[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm going to meet a lady who's selling a '94

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 25565540001_large.jpg (46KB, 575x384px) Image search: [Google]
25565540001_large.jpg
46KB, 575x384px
So I'm going to meet a lady who's selling a '94 Corolla for $2000. My girlfriend's dad thinks we should negotiate for $1800.

It's got about 140K miles on it, air conditioning works, VIN, etc is all there. Pretty much falls square in the middle of /o/'s sticky.

My girlfriend drove around with it yesterday while I was at work and she said it was pretty great. My parents are pretty skeptical on me getting a car older than me (22).

So what do you think, /o/? Should I get it? It honestly seems like a great bargain to me and that my parents are being picky as fuck.
>>
Seems pricey to me
>>
>>17764083

We're going with a mechanic and he'll let us know how much it should cost, but the shitty part about where I live is everyone inflates the price of used cars significantly. It's not uncommon to see 90s Toyotas go for nearly $5k.

Is $1800 still too high?
>>
>>17764039
Women are pathetic and weak, negotiating her down to even below $1800 (try at least $1500) should be trivial for someone with balls.
>>
>>17764039
>So I'm going to meet a lady who's selling a '94 Corolla for $2000.

The corolla has those wheels on it? Was it hooned? How many times has its engine been redlined? A 1994 economy car that was aggressively driven is not worth $2000. CarFax should show maintenance history data for it. If there isn't any, then the chance it was taken care of by a hooner and aggressive driver goes up.
>>
>>17764039
You should try to shed off some money because of all the pointless rice the poor car got.
I think that owners who try to sell you riced car at the same resale value of a mint-condition alternative are just deniers of the damage they did to look muh cool
>>
>>17764039
Don't fucking bother. You could get an clean, stock 01-05 civic for 2500-3k
>>
>>17764039
Consider that if it looks riced probably the driver abused the shit out of the engine, probably redline shifting at every intersection.

What you drive tells who you are ;)))
>>
Oh shit that's the car you actually are going to look at. Yea I wouldn't buy that for any amount of money
>>
>>17764529
I'd like to see that. In Puerto Rico, all I ever see are '90s Civics going from 2.5K+.
>>
>>17764946
https://puertorico.craigslist.org/cto/d/volvo-244-dl-1984/6248772008.html
>>
$1800 is fine unless there's some undisclosed (major) problem.

Expect shit like squeaky hinges, squeaky blower motor etc etc and use them to negotiate down to $1500. Also look for minor/surface rust and play it up as a big deal for further shlomo credit. Honestly at $2000 it has to be real shitty to not be worth the money.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.