[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

teach me about engines /o/. what are the basic parts and internals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: shutterstock_88536574.jpg (965KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_88536574.jpg
965KB, 1000x664px
teach me about engines /o/.

what are the basic parts and internals of an engine and what do they do? what are the different types of engines between manufactures and such? who makes the "best" engines? what can you swap out/modify on an engine to increase its performance? etc etc etc

I would look all this up but it's probably going to be more fun to learn from /o/tistis
>>
Well, imagine youre riding a bike, and everytime you kick your leg thats an explosion being turned into rotary motion. Congrats you now know more then 90% of mechanics.
>>
>>17758926
Already knew that but thanks
>>
>>17758912
Well for starters your motor isn't positioned right, second I wouldn't try to learn shit from these wannabe YouTube using mechanics, if you're serious about learning get a beater shit car and just do it. If you want to go the official route your local college should have classes, but most the shit you'll learn by doing it and not theorizing how to do it like most the "mechanics" here. I guarantee most people on this board can't even change a fucking belt or tire.
>>
>>17758940
Well tell me what you want to know then.
>>
>>17758948
My bad on the motor position is right it's just a shit tier boxer meme motor that is>>17758951
praised by the retarded
>>
>>17758951
the only thing i know is what the transmission is, vaguely what a carburetor is, how turbos and superchargers work (nothing more), and that's pretty much it minus some odd stuff here and there.
>>
>>17758990
>carburetor
wew
>>
>>17758990
Ok then, find a two stroke and fuck around with it until you have a good understanding of "carburetor's".
>>
File: CEASE.jpg (9KB, 307x237px)
CEASE.jpg
9KB, 307x237px
>>17758991
>>17759001
what meme is currently occurring
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.