[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/ Just bought a 2017 Chevy Malibu for the wife (don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Hi /o/

Just bought a 2017 Chevy Malibu for the wife (don't ask, its her favorite car, for some crazy reason, I blame the "Real People" commercials buts neither here nor there). Anyway the auto Stop/Start feature really annoys me. I cant find any solid info about disabling it. Do you guys know anything about disabling it? Does it really not damage the engine to stall it every few minutes of driving in the city?
>>
>>17764615
The question isn't if you like it, it's if your wife's kids like it.
>>
>>17764627
Her boyfriend spends most of the time driving it anyway.
>>
>>17764615
Rule of Acquisition 103 : Never pay for a feature you don't intend to use.
>>
>>17764627
Nope. But I did Falcon Punch the little chads out of her womb before the wedding just to be sure there was no mix bloods in there. Its a tradition of my village.
>>
>>17764632
I didn't have the lobes to ask them to delete it and refund me. The Grand Nagus must never find out.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>17764657
FCA Liquidator Brunt here, you are a disgrace to Ferengi Commerce Authority
>>
>>17764615
Should been a man and bought her the 2.0t model. No start stopping
>>
>>17764694
I will make remittance to the Blessed Exchequer and hope the value of soul can be redeemed.
>>
Put it in low and use the plus button to select the highest gear. It will still drive normally but won't shut off at stops. Source: Chevrolet Dealer
>>
>>17764615
>Anyway the auto Stop/Start feature really annoys me
I have the 2016 Malibu. The trick is to not stomp the brake pedal all the way down. As you coast up to a stop in freeway stop and go traffic, you press the brake pedal only enough to make the car stop. The engine stays on.

>Does it really not damage the engine to stall it every few minutes of driving in the city?
The technology comes from Europe where there is a lot of stop/start engine use. Supposedly the computer knows where to stop the engine to position the pistons that will be fired next so the next amount of starter cranking is reduced.

If you carefully notice, the amount of restart is pretty gentle compared to your other cars with no stop/start technology.

>>17764697
The 2016 Malibu Limited was the last N/A aspirated model. But as pointed out, you had to buy the 2017 full optioned model to be able to get rid of the start/stopping feature.
>>
>>17767075
>Put it in low
>Select the highest gear
What? It doesn't shift to the next gear if I am not at the speed. And it stays in 1st gear as long as the shifter is at "M" and I am not at the proper minimum speed for 2nd.
>>
>>17769404
Obviously fuckwit. When you select low it only allows you to select the highest allowable gear it doesn't shift it on demand.
>>
>>17769404
On one Engineering Explained show, the guy shifted through the various gears using the manual mode of that double clutched transmission. There's no secret hack to turn off the stop/start feature. That other poster may have implied it, but that's not the case.
>>
File: IMG_20170822_104357.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170822_104357.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
Every Car that i drove with Start Stop had a button somewhere to disable it.
You have to deactivate every time after you start the Car though
>>
>>17764615
Learn to drive without stopping, I see every application of the brake or full stop as a little failure in my driving.
>>
File: Sans titre.jpg (107KB, 819x605px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.jpg
107KB, 819x605px
>>17771628
>ram some poor fuck at a stoplight
>gosh i'm such a good driver
I get your point but it's still funny to me.
>>
>>17771639
>>ram some poor fuck at a stoplight
>>gosh i'm such a good driver

Failure to anticipate.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.