[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so I'm replacing my radiator and the transmission lines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170822_145427707.jpg (1MB, 5248x2952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170822_145427707.jpg
1MB, 5248x2952px
Ok so I'm replacing my radiator and the transmission lines aren't threading into the new radiator. They're definitely the same size, I put a bolt into the old radiator and it fit perfectly in the new one. Why the FUCK aren't the lines threading in. Pls halp /o/
>>
>>17759234
Oh and by not threading I mean they just keep spinning around and around forever
>>
>>17759234
>autotragic
DROPPED
>>
File: 1416418202131.jpg (126KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
1416418202131.jpg
126KB, 950x633px
thereĀ“s more to bolts than just size
>>
>>17759234
Looks like a GM from the 90s if that's the case you bought the wrong radiator and if you took out the fittings on this one they were clip in and you destroyed the core on the radiator already because those were not suppose to come out. I'm guessing you got a 98-2006 radiator for a sub 96 and fucked up
>>
>>17759234
>>17759343
If I'm wrong on that the thread may have crossed try ruining your nail and see if it goes smoothly if it stops or skips your thread are fucked replace the line or if you know how rethread the bolt
>>
>>17759343
It's an 84
>>
>>17759234
It looks Hella off at an angle in that pic. Line it up better. You may have to bend the pipe a bit
>>
>>17759411
That's what I'm gonna try next thanks
>>
>>17759234
This is why retards shouldn't own or work on cars
>>
>>17759525
Not my fault this dumb shit won't go together
>>
>>17759634
You most likely bought the wrong radiator the line fittings are probably flared causing it to not thread take it back and replace it, if you took fittings out of the radiator it's already toast and will leak right away anyways
>>
>>17759234
Fuckin got em in boys. Took out the radiator and adjusted it and they went right in. Thanks for the help
>>
>>17759234
I had the same fucking problem. I ended up torquing it as hard as I could to get it in and it would slowly leak transmission fluid. Ended up having to use quickseal to fix it.
>>
>>17759309
memer
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.