redline I heard because power is real low
Sounds almost like a nice v6
>>17765281
Already took it out. Now I gotta tow the other car home
>>
File: Swift_GTi.jpg (333KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Swift_GTi.jpg
333KB, 1024x768px
You could engine swap it and change the bumpers/lights to become a 4-door Suzuki Swift GTi... Basically the same car.
>>
>>17765313
You are already on the right path.
>>
File: RIP roadmaster.png (3MB, 2227x1205px) Image search: [Google]
RIP roadmaster.png
3MB, 2227x1205px
You should've thrown in the towel before you got stranded. Consider how much it will cost you to keep your car(s) running (and how many hours repairs will take you) versus how much your car is actually worth. Is your love of the car worth an extra $100? An extra $1000? Is it worth spending a month's worth of weekends doing an engine swap, replacing parts, and then still getting stranded on the side of the road? Is your love for that car in particular more than the love you could have for any other car?

I still miss my Roadmaster sometimes, but I don't miss the rusting body that was more fiberglass than metal, the rusting radiator and cooling lines, the stuck EGR valves, the leaking distributor caps, the dying hydraulic transmission, the fragile 24-year old plastic pieces (RIP parking break release and window controls), the practically consumable radio antenna motors, or the headlamp assembly that flew off like some fucking Speed Racer gadget on the highway.

I actually do miss that headlamp assembly. As in, it tumbled down a fifty foot ravine into a drainage ditch such that I couldn't find it, and is still missing.
>>
>>17766395
>rusting radiator and cooling lines, the stuck EGR valves, the leaking distributor caps, the dying hydraulic transmission
I could fix all of that in less than 4 hours

OP keep going forward. You will regret selling the car you love
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.