[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the last generation of cars that can't be hacked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: download (10).jpg (11KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
11KB, 311x162px
Whats the last generation of cars that can't be hacked?

Can you hack a 996?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzWHZngfONo

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/
>>
Anything with remote locking can be hacked to a degree.
As for remotely taking complete control of your car with you in it, a 996 is probably safe.
>>
>>17753487

If you're worried, LS swap it.
>>
File: Tesla-Model-S-Hacked.jpg (47KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
Tesla-Model-S-Hacked.jpg
47KB, 620x372px
Will Teslas be the preferred "suicide" method in the years to come?
>>
>>17753493
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_C-Class_(W204)#C_250_CDI_BlueEFFICIENCY_Prime_Edition_.282008.E2.80.932014.29

Hastings was driving a 2008 generation car so it makes me worried that anything with a modern ECU could be compromised. But it seems that the hack took advantage of cruise control so maybe even in modern cars there is a way to disable hackable systems?

I also have a close friend that was injured in a prius crash when his car "froze up" but luckily it was in a residential and his injuries were minor.
>>
All cars can be ""hacked"" mechanically.
Also the CIA could just run you off the road.
>>
>>17753487
peobably late 90's into early 00's as far as ecus and shit go. depends, since fancier cars will have more electronics
>>
>>17753541
Anything with a modern ECU can be hacked, but to which extent really depends on what the ECU controls and how it's wired to the outside world.
I know most, if not all, 996s are throttle-by-wire, but I don't think they have built-in Bluetooth or cellular data directly wired to the same system as the ECU, and they definitely don't have built-in wi-fi.
I doubt anyone's getting in without physically plugging something in.
>>
>>17753568
996 was only throttle by wire for a year. Even then it's still very simple electrically
>>
>>17753487
Buy a new manual car! How can the government accelerate your car if the clutch is pushed in?
>>
>>17753487
Pretty much anything made before the 1980s are safe.
>>
>>17753487
honestly it looks like he hit the curb which can do significant damage to a car if it's going fast enough. Really isn't anything to see here.
>>
if the CIA wants you dead you're dead
you should be hoping for jason bourne to save you instead of worrying about a hacked car
>>
>>17753487
So, I finally read up on this guy. This is some level 1 conspiracy shit going on.
>>
>>17754885

This. Clearly they could have killed Hastings in a more inconspicuous manner if they wanted. His murder seems more like a warning to any other "rebels" out there. But surely they should have known this would create a martyrdom effect like it has. So someone in the higher ups must have been playing 4D chess to shed light on the system.
>>
>>17753497
I'd do this and run straight pipes with it because fuck all the morons buying into this gimmick. I live in the mountains and drove past another tesla parked on the side of the road that ran out of juice. It was there for two days. KEK
>>
>>17753487
>Whats the last generation of cars that can't be hacked?
It is not just about the generation of the car, it is about what it is equiped with.
If your car has neither electric power steering, ABS, ESP, throttle by wire and any form of wireless communication, you should be safe.

>>17754727
>clutch by wire
>throttle by wire
>electric e-brake
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.